dji go or litchi
19961 61 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

Maybe it's the IOS version or 1.8 FW on RC but I installed Litchi on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2 - In both cases I am experiencing video lag and break up and none with DJI Go (3.0.1 and 3.1.1) - Even something as simple as rotating the gimbal, while smooth in reality, is choppy in the screen..  Any thoughts?  New to Litchi, tried with Hardware Assist on and off, etc..  Litchi support didn't offer much in the way of help..  First they blamed it on iPad Mini 2 until I told them it was happening on iPhone 6..  :-(
2016-12-11
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

i got it they had a deal on t.g. for 12 bucks.
2016-12-11
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

Litchi....and do away with the DJIGo, DJIGo runs 24/7 on my android all the time. If you manually kill it, it'll eventually come back even if you don't fly for months. Absolutely NO reason for it that I can see unless someone in China is data mining phones.
2016-12-11
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-11 01:08
Feel free and look for it.

Litchi Hub

Thnaks Nelson for your reply. When I open Mission Hub, I only get a map of North America. To find a distant location for a flight mission I have to do some extensive scrolling to locate a NEAR takeoff point. I am not clear about WIFI ONLY tablet access to a distant flight location.
2016-12-12
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

RE: dji go or litchi

GQ. Posted at 2016-5-2 05:29
Litchi is the best for sharp professional aerial photo and videos.
You can also fly very very far away from your home point. The only limit for the distance is your batterie capability.
Yes at a long distance you will lose signal but the Phantom will always come back after having accompilsh his mission.

That isn't that great at 54 kmh (33 mph). With DJI Go I can fly at 88 kmh (55 mph) with my P3S. Although I get the feeling that the flight logs are lying about 55 mph. Although it did look like it was doing some serious speed by watching LOS. That's not to say Litchi isn't worth it. Far from it. As it is still a blast to fly with.
2016-12-13
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

kyrvas Posted at 2016-12-11 15:53
Chris - Since I have a wi-fi only tablet, I probably can only create a mission on the desktop; is that correct?  

bob

No, you can still program in the field on your tablet. You just won't be able to save the mission to the online hub until you're back on wifi reception. My tablet is also wifi only.
2016-12-14
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-12-14 12:50
No, you can still program in the field on your tablet. You just won't be able to save the mission to the online hub until you're back on wifi reception. My tablet is also wifi only.

Thanks - that's good news. I have not yet ventured out with Litchi to plan a mission.
2016-12-17
Use props
sujoyvictory
New

United States

Does Litchi have "Tap to fly" or similar mode like DJI GO app?
I could not find that feature in Litchi. If someone can help please.
2016-12-18
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

sujoyvictory Posted at 2016-12-18 10:57
Does Litchi have "Tap to fly" or similar mode like DJI GO app?
I could not find that feature in Litchi. If someone can help please.

Yes it is called Auto Take Off.

2016-12-22
Use props
Mikdik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1056 ft
United States

Litchi is VERY broadly capable, especially for aerial videographers .  While DJI GO is still required for some "system functions" such as calibrating the IMU, Litchi allows videographers to set up shots (including distant  shots) in advance, removing much of the real-time pressure of trying to "get it right the first time".   But, as with any sophisticated system, Litchi can be complicated.  For an in-depth discussion, read the Litchi for iOS manual referenced on the flylitchi.com help tab as   "English P3/P4/I1 PDF iOS by Richard H."    Read it even if you're using Litchi for Android (the screens look a little different but the functions are largely the same).
2016-12-22
Use props
Dhex_
lvl.1

Ecuador

Personally I use both, depending on what I'm trying to do. For long range flights I trust DJI GO more, because I've notice that Litchi wont take my drone to the safe flight level (wich I setup to 90 meters), but just start the RTH at the current flight level.
2016-12-22
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

Steve-76 Posted at 2016-12-12 13:35
i got it they had a deal on t.g. for 12 bucks.

What is T.G.
2016-12-22
Use props
fans51f5e502
New

United States

kyrvas Posted at 2016-12-11 00:28
Chris - can I create a mission in the field using only a wifi tablet, or, only from the desktop?

Bob

I simply tether my iPhone to my iPad and it works great. My iPad only uses wifi as well.
2017-1-20
Use props
fans51f5e502
New

United States

kyrvas Posted at 2016-12-11 00:28
Chris - can I create a mission in the field using only a wifi tablet, or, only from the desktop?

Bob

I tether my iPad to my iPhone. Works great. It will use my phone for data. Woks great.
2017-1-20
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

fans51f5e502 Posted at 2017-1-20 07:55
I tether my iPad to my iPhone. Works great. It will use my phone for data. Woks great.

What do you mean by tether? Do you have both the iPhone and the iPad cabled to the RC?
Thanks in advance for the input.
2017-1-22
Use props
fans9d8f6b0f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466516 ft
United States

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-5-1 09:58
ONLY get it if you need or want to do waypoints programming WITHOUT having to fly to location first to 'record' a position using DJI Go.

It is an intentional limitation of DJI Go, thereby generating a defacto market for third party software like Litchi and Autopilot.

I'm currently I'm trying to find out itchi flying vid DJI aren't
2020-8-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans9d8f6b0f Posted at 8-25 18:47

We would like to help you, but I cannot for the life of me understand what you are asking?
2020-8-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans9d8f6b0f Posted at 8-25 18:47

My hovercraft is full of eels.
2020-8-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Labroides Posted at 8-25 20:40
My hovercraft is full of eels.

What? Again? I told you to use Eel-Begone.......
2020-8-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 8-25 21:49
What? Again? I told you to use Eel-Begone.......

Thanks GB ... That should fix it.
Do you have any Antman Begone that I could use?
He's come down with a bad case of bokeh-itis.

2020-8-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Labroides Posted at 8-25 21:53
Thanks GB ... That should fix it.
Do you have any Antman Begone that I could use?
He's come down with a bad case of bokeh-itis.

Sorry, just used the last can....
2020-8-26
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

As has been said, it depends what you want to do with your drone. I have both but still mainly use the GO app.
The main "thing" about Litchi is its WAYPOINT programming, with other things like FOLLOW ME which would never work for me in GO.

Here in the UK the law states that you must have the drone visual at all times which rather cancels out Litchi WAYPOINT!!
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules