Flight distance : 968 ft
United States

2016-4-30
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

It always amazes me how such a slow rotation of the wind turbines produces enough to keep the world turning.

2016-5-1
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Very nice..   I'd be tempted to fly between the blades
2016-5-1
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

I would have had my phantom chopped up. Nice video.
2016-5-1
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-1 07:17
It always amazes me how such a slow rotation of the wind turbines produces enough wind to keep the w ...

Me too Nigel and they really don't speed up much more on really windy days. I was wanting to get above one and do a shot looking straight down but I was at the 400' max and even with the top rotation of the blades. One doesn't realize the size until you're next to one. I appreciate the comment, I just started flying this spring and I also appreciate your involvement on this forum, always useful and professional.
2016-5-1
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
United States

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-5-1 07:31
Very nice..   I'd be tempted to fly between the blades

That would be very cool to do but when you get close to these things, they're pretty intimidating.  I started getting a lot of electrical interference the closer I got so they must leak out quite a bit of energy.
2016-5-1
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Db,

Pretty cool! I love the windmills. You were a bit braver than me about getting close. I was very concerned about them using wifi to communicate so I stayed back a bit. I wanted to bust through the middle but I didn't have the guts to do it. Great job! Mine was about a year ago.

Jerry

2016-5-1
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft
United States

those things are so....sooo...I dunno, perfectly simplistic and symmetric...looks like an animation or something.  Nice job!  the wind mills around here are usually 1x4 lumber hammered together with a car alternator hanging off the back.
2016-5-1
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-5-1 10:41
Db,

Pretty cool! I love the windmills. You were a bit braver than me about getting close. I was ver ...

Thanks Jerry, the closer I got my screen started to have a lot of interference so I backed off. Very nice job on your video, loved the cloud separation and smooth editing.
2016-5-1
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

kdcox Posted at 2016-5-1 10:47
those things are so....sooo...I dunno, perfectly simplistic and symmetric...looks like an animation  ...

Kd,

We got those windmills too! About 1:30 into this clip. Might be more to your liking!

Jerry

2016-5-1
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
United States

kdcox Posted at 2016-5-1 10:47
those things are so....sooo...I dunno, perfectly simplistic and symmetric...looks like an animation  ...

Oh, we have those too, lmao!
2016-5-1
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Db,

Sorry. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread, I've just got all of these clips that bore most people. Thought I'd share them with people that might have an interest. I loved your piece and I'm giving you your thread back. Thanks for sharing your clip with me!

Jerry
2016-5-1
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-5-1 10:55
Kd,

We got those windmills too! About 1:30 into this clip. Might be more to your liking!

Nice video Jerry, man the colors just pop and hats off to the owners for maintaining this property.
2016-5-1
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-5-1 11:01
Db,

Sorry. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread, I've just got all of these clips that bore most p ...

Jerry, doesn't bother me in the slightest, I was shocked anyone even looked at mine, lol, add to as much as you like.....
2016-5-1
Use props
virtualimagedes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

That literally put me to sleep. These drones are limitless
2016-5-1
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good job Dennis.
2016-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive footage.    Those turbines really are super tall.  
2022-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-5-1 07:41
Db,

Pretty cool! I love the windmills. You were a bit braver than me about getting close. I was very concerned about them using wifi to communicate so I stayed back a bit. I wanted to bust through the middle but I didn't have the guts to do it. Great job! Mine was about a year ago.

Amazing footage of that turbine farm.  
2022-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules