After succesfull firware update: txt files says cancel
3084 19 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex.lute
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842592 ft
Netherlands

After 1 unsuccesfull firmware upgrade (firmware upgrade wait timeout message), I deleted the txt file and tried again. Second time went smooth. The message "Starting updating" came up and all went smooth, also after the power cycle. The (v0.92, iPad Mini 3) app says that the firmware is latest BUT in the txt file on the SD card says "result: cancel".
With all the challenges (keep it positive) i'm a little reticent to fly...

Ayone has the same experience?
2015-1-16
Use props
jhannon66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9013415 ft
United States

I've updated mine twice - first when I got it last week and then the new version yesterday - both times the text file said cancel but the update worked.  It flies great!
2015-1-16
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

I am in the same scenario, and flies perfect! Posted a link in a Thread ([color=rgb(0, 110, 185) !important]Short Flight Video... All Is Good) flying pretty hard today to see how it reacts. Flawless...
2015-1-17
Use props
jan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3514751 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Same scenario here, I got and explanation from DJI customer service, that after a successful update and a powercycle, then it trys to read the SD card again, and here the Inspire see that it already have latest firmware, and therefore write the messages result:cancel.

You can always check latest sw version in the app for all elements.
2015-1-17
Use props
ablackburn6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108025 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where in the Pilot App do I find the menu to check firmware and/or app software version numbers? I can't find it.
2015-1-17
Use props
alex.lute
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thx all for the quicks replys!
2015-1-17
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

jan@exploringim Posted at 2015-1-17 16:17
Same scenario here, I got and explanation from DJI customer service, that after a successful update  ...

Does anyone have a picture of the APP that shows what all the versions should be after the upgrade. I have not been able to see whether it updated or not, don't see the new version but APP indicated it updated success fully and then when I re-try it says "Cancel". It looks like the remote unit also updated based on the colors of the LED but both upgrades were faster than what DJI suggested
2015-1-17
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is driving me nuts.
2015-1-17
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

After installing my firmware update, the text file says cancelled, and now I can't get the aircraft, and the remote to connect.
2015-1-17
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the answers, boys.  I have the same issue...grrr
2015-1-17
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

Never worry about the firmware version verification... it is already handled by ur APP. As long as ur APP don't tell u that u need firmware update, it means that u r already in latest firmware.

Just enjoy ur flight, keep focus on ur flight. Others, let it to ur APP.
2015-1-17
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

'cancel' means the drone needn't upgrade after checking the update package. It doesn't mean upgrade failure.
2015-1-18
Use props
danvet
lvl.2

United States

After the firmware update you need to check the text file BEFORE you power cycle.

If you power cycle, the Inspire will start the update cycle a second time, realize it doesn't need it and then cancel, updating the text file.

It would be better if it appended the text file rather than overwriting.
2015-1-18
Use props
alex.lute
lvl.2
Netherlands

I just saw this video from Marionville Multirotors who handles the timeout problem: http://youtu.be/MFP13b5mR9I
2015-1-18
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

Good info here I have the same issues is there any certain fix yet?
I open pilot app and shows only small black tips window reminder to check for new firmware. .
All looks operational and shows old firmware in the about section.

I also timed out during firmware update and powered down.

Guess Im Running on old firmware and all checks out and says safe to fly though.. Everything looks good however no way Im flying it.
I even calibrated both IMU and compass Im stumped as all numbers looked good with the compass.
Tried to load new bin and it does not try and update just operates as it should.
Text message says Result cancel does this mean its is updated???

DJI needs to address this asap and I too will contact them with serial number etc so this is documented for warranty sake.

All and all it went smooth till the firmware mind blower......my brain hurts.

Watching video now. I will be sure post a screen shot of what I see in the about files.asap

IS THIS WHAT YOUR ALL SEEING AND IS THIS UPDATED??

Status screen blank................Because there are no firmware updates needed.

2015-1-18
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2015-1-18 04:41
Does anyone have a picture of the APP that shows what all the versions should be after the upgrade ...

Just posted what the values I see look like can anyone confirm these numbers?

Blank status page has me confused I will see if this clears up once the android tablet arrives wondering if this was an issue with my g4 I had to use via the pulling of the IOS app days ago as I bought a I pad mini. They list it was being compatible however........
2015-1-18
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

uomemoney Posted at 2015-1-18 08:48
After installing my firmware update, the text file says cancelled, and now I can't get the aircraft, ...

did you try rebooting the app?
not just closing it. if in doubt try turning everything off and trying again. we had the same issue and it was fine after rebooting the app.
2015-1-18
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

ablackburn6@com Posted at 2015-1-17 18:51
Where in the Pilot App do I find the menu to check firmware and/or app software version numbers? I c ...

it is under "about" hit the settings on the rt. (gear) scroll to the bottom.
2015-1-18
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

The Colonel Posted at 2015-1-19 09:11
Just posted what the values I see look like can anyone confirm these numbers?

Blank status page h ...

Actually u r already in latest firmware...
2015-1-18
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

airymok Posted at 2015-1-19 15:20
Actually u r already in latest firmware...

That's what I have thought...the manual gives little info in the android and apple diffenences I so wanted to use an Ipad with  IOC and it looks like with android that's a no go ..Or am I wrong here as it wouldn't let me toggle the IOC option.
NO coarse lock would suck....

Funny as when I fired it up it requested firmware update mandatory.
I did what I was told and it locked up during the firmware update so I was a bit worried to say the least.
Bought an I pad now that wont work!!!
Next day they pulled the firmware for apple..Great..Im out 25o bucks as I have enough tablets already this was to be dedicated to the drone only.
So I bought a tab pro 8.4 and it will be here soon. So far this is a 4k investment easily with the add ons and I want to be as careful as possible with it.
Personally I think the s4 caused the lock up during the firmware upload but it was all I had via the changes recently.

It looks to be fine via the firmware update all checks out fine.
Hmmmmmm.
Guess we will wait till the prop locks get here to test fly it.

IOS  you see the aircraft status and it says firmware updated
Android you don't have that all you get is an arrow to click on and it shows if anything is to be updated. If not the screen is blank.
Funny I see the Samsung s4 as a compatible device on DJi's download page and disclaimer then in the manual it only mentions the Galaxy s5 .I have found several discrepancies like this .

One that is obvious is in the DJi start up and fly video they state a purple flashing light on the rear of the inspire1 will indicate safe to fly when its actually a green flashing light on the inspire as well as in the manual.

All and all the start up and firmware all was too easy for me but when it locked up during the firmware download that's when I got a little worried and need confirmation from those in the know all is good via the info I have provided.
I suspect another firmware update soon and hope for IOS firmware to come back as an option .

2015-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules