FC 40 Start up issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wayne.abraham
New

South Africa

Hi there all

i am new to the phantom Quad . That said i have flown it a number of times and i have reacently started getting an issue that has stumped me . so let me run you through the issue i am having .

1> controler switched on fresh batterys . Done
2> phantom battery freshly charged and plugged in .Done
3> phantom warm up completed to the point of rapid green flash and then steady green flash .Done
4> Toggle S1 till a steady amber LED is shown .Done
5> Rotate Phantom 360 Deg Green LED shown . Tilt 90 Deg and rotate 360 Deg Steady green LED flash .Done
6> move both Control levers in and down to start up motors and i get a rappid green flash and the motors do not turn ???????

so frustrating

please help .
2015-1-16
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

First of all, posting the same thread twice will not get it answered twice as fast  (how about deleting the other one)

Second; yup, that's a real head scratcher.  The only thing that immediately comes to mind is a rapid green flash indicates resetting the current aircraft position as home -- and that's after flipping the _S2_ switch 5 or more times.  And it should allow the motors to start.

Third, will the motors start if you skip the compass calibration?  How about when you flip the S1 switch to ATTI or manual?

Forth, what happens when you hook it up to the NAZA assistant?  Any error messages

Lastly, you can try to calibrate the sticks for the remote control without connecting it to the computer.  Follow these steps:

TransmitterCalibrationWithoutSoftware.gif
2015-1-17
Use props
wayne.abraham.e
New

South Africa

I cant seem to connect it to the laptop I have tried 2 different laptops and cant seem to get it hooked up
it gives me the rapid green flash in all modes . ???
2015-1-19
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

wayne.abraham.e Posted at 2015-1-19 21:08
I cant seem to connect it to the laptop I have tried 2 different laptops and cant seem to get it hoo ...

Have you ever had it connected to a computer?

Is it possible that, even though you are moving the sticks to full in and down, that the Phantom is no longer seeing that as full deflection because the sticks need calibration?

Go to the downloads page for the Phantom FC40, http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-fc40/download

Are you on Mac, or Windows?

If on Windows, download and install the DJI WIN Driver, and the Naza-M Assistant Software v2.20.  Then connect the Phantom to your computer using the USB connection, power up your controller and Phantom.

In the Assistant software, verify that you are getting full deflection when you move your control inputs.  If not, then under the Basic, RC tab, you will need to recalibrate your control sticks.  Next to where it says "Calibration", click the Start button, then move the control sticks through their full range of motion, and click Finish.  Now verify that the sliders in the software move through their corresponding full range as you move the controller sticks.
2015-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules