Android?
1343 16 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tmiller
New
United States

Is there any information on whether the android app works as well as iPad/phone app?  
2016-4-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The thousands of Android flyers seem to do pretty well.
There's no evidence to suggest that Android doesn't work as well as Apple products.
And there are plenty of Android tablets that are much  cheaper than equivalent iPads.
2016-4-30
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-30 20:57
The thousands of Android flyers seem to do pretty well.
There's no evidence to suggest that Android  ...

but with an ipad,   there is 1 version of dji go.   and if the ipad is supported you just install it,  no worried about what os you have.    ipad's tent to run quite a bit more stable  
2016-4-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

quickpoint Posted at 2016-5-1 16:08
but with an ipad,   there is 1 version of dji go.   and if the ipad is supported you just install  ...

What makes you think Android is any different?
As for the "tends to run  quite a bit more stable" comment, its hard to be more than 100% stable.
Perhaps you've seen the app running on a substandard device.
On a good device the Android version is perfect.
2016-4-30
Use props
DaveB68
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I use a Nexus 7, works great and as I only use it for the P3 I didn't want to spend the extra on an iPad (and I like my Apple stuff)
2016-4-30
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

DaveB68 Posted at 2016-5-1 02:16
I use a Nexus 7, works great and as I only use it for the P3 I didn't want to spend the extra on an  ...

to each their own,   i have never been a fan overall of android hardware.   its just random hardware crammed together and random os slapped on them.    nothing can ever be optimized as well as an apple because of the wide varied of android hardware
2016-4-30
Use props
DaveB68
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Fair comment, we actually have and original iPad, and an iPad Mini 1 in the house (neither work with the P3) but both great bits of kit. I've had iPhones and the Wife has a 6+ which I have used with the OSMO and works great.  But saying that the Nexus works great with the P3 and my aging LGG2 phone works fine with the OSMO, and I've never had any problems with it not being optimized. If there wasn't such a price difference between the Nexus and Mini 4 (£320+) or I needed the tablet for other duties I would have gone for the Mini.
2016-4-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

quickpoint Posted at 2016-5-1 16:34
to each their own,   i have never been a fan overall of android hardware.   its just random hardwa ...

"nothing can ever be optimized as well as an apple "
What does that even mean? ... especially from someone that doesn't use Android
I have two different Android tablets and both  work perfectly ... what more could you want?
Apple and Android devices can both work quite well when configured correctly.
And the converse also applies.
It's possible to have either system poorly configured and have problems.
2016-4-30
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

I think android version is better. At least the simulator is better for sure compared to the iOS version.

But otherwise, the DJI flying experience itself is the same I would say. They are afterall meant to be the same.
2016-4-30
Use props
mickey.railcam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377667 ft
United Kingdom

I have recently switched from android to IOS. I found that connectivity was pretty poor with andoid, the connection was usually abystmal with the ph3 std but improved with the PH4. also on addroid, the DJI go app kept crashing when I tried to livetream. I can livestream perfectly well with IOS and the connection is considerably better.
on the flip side I have just replaced the iphone with an ipad and the picture on the screen is very fuzzy.
2016-5-1
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

Most people have their own preferences. Mine is Android, 2 of the guys I work with prefer Apple and a 3rd doesn't care either way. That said, like with most discussions Android/Apple, the preference has little to do with usability. They all work. At least when you compare similar devices. Comparing a $600 dollar iPad to a $80 dollar Android device will show clear differences. Compare a $600 dollar iPad to a $600 Android tablet and it'll be more realistic.

Regardless of what you choose, make sure the device is compatible. On this page, we list DJI confirmed devices as well as devices that have been confirmed by people currently using them.
2016-5-1
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are starting fresh and can afford an iPad go with that. DJI tends to use the IOS first. Apple and DJI have a close working relationship. I use the Mini4 and it is a perfect match for the RC. Plenty of screen and not bulky at all. The Apple products have the speed that you need to make things run smoothly. I use the Mini4with 128GB along with Wi-Fi and cellular. The cellular isn't really necessary but nice to have and the Retina Display is as vivid as it gets.
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

My opinion, I like IOS better. I use a iPad Mini 3 128GB and had a NVIDIA Shield K.
2016-5-1
Use props
clala
lvl.1

Canada

I use a Galaxy S7. Works great
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-5-2 07:03
Don't know if this affects Android only but the C1 & C2 settings don't persist across DJI Go app s ...

Are you able to post a video of what you are talking about, Once you define C1 and C2 they should keep those settings. You do have the aircraft on when doing this as well correct?
2016-5-1
Use props
Ricardo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I have a Nvidia Sheild and it works perfectly! I tried a number of other android and Apple devices, but I am not a big Apple fan. I have a I-phone and also a Galaxy 6S and both works great.
Just couldn't see real well because of their size. So, tried an older mini that I couldn't upgrade to the right version and several other android tablets. Hade trouble with lag and video. A lot of people recommended the Sheild so I went with that, and I think the processor speed has a lot to do with it. bought it used on ebay for $150...cause I wasn't going to shell out $500- $600 for an I-pad. Couldn't be happier with the Sheild!
2016-5-2
Use props
tmiller
New
United States

Thanks for the info...  I'm wondering if anyone is using the Samsung Galaxy tabs with success.   It's confusing because there seems to be several DJI forums out there and DJI doesn't "support" them.  I'm a Home Inspector and this has been a great asset to me. My inspecting software works best on Android though, so I'd like to use one tablet if possible.
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules