A Request of DJI
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scojorising
New
United States

I love my Phantom 3 standard, but there is an issue with it that may cause me to look elsewhere next time.
When I first bought the drone and fired it up and then tonight when I tried to update the firmware and it failed, the drone beeps LOUDLY. So loudly that my landlord upstairs got upset.
Also, when the update failed, I couldn't seem to figure out how to get the "firmware update available" prompt to show up. I looked online and the vast marjority of the posts on Google say something about copying files to the SD card, which is no longer an option.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get that annoying beep to stop when the firmware is not updated correctly. I love my little Phantom but this will be a deal breaker.

2016-4-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Sorry you had a failed firmware update, do you have good internet where you are. It's possible that during the download there was a slight interruption in your WiFi and it didn't get all the data packets correctly.
Can you sync your flight records then delete and reinstall the app and it should tell you to download the firmware again.
If you are also able to make a video of the process that would help.
2016-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules