CANNOT DOWNGRADE! How to downgrade firmware on Phantom 3 Advanced?
22278 30 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

EDIT: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=277621
It seems that version 1.8.80 si NOT downgradable on the drone.

So i guess the below is a mute point
-------------------------

Hi!

Due to signal issues, I would like to confirm that it is not the firmware, but with that come questions:
To downgrade the quad itself it's easy, i put the older .bin on the sd card, and go through the drone and my 3 batteries..
But then what happens with the radio and the phone app?

I am not aware of on how to downgrade the radio, since it's done in the app, and assume that radio and the aircraft should really be on same version?
I also assume that I am ok with using the latest GO app, or do I need to downgrade, and if so, how?

I know buch of you did that, but as I did not find a thread that addrsses the whole process, I figured I'll ask.
This is about going from 1.8.80 back to 1.7.0060.

Thx!

GT

djifirmware.JPG
2016-4-30
Use props
ssaqo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509816 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully someone will help step by step. I've been having really bad signal issues and since in the morning trying to find some post/videos how to downgrade the firmware ( 1.8.80-->1.7.0060) I have never had weak signal issues at  the same spot I used to fly. I have 32 channel hack, I have wind surf antenna. Been changing channels from auto to custom - no help. 1200' and weak signal. I tried putting previews firmware at a bin and load to phantom but didn't went through. Nothing was changed.
2016-4-30
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

ssaqo@yahoo.com Posted at 2016-4-30 15:26
Hopefully someone will help step by step. I've been having really bad signal issues and since in the ...

Have you searched around? Maybe I just missed it? But I had no luck finding a thread with ALL the details.. And yes, just putting the lower firmware on the card pretty much says "the drone is at a higher firmware level already, aborting" or something to that effect.
I do hope someone chimes in.. perhaps the DJI guys themselves.

GT
2016-4-30
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

OK, here's what I just happened to learn on facebook phantom 3 owners group. Downgrading the drone seems to work well, just put older firmware on the card. As far as the radio goes, in the DJI GO app, hold the graduate hat for about 10 sec, and you get a menu to downgrade the radio! How about that?
As I just got a Nextbook Ares 8 tablet today, $78 at WalMart, I have also found out that it's best to power on the radio, then plug in the usb cable to the tablet. Every Time I did that, I had no issue with no signal, every time I had the tablet plugged in while turning the radio on, I had the issue... So perhaps that another trick to combat the no signal issue.....
2016-5-1
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
India

From where to download the older FW? Is there a link on the site? I've been trying to downgrade my standard for a long time now.
2016-5-1
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

varunnahar Posted at 2016-5-2 07:36
From where to download the older FW? Is there a link on the site? I've been trying to downgrade my s ...

I am not sure, but I think the Standard can only be downgraded through the "Graduation Hat" trick in the Go App.
2016-5-1
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

varunnahar Posted at 2016-5-1 23:36
From where to download the older FW? Is there a link on the site? I've been trying to downgrade my s ...

The radio is downgraded from the go app, that already has the previous version. The quad,  just go to dji website and same location you to see the specs for say Phantom 3 advanced,  one of the options is downloads. U will find up to 2 old firmware zip files there...
Hope this helps.
And, no I am not sure how the Standard does it. It seems to be a bit of a different animal... but it's certainly still a bird ;)
2016-5-1
Use props
ssaqo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509816 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've done the "Grad.  hat trick" but after downgrading the quad won't connect with RC.
2016-5-2
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

ssaqo@yahoo.com Posted at 2016-5-2 14:37
I've done the "Grad.  hat trick" but after downgrading the quad won't connect with RC.

Did you downgrade the drone as well? If so, look for a youtube video on how to relink the RC, once you do that you should be fine. Also, I am ok on the latest version of firmware now, I just have to make sure my table is NOT hooked up until AFTER the radio is powered on! Flew 2 days now, and did not have a single disconnect!
2016-5-3
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Ai tried puttin an older fw bin file on the sad card and nothing happened.
2016-5-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-2 00:57
OK, here's what I just happened to learn on facebook phantom 3 owners group. Downgrading the drone s ...

The RC option to downgrade is SLICK.....only caveat is you cannot have already deleted the previous firmware that was downloaded or nothing will show up in you list of downgrade firmware.   

Anyone know what directory on the tablet to physically copy over the older firmware version from the DJI download site so that it shows up on the RC for downgrading?
2016-5-3
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

bfd300 Posted at 2016-5-3 17:30
Ai tried puttin an older fw bin file on the sad card and nothing happened.

Hmm.. I assumed it would be simple to downgrade the actual drone, but I cannot find much info on it.. it's either so simple no one bothers to tell how, or it's so hard the knowledge is sparse? Weird!
I have NOT done it... so i am hoping someone will spill the beans!From some things I read, it seems that putting the .bin file of "one revision down" should work. I have also seen someone say "make sure the SD card is completely clean"...

2016-5-3
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
United States

I did it was a brand new card. Nothing on it.
2016-5-4
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

bfd300 Posted at 2016-5-4 03:36
I did it was a brand new card. Nothing on it.

So it worked?!!
2016-5-4
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
United States

No it did not. When I pulled the card out and put it in my Pct there was another file on it that said update was terminated due to newer version exists.
2016-5-4
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Well, I guess unless DJI chimes in we just not gonna know why this part does not work, and if it should.... The more I hear from people - what you did SHOULD have worked.
What exact version are you trying to downgrade to? You can only downgrade to 1.7.60, not any lower than that. It will ONLY allow you to steb back one step.GT

2016-5-4
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
United States

Yes I tried to downgrade to the next lowest FW.. No luck........I ordered the DBS mod.
2016-5-5
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

I may actually try to this today,  but i will work on the drone downgrade first, this way if it does not work, i got nothing to do with the radio and the app....
GT
2016-5-5
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:10 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
2016-5-5
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=277621
According to this, it is NOT possible to downgrade from this version.. How about that!
GT
2016-5-5
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
United States

HMMM and I bet there is a reason for that LOL........
2016-5-5
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

i have also downgraded from V1.8.8 to V1.7.6 because of the signal loss issues and also IMU issues after the V1.8.8 firmware upgrade.

thing is we shouldn't have to be discussing how to down grade, we should be asking DJI when the fix to V1.8.8 is going to be released??
2016-5-5
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Shaun_au Posted at 2016-5-5 22:45
i have also downgraded from V1.8.8 to V1.7.6 because of the signal loss issues and also IMU issues a ...

Agreed, but how the heck did you downgrade?!!! SD card will not downgrade the drone.. and i cannot find anything on how.... perhaps there's a nonDJI forum where that is explained? I just cannot accomplish it
2016-5-5
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

Phantom Pilots have a lot of useful info and tech files to get extra knowledge
2016-5-6
Use props
AndreDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 952625 ft
Australia

Shaun_au Posted at 2016-5-6 16:24
Phantom Pilots have a lot of useful info and tech files to get extra knowledge

Hello Shaun. What drone do you have ? Pro or advanced
2016-5-24
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

Phantom 3 Pro
2016-6-2
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

sorry been a while since visiting this site
2016-6-2
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

PLEASE FOLKS....Don't Update until you know ALL about the pros and cons.

Updates are NOT mandatory....even though the app leads people to believe they are....which I feel is a bit misleading to newbies.

They are optional....UNTIL you get a bad update...then they become mandatory to fix the issue.
2016-6-2
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-6-2 23:16
PLEASE FOLKS....Don't Update until you know ALL about the pros and cons.

Updates are NOT mandatory. ...

Thanks for the advice
2016-6-2
Use props
fanse6bd7047
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52487 ft

Hungary

Update error !!! Phantom 3 advanced !!!
I wanted to upgrade the drone to the next firmware, but after 40 minutes just beep-beep and nothing happens. How can it be updated backwards, or can you completely reformat the plane?
LED lights red on the camera, the rear lights are red, white, yellow picked up.
Beep beep sounds .........
Please help me.
old: Packet: P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
New: Packet: P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin

Thank you,
2017-5-3
Use props
djiuser_gCLAROm2Ypkv
lvl.1

Maldives

Please try to get solution for this ESC error on phantom3 advance
2020-5-16