Working in France
647 2 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Has anyone had any experience working in France? I've been asked to do a job, I don't have CAA PfAW but would be doing it as a hobbyist (not charging) I have insurance but not overly sure about regualtions etc. I have done work in UK without PfAW, still not charging and understand that is ok (only classed as commercial if your are receiving money). Is this the same in France? There are obviously still some restrictions, are they similar/the same as in the UK?
2016-4-30
Use props
DroneAlps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2043307 ft
  • >>>
France

To fly commercially in France you need permission from the DGAC (like you need permission from the CAA in the UK). This is quite a long process and requires a French pilot license (theory part only). Contact them and see if there is a way around this for UK pilots. I'd be keen to find out how you get on.
2016-5-1
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Mark,

Be careful with commercial work.  Even though you are not receiving payment, there may be recourse as it is work to be used for commercial gain where it will be used for marketing or advertisement etc. it may very well then be classed as commercial work.  

In some European countries where for example a camera operator is used, an additional Observer is required as you can't rely on the Camera Operator for this purpose. Look very closely at rules for France, I believe they are very restrictive following the well publicised illegal drone flight in Paris.

You may wish to contact EuroUSC in the UK, as I think they may accept the BNUC-S license in Europe.

2016-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules