Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Follow me on P4 doesn't work
3444 28 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eagle14
lvl.1

Russia

Have tested follow me on P4 today. "P" mode, 20 m altitude. After tapping "apply" on "follow me" window the drone keeps hovering, while showing "GPS signal strong" on the follow me window and the distance beetween me and the drone changes (most right number on the bottom telemetry string) as I moves away from it.
"S" mode - the same. The drone only moves by left stick (throttle and yaw) and do nothing while moving right one.
Anybody experienced the same?
2016-4-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

What device are you using, for follow me the phone/tablet has to have a GPS.
The full PDF manual is in the app and explains how all the features work.
You have no extra features in Sport Mode.
All the intelligent features are available in P mode.
You can use Active Track to follow yourself as well as anyone else.
2016-4-30
Use props
Eagle14
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-30 22:12
The full PDF manual is  ...

I've tested it on 2 devices: Samsung T705 tablet and Samsung S5 mini phone, both have GPS/Glonass turned on. As I said, I can see the distance between the drone and the device changed as I move away from hovering drone  - so GPS on the devices worked well.
I've read full PDF manual.
Enter IOC modes, choose "follow me", then tap "apply". The bird keeps hovering.
Active track works well.
2016-4-30
Use props
Eagle14
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-30 22:12
The full PDF manual is  ...

I've tested it on 2 devices: Samsung T705 tablet and Samsung S5 mini phone, both have GPS/Glonass turned on. As I said, I can see the distance between the drone and the device changed as I move away from hovering drone  - so GPS on the devices worked well.
I've read full PDF manual.
Enter IOC modes, choose "follow me", then tap "apply". The bird keeps hovering.
Active track works well.
2016-4-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Eagle14 Posted at 2016-5-1 02:27
I've tested it on 2 devices: Samsung T705 tablet and Samsung S5 mini phone, both have GPS/Glonass  ...

That is strange, if you walk around does the blue circle (you) move as you move with your Android device?
2016-4-30
Use props
Eagle14
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-1 01:51
That is strange, if you walk around does the blue circle (you) move as you move with your Android  ...

Yes, the blue mark moves with my moving and distance from me and P4 changes on telemetry line, but the drone stays hovering.
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Eagle14 Posted at 2016-5-1 16:23
Yes, the blue mark moves with my moving and distance from me and P4 changes on telemetry line, but ...

If you are able to do a screen record of attempting to use follow me, I can send it to the techs and see what they say. If your device has a GPS and when you enter follow me and do not get any warning messages, it should follow you.
2016-5-1
Use props
brickard
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-1
Use props
Eagle14
lvl.1

Russia

brickard Posted at 2016-5-1 17:39
Mine acts the same way using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. The camera will follow the object being tracked ...

Are you talking about "Active track" or "follow me" ? Active track works well in my case, but follow me - does not.
2016-5-1
Use props
k.lower
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Eagle14 Posted at 2016-5-1 16:17
Are you talking about "Active track" or "follow me" ? Active track works well in my case, but foll ...

Hi Eagle14.
I've been trying to get this to work since Christmas, not only can I not get it to work I have yet to see a video of anyone getting it to work. You would be amazed at the number of people who think  ActiveTrack: AT is the same as FollowMe: FM. I see that DJI-Ken didn't post you the compatible list. On that list is a Samsung S6 guess what It doesn't work. On my Thread, http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368 Follow Me mode? DJI-Paladin posted two screen shots, I suppose it was to demonstrate the FM on the P4. Do you think it's demonstrating a new Quantum field camera that can take photos of itself when it is 22 m up in the air?
2016-5-1
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

k.lower@hotmail Posted at 2016-5-1 13:59
Hi Eagle14.
I've been trying to get this to work since Christmas, not only can I not get it to work ...

I havent gotten FM to work as well. It just stays hovering. Same conditions, except on a Nexus 7 II.
2016-5-2
Use props
Llongiotti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
United States

Same story as everyone else I can see the P4 on the screen move around as I walk around it just does not control the P4.
I am trying this one a samsung tab S SM-T800 android 5.0.2 and a Moto X 1st Gen Android 5.2
2016-5-4
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25794 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same problem with 2 androids devices : Sony Z3 and Sony Z5 compact.

Any error message, but the Phantom4 stay over without following me, in follow me mode.
2016-5-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Latest update to DJI GIO 2.8.0 (for android) today apparently fixes this problem.
2016-5-5
Use props
Eagle14
lvl.1

Russia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-6 01:23
Latest update to DJI GIO 2.8.0 (for android) today apparently fixes this problem.

Yes! it's fixed on 2.8.0. Thanks everybody..
2016-5-6
Use props
k.lower
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Eagle14 Posted at 2016-5-6 18:31
Yes! it's fixed on 2.8.0. Thanks everybody..

Please post a mobile screen video.
2016-5-18
Use props
amh2007
lvl.1
United States

Is this correct? To use Follow me you need to have a tablet with a GPS module.

So when DJI recommends as an example, an iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, you don't need nor actually use the Cellular account, just access to the GPS module in that model, VS the  iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi OR do you actually need a cellular account?

2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

amh2007@nyu.edu Posted at 2016-7-13 04:01
Is this correct? To use Follow me you need to have a tablet with a GPS module.

So when DJI recomme ...

Yes, GPS enabled device is needed.
You do not need to have the data active.
2016-7-12
Use props
amh2007
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-13 04:24
Yes, GPS enabled device is needed.
You do not need to have the data active.

can you tether ipad mini with NO GPS to a iphone with GPS?
2016-7-21
Use props
j5smr
lvl.1

Ireland

I am struggling to understand and use the 'follow me' mode and I can't find anything in the user manual..could anyone point me in the right direction?
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

j5smr Posted at 2016-7-22 00:44
I am struggling to understand and use the 'follow me' mode and I can't find anything in the user man ...

Follow me follows the GPS in your phone/tablet.
So when you enter that flight mode, when you walk around the aircraft will follow the GPS connected to the RC.
2016-7-21
Use props
Gunpilot399
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-22 08:55
Follow me follows the GPS in your phone/tablet.
So when you enter that flight mode, when you walk around the aircraft will follow the GPS connected to the RC.

I took my new Mavic out today and tried Active Track and Follow Me mode. Both times the Mavic tracked me on the camera but remained hovering in the one spot and would not follow me. Have a Samsung Galaxy S5 mobile attached to controller with GPS turned on. This was using DJI GO app. Will try DJI GO 4 app later to see if any better. Seems from reading this thread that this problem lays with DJI firmware and not with us fliers - of course I am happy to be proven wrong and shown what I am incorrectly doing.
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gunpilot399 Posted at 2016-12-24 09:47
I took my new Mavic out today and tried Active Track and Follow Me mode. Both times the Mavic tracked me on the camera but remained hovering in the one spot and would not follow me. Have a Samsung Galaxy S5 mobile attached to controller with GPS turned on. This was using DJI GO app. Will try DJI GO 4 app later to see if any better. Seems from reading this thread that this problem lays with DJI firmware and not with us fliers - of course I am happy to be proven wrong and shown what I am incorrectly doing.

I've tested out Active Track and Follow Me with IOS and both are working great.
I will try to get a Android device and test them out.
2016-12-23
Use props
Gunpilot399
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-24 13:26
I've tested out Active Track and Follow Me with IOS and both are working great.
I will try to get a Android device and test them out.

Thanks for that Ken........great features but so frustrating when they won't work on Android
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gunpilot399 Posted at 2016-12-25 08:38
Thanks for that Ken........great features but so frustrating when they won't work on Android

Did the GO 4 not work as well.
I'm sorry about that, I wish I had a Android device to test them out.
Have you tried in an open field?
2016-12-24
Use props
Gunpilot399
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-25 13:53
Did the GO 4 not work as well.
I'm sorry about that, I wish I had a Android device to test them out.
Have you tried in an open field?

Now working - only thing I can put it down to is that I had both GO and GO 4 loaded on my Samsung Galaxy s5 and maybe a conflict. Deleted both, factory reset my phone and just loaded GO and now all working
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gunpilot399 Posted at 2016-12-27 04:55
Now working - only thing I can put it down to is that I had both GO and GO 4 loaded on my Samsung Galaxy s5 and maybe a conflict. Deleted both, factory reset my phone and just loaded GO and now all working

Ok great, glad it's a ll working now.
2016-12-27
Use props
fans45efc4aa
lvl.1

United States

I have a question related to this. If I have the phantom 4 pro with the DJI screen on remote instead of using cell phone screen, does this mean I have to bring entire remote with me for follow me mode to work?
2017-2-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans45efc4aa Posted at 2017-2-19 06:55
I have a question related to this. If I have the phantom 4 pro with the DJI screen on remote instead of using cell phone screen, does this mean I have to bring entire remote with me for follow me mode to work?

Yes, follow me follows the RC based on the GPS/GLONNASS information it gets from the Phone, tablet, or in your case the built in display.
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules