Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Return Home potential Issue!
1640 8 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ppdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272799 ft
United States

DJI Guys, please help me understand this.
I was flying again just now before the darkness fell. All firmware, calibrations, etc....done!
One battery so not that much fly time.
Got the low battery warning and then shortly after that the 10 sec auto land warning.
At that moment I was some 40m from the take off point....and the I1 just started to fly away....I got scared but quickly realised that it was flying to home point.
Question is why didn't it go to a 20m height that I set up when going to Home point?
If I was only 5 meters north at 10sec countdown point, the I1 would have crashed into the cottage that was close by.
See on the images where according to APP the I1 landed while in fact it landed at Home spot!
Thanks!

See photos...

IMG_0380.PNG
IMG_0381.PNG
2015-1-16
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United States

boom!  same thing happens to me, but I wad 6" off the ground.   Another bug!
2015-1-16
Use props
ppdrone
lvl.2
United States

i was probably at about the same height....while it should have climbed to 20m....
I was lucky....it could have ended up in the house!
2015-1-16
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

China

Hi ppdrone,

This is Howard from DJI Forum support. Sorry for the bad experience.
Could you please send an email to inspire1@dji.com with this forum link so that our tech-support team can help to follow up with this case and solve it ASAP?
Thank you very much for your understanding and kindly assistance.
2015-1-17
Use props
ppdrone
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Howard Posted at 2015-1-17 17:10
Hi ppdrone,

This is Howard from DJI Forum support. Sorry for the bad experience.

replied to DJI support and transffered some flight logs...now awaiting results from your engineers...
2015-1-25
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

China

ppdrone Posted at 2015-1-26 12:34
replied to DJI support and transffered some flight logs...now awaiting results from your engineers ...

Thank you very much for updating to me.
2015-1-26
Use props
david.martin.em
lvl.1
United States

I have had the same problem 3 feet off the ground. Have it on video. It's happened multiple times as well as wowed camera jolts while in non agressive flight.
2015-1-26
Use props
Jscgaston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

Going to test out my RTH today!
2015-1-26
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I wish when that 10 second countdown happens it would majorly beep or shout  as i can't hear it over the low battery warning and although i tested out the rth today an seem to be ok i just don't trust it, as the last time i missed the 10 sec countdown it turned 5ft off the ground and shot off so quick nearly taking some ones head off back to the homepoint and also just missing either side of a gated driveway i have that on film aswell some where
2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules