845 3 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trgauldin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4105446 ft
United States

Hi all,
I have had my DJI Phantom 2 Vision + version 3 since Christmas,and have really been enjoying flying and taking video.  
I do have a question, When I use the Ground Stationprogram and setup a mission, I have noticed that a lot of times the copter willget to a waypoint, pause, turn in the direction of the next waypoint, turn backto the position it was just in, turn back towards the direction of the nextwaypoint and then proceed to the next waypoint.  It does not seem to happen everytime, and if I’m not mistaken, if I tell it to fly the same mission again, itmight not do it a second time.  I was wonderingif anyone else has noticed this.
Thanks,
Tony
2015-1-16
Use props
GaryDZ
lvl.3

United States

Mine has also randomly done this. My friend's does it almost always. We both have P2V (non +)
2015-1-16
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

I've always thought that this is caused by the Phantom 'seeking' the direction to the next point.  I see it more often in sharper turns and it's almost like the Phantom is trying to decide which way to yaw to point to the next waypoint.
2015-1-16
Use props
trgauldin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4105446 ft
United States

At least it's not just me.    I also have noticed that it will most likely do it on sharper (greater than 90 degree) turns.  It's not a big deal, I can just cut that out of the video when I edit.  
2015-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules