Signal Lost
2461 23 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tjgroundcontrol
lvl.1

United States

Since the last firmware update my remote is displaying "Signal Lost" and I am unable to engage the aircraft motors. Does anyone have suggestions?
2016-5-1
Use props
santinothegreat
New

I have the same problem and it's really irritating.If not for being required updates I'd never update this Drone again.I have uninstalled firmware and reinstalled it a few times but can't pinpoint the problem. Any ideas
2016-5-1
Use props
Alien
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156470 ft
Australia

Try installing the previous firmware package first. Then install the most recent. Make sure you update the craft before the remote controller. Hope that helps.
2016-5-1
Use props
santinothegreat
New

Alien Posted at 2016-5-2 08:04
Try installing the previous firmware package first. Then install the most recent. Make sure you upda ...

Thanks Alien but it wont accept previous firmware as well.Does your Inspire still fly?  If so there's something eles missing here.I appreciate ideas.
2016-5-1
Use props
Alien
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156470 ft
Australia

My inspire is fine. Have you formatted the sd card? Ie make sure there is only one firmware package on the sd.
2016-5-1
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Did you update the aircraft before the RC? Have they both been updated and with the correct FW and what did the Txt. file say?
2016-5-2
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a fresh new card. Once the Bin is downloaded be sure to remove any text files before inserting the card.
2016-5-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Have you updated both the Aircraft and the RC Transmitter.  If not be sure to do so.  If you still have the challenge come back and we can figure it out.  This is quite often the cause when ther is a mandatory update for the Aircraft and the RC

Hope this Helps- donnie
2016-5-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

santinothegreat Posted at 2016-5-1 18:02
I have the same problem and it's really irritating.If not for being required updates I'd never updat ...

Make sure you have updated both the Aircraft and the RC Transmitter.  This update it was mandatory  to do both.

Did you happen to update the RC before the Aircraft ?  ( This update it was crucial that you did it in order wiht the Aircraft first )  If so you must rollback the RC to version 1.58 and then re-establish communication with the aircraft, then load 1.8 on the AC and then you can load 1.6 on the RC Transmitter, I will post a video below on how to rollback.

Make sure you have a good wi-fi connection and the Aircraft is off when doing the update to the RC,

donnie
2016-5-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

santinothegreat Posted at 2016-5-1 19:53
Thanks Alien but it wont accept previous firmware as well.Does your Inspire still fly?  If so ther ...

2016-5-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

santinothegreat Posted at 2016-5-1 18:02
I have the same problem and it's really irritating.If not for being required updates I'd never updat ...

Be sure to read my tips page, I focus my examples on the phantom but the rules for updates are exactly the same, take you 2 min. to read it.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
2016-5-2
Use props
Ricardo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Did you re-link you RC and copter? I always do that after an upgrade. Had the signal lost once and since then I have always re-link the two, I haven't noticed a problem at all. Don't know if that is the right advise for you, but it seemed to fix my issues.
2016-5-2
Use props
santinothegreat
New

United States

Ricardo Posted at 2016-5-2 09:36
Did you re-link you RC and copter? I always do that after an upgrade. Had the signal lost once and s ...

Thanks for the info Donnie. I will try all your ideas and watch the the video as well.I did all of the things everyone mentioned except relink the RC and copter.Not sure how to do that Recardo.I really appreciate  the help guys.I will let you know how things turn out.
2016-5-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

santinothegreat Posted at 2016-5-3 09:00
Thanks for the info Donnie. I will try all your ideas and watch the the video as well.I did all of ...

If you updated the RC first and not the Aircraft I know that my procedure will work.  The only time to re link is when you have lost communication between the Bird and RC.  If the RC andAircraft do not have compatable versions it will not work no matter how manytime or how well you link. Ricardo is correct in his advise, the link is sometimes lost when updating, but be sure you have BOTH updated to the proper version before doing so Please.

1.7 AC = 1.58 RC   

1.8 AC = 1.60 RC

If these do not match you will get NO SIGNAL

Now if youy have a match and still no siganal THEN  you can re-link .  

Did I mention not to relink if you do not have the RC and AC updated

donnie

2016-5-3
Use props
santinothegreat
New

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-3 22:05
If you updated the RC first and not the Aircraft I know that my procedure will work.  The only tim ...

OK. I got close. Had signal then lost it again.I've upgraded before with absolutly no problems.I know to upgrade the AC before the RC. Apparently I'm missing something about the procedure. Gonna clear out all info on SD cardsand  start over.Maybe I'm not re-linking properly or I don't know how to the right way.I'll keep after it. Thanks for the help
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

santinothegreat Posted at 2016-5-4 03:33
OK. I got close. Had signal then lost it again.I've upgraded before with absolutly no problems.I k ...

If the RC is not linked to the aircraft, the RC LED will be Red and the status will say 'Aircraft Disconnected"
If the LED is green then you are linked and do not need to re-link.
What does the status and about page say/
2016-5-3
Use props
santinothegreat
New

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-3 14:25
If the RC is not linked to the aircraft, the RC LED will be Red and the status will say 'Aircraft  ...

I'm not fimilar with the about page Ken.The RC light is green and I can see picture through the camera but have no control.Can you explain the process of re-linking just so I'll know if I'm getting it correct.Going to buy a new SD card so I can rule out the possibility of a corupt card.Thanks Ken.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

santinothegreat Posted at 2016-5-4 07:11
I'm not fimilar with the about page Ken.The RC light is green and I can see picture through the ca ...

If you see video and the RC light is green then you do not need to relink.
The top center bar form the homepage "Aircraft Status" press that and go to overall status and take a screen shot. And also in general settings, scroll to the bottom and there is the "About" page and post a screen shot of what it says there.
Do all of this with everything powered on.
2016-5-3
Use props
santinothegreat
New

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-4 10:31
The top center bar form ...

Thanks Ken I'll be giving it a try again today.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

santinothegreat Posted at 2016-5-4 21:46
Thanks Ken I'll be giving it a try again today.

No problem, let me know how it goes.
2016-5-4
Use props
west
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-3 20:31
The top center bar form ...

I am having the same issue. I have downgraded the remote firmware to 1.5 then back to 1.6. I have link the remote and linked my second remote. I have formatted the sd card, removed the app and reloaded. I have taken off the camera and cleaned the connectors. Absolutely nothing that I have done has worked.

I can fly the bird, move the gimbal up and down, take pictures, shoot video but I can't see the video feed on the app and the app always says no signal.

Should I send in the camera and gimbal.  Someone else said to downgrade the aircraft firmware to 1.7. I loaded 1.7 to the sd card, put it in the camera and started the battery but the aircraft will not downgrade. Please help. Thank you.
2016-5-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

west Posted at 2016-5-8 12:02
I am having the same issue. I have downgraded the remote firmware to 1.5 then back to 1.6. I have  ...

What message is in the upper bar, Disconnected, no signal ?
If you have not formatted the SD card, post the hidden log file. If you have formatted the SD card, then re-attempt the firmware upgrade or downgrade and pos the hidden log file. If module 8 and 15 say Device not detected then you need to send the aircraft/camera in.

2016-5-7
Use props
west
New

United States

I didn't see any files in any hidden folders. Here is my results:

2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

west Posted at 2016-5-9 00:17
I didn't see any files in any hidden folders. Here is my results:

Nothing is posted in your photo.
If you do not see a hidden log file, then reformat the SD card and attempt the firmware update again and then it will generate a hidden log file.
2016-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules