dji go or litchi
466664 466664 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft

Hello, question about dji go and litchi, new to flying and hear so many of you pilots use litchi, just curious what are the pros an cons of litchi and is it worth me installing. I think i looked at app. an cost $20.00. Thanks for any input
2016-5-1
Use props
RICK8162JR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47192 ft
United States

Worth every penny, way points are just awesome never had A problem with Litchi
2016-5-1
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

I have only used go app but from what others say I might have to try litchi.
2016-5-1
Use props
aljoseph
lvl.2

I didn't realize that the Litchi app is a full replacement for the DJI GO app. Does Litchi contain ALL the features of the DJI GO?
2016-5-1
Use props
betoleal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550472 ft
United States

No settings.
2016-5-1
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

ONLY get it if you need or want to do waypoints programming WITHOUT having to fly to location first to 'record' a position using DJI Go.

It is an intentional limitation of DJI Go, thereby generating a defacto market for third party software like Litchi and Autopilot.

Or Litchi has other features too that you may want. For me those other features are not as important.
2016-5-1
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You need both, if you spend all that money on the drone, you need Litchi to open up some other options.
2016-5-1
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Show,

Litchi all the way! You need DJI Go for some settings but that's it. I only fly with Litchi. Just my opinion. of course.

Jerry
2016-5-1
Use props
Blowin' free
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1932687 ft
Italy

Many says litchi is better but no one explain why.....
2016-5-1
Use props
tritongr
lvl.1

Greece

Some features of Litchi :
- You plan your route before take off
- You program the aircraft heading (yaw) and gimbal/camera angle (pitch) for each waypoint and the litchi makes smooth transitions between them
- VR mode if you like to watch your flight through googles like VR Box (with your mobile phone inserted to them)
- iOS Litchi can make screen recording
- Draw your missions on your PC's browser (flylitchi.com/hub)
2016-5-1
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Waypoint missions mean you can sit in your nice warm house and plan sorties into the unknown, then sit back and have a coffee and wait for your bird to return with some treasure......or not.

A good waypoint mission comes with time, you can keep fine tuning it to get the perfect program, then your ready for the day when it's best suited weather wise to go out and get your footage/shots.
2016-5-1
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft

does it have to be coffee lol
2016-5-1
Use props
rob32trk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106978 ft
United States

betoleal Posted at 2016-5-1 13:19
No settings.

There's settings in the litchi app. Upper right hand corner  
2016-5-1
Use props
betoleal
lvl.3
United States

rob32trk Posted at 2016-5-2 09:00
There's settings in the litchi app. Upper right hand corner

Yes, I know. But not for everything, it us very limited.
2016-5-1
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

Litchi allows Phantom 3 to use a tracking feature similar to the one on the Phantom 4. Also it has automatic panorama.
2016-5-1
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Does the iOS version have the same capabilities as Android now?
2016-5-2
Use props
Domenico Panace
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34751 ft
Italy

endotherm Posted at 2016-5-2 11:23
Does the iOS version have the same capabilities as Android now?

Not yet
2016-5-2
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

There's no need to select one or the other. I have DJI Go, Litchi and Vertical Studio and I use them all, depending upon what I'm trying to do. I often swap between apps during a flight.  Litchi is ideal for waypoint flying and also manual flyng whilst DJI Go has many options and is also great for manual flying. Vertical Studio has walls and rails which are both excellent features. Given the price of the drone itself, the additional cost of each of the apps is negligible.
2016-5-2
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Litchi is the best for sharp professional aerial photo and videos.
You can also fly very very far away from your home point. The only limit for the distance is your batterie capability.
Yes at a long distance you will lose signal but the Phantom will always come back after having accompilsh his mission.
The concept is that the mission data is uploaded into your Phantom or Inspire.
It can be freaky of course but it work.
You must plan in perfection what will be your mission and the altitude is extremely important to avoid all potential obstacles on the mission route.With Litchi, your Phantom can fly faster than it can with DJI GO. DJI GO have limited the speed last year for Phantom series for a reason we do not understand.
With Lichi in the settings you can get 54 kmh of speed limit.
Litchi improved his IOS most every week.
They now have:
Waypoint
Orbit
Pano
Focus
Track and Follow.
I highly recommand Litchi.
2016-5-2
Use props
write4food
New

United States

@ GQ:

Sir, because of your post on the benefits of the Litchi app, I pulled the trigger and purchased it.  I look forward to trying it out after I get off work.  
2016-5-25
Use props
drago_6999
lvl.2

One more thing not mentioned. When flying a Litchi waypoint mission, you arent limited to camera facing forward. You may still yaw left and right and the drone stays on its true course
2016-5-25
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

There are a lot more advantages to Litchi for Waypoint missions other than being able to program it in remotely. Even if you create the mission in the field (as I do, because it's easier), you get to set a lot more options.

As others have said, it is not a complete replacement. But that's no biggie, since you already have the DJI Go app for free.

Chris
2016-5-25
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
United States

Drago, you can face anywhere. Just change it on the map.
2016-5-25
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
United States

drago_6999 Posted at 2016-5-25 13:05
One more thing not mentioned. When flying a Litchi waypoint mission, you arent limited to camera fac ...

select the waypoint you want then change the "heading" in the settings of your route. You can face anywhere.
2016-5-25
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

the ability to use their website to create your waypoint missions via google maps is amazing, and worth the $20 on its own.
2016-5-25
Use props
romariano71
lvl.1

Italy

Will litchi extend my range??
2016-6-7
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

romariano71 Posted at 2016-6-7 17:36
Will litchi extend my range??

No.

Unless the DJI Go app is itself faulty, like the 2.8.2 iOS one.   In that kind of situation, Litchi is a very good replacement.
2016-6-7
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

With litchi I gain 150 meters in the range (the limit signal is just lower ;) ), I manage to unlock 1080 in 60 FPS in my Phantom 3 Standard ;)

But I I prefer Dji Go for POI and classic flying. I use the two app depending the flight I will do.

Don't forget to "kill manually the process" of the Dji Go app in your phone before launching Litchi
2016-6-7
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Is it true that flying with Litchi will void the Phantom's warranty? I think I read it somewhere in this forum. Thanks All!
2016-6-7
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

NO ... urban legend ;)
2016-6-7
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

remi_rl Posted at 2016-6-7 19:14
NO ... urban legend ;)

Urban legend is always scary :-D
2016-6-7
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Israel

When I want to explore the area, the better the DJI GO
But if I want to do missions, follow me mode, use the glasses, etc ..., so I use the Litch
2016-6-7
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

Murilo Carmello Posted at 2016-6-7 15:17
When I want to explore the area, the better the DJI GO
But if I want to do missions, follow me mode, ...

exactly !

The same.
2016-6-7
Use props
clala
lvl.1

Canada

Litchi is the way to go.
2016-6-7
Use props
schneidman314
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35896 ft
United States

If you lose the machine due to an app related glitch, and have no recourse or recompense, then the app isn't worth it.
Is it going to increase my risk of catastrophic failure?
Damage to my craft?
Or worse.....others.....?
I would love to believe its all that litchi is "allthat and a bag of chips", and you guys make me hungry, but if I lose my Phantom 4, I'm gonna cry.
2016-7-28
Use props
wam8
lvl.2

Pakistan

tritongr@yahoo. Posted at 2016-5-2 02:46
Some features of Litchi :
- You plan your route before take off
- You program the aircraft heading ( ...

Add 'Pano' to the list. It is a nice feature. Drone takes number of pictures, a user defines, which can later be stitch using a panorama maker on computer.
2016-7-28
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-5-25 09:06
There are a lot more advantages to Litchi for Waypoint missions other than being able to program it in remotely. Even if you create the mission in the field (as I do, because it's easier), you get to set a lot more options.

As others have said, it is not a complete replacement. But that's no biggie, since you already have the DJI Go app for free.

Chris - Since I have a wi-fi only tablet, I probably can only create a mission on the desktop; is that correct?  

bob
2016-12-10
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-5-25 09:06

Chris - can I create a mission in the field using only a wifi tablet, or, only from the desktop?

Bob
2016-12-11
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

kyrvas Posted at 2016-12-11 16:28
Chris - can I create a mission in the field using only a wifi tablet, or, only from the desktop?

Bob

Feel free and look for it.

Litchi Hub
2016-12-11
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

Litchi has not "beginner mode" and atti mode and f mode alredy unlocked....pay attention
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules