Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-30
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

What program are you using to color grade and process the raw video. You will need more than cinelight to get video that looks professional. Cinelight is very basic calibration tool.
2016-4-30
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

2016-4-30
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Something looks seriously wrong in those screen shots. First, what lens are you using? The distortion of the horizon is not something that could be caused by switching to RAW. I'm going to make a guess here and say that you may have switched to a much wider lens and it's simply not calibrated properly. Sorry if that's not the case but I can't think of any other reason for what you're getting.
2016-4-30
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-4-30
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

richardhurst Posted at 2016-4-30 15:44
It's the Olympus 12mm, same lens I used on my X5 with no issues at all. Have calibrated and it was ...

I would check if it recognizing that you are using the Olympus 12mm. That's pretty much the only lens I ever use and I've never seen that type of horizon distortion. Very strange indeed.I purchased the Autoflight Logic, Autopilot app because the waypoints function is amazing for videos but I've also found it quite handy when trying to isolate a problem and narrow down the possibilties. For $29, it's worth it just for that alone.
2016-4-30
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-5-3
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

richardhurst Posted at 2016-5-3 23:53
Right so here is some video footage showing the difference between what I am getting off the SSD com ...

I really can't comment on the soft focus issue as I don't have an X5R but I'm curious why these current videos don't have the same horizon distortion we saw in your previous images.
2016-5-4
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-5-4
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

richardhurst Posted at 2016-5-4 03:07
You don't need an X5R to see that the footage is soft and the horizon is because I have corrected i ...

Richard... My point was I don't have any method of doing my own comparison between SD and SSD. This being digital, I'm fairly sure that the method of storage cannot effect the sharpness of an image. There are quite a few aberrations you can get in a digital file but soft focus isn't one of them. Also I brought up the horizon again because  that amount of distortion isn't something I've seen in any footage/still from an X5 so it's a bit suspect as to it's origin unless some other factor is being introduced that you haven't mentioned, which could be effecting the focus. At best, I would suggest you post some footage without any post work that was not shot in raw so as to isolate the problem. As it now stands there are way too many factors being introduced to point to the storage method as the problem.
2016-5-4
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-5-4
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

richardhurst Posted at 2016-5-4 03:53
The X5R only shots in RAW on the SSD drive so it's not possible to shoot anything else onto the SS ...

I would suggest that you post a single DNG file from the RAW footage for us to take a look at. That would confirm if the problem is in the post processing or not. Also I'm still not clear why you are getting the fisheye distortion. That can't be from a Olympus 12mm lens.
Image shot with my 12mm and no distortion of the horizon.
400ft_West_San_Jose_Ave_HDR2_web_sm.jpg
2016-5-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Agree with flighttime1 - the results from the X5R are nothing short of spectacular.
2016-5-4
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-5-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>

richardhurst Posted at 2016-5-4 20:18
Mike I'd imagine they are but that is not the point here, the point is MY X5R has obvious issues w ...

Richard - glad you got this resolved. You'll enjoy a normally working unit
BTW - you can delete / modify this thread by clicking 'edit' in the options on the first post. You can even edit the thread title...
2016-5-4
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-5-4
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

The last four posts, from Richard and Mike-the-cat show as "Post only author visible"  hmmmm
Update: Now all posts, other than my own and the original, appear with "Post only author visible". When I log out all posts, including mine show the same but only for this thread. Haven't seen this anywhere else on the forums.
2016-5-4
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-5-4
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

I guess you have something to hide richard. Sorry I wasted my time on this thread.
2016-5-4
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
United Kingdom

2016-5-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>

richardhurst Posted at 2016-5-4 23:46
How do i delete the thread completely did click on the first post to edit but can't see an option  ...

Try this: Go to you first post. Delete its contents, clear out the thread title and save.

Otherwise; Tahoe Ed or some other sysadmin can delete the thread. DJI clears house from time to time.
I'll PM him on another forum for you.
2016-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules