IMU Calibration Error - Won't Calibrate
14965 10 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikebrownewell
New

United States

I have just received my new Phantom 3 Standard and was going through the steps to get it going and I am frustrated as the video tutorials does not reflect what I have on my screen. I updated the firmware when I first connected and I am not sure if the firmware has changed so much that it does not follow the videos. But ultimately my screen keeps showing a IMU calibration error and I cannot follow the video to calibrate it. The only way I have found to get to anything close to making it calibrate is to just ignore the warning and tell the drone to take off and it comes back saying that it is "unable to verify position in the current environment. Ensure that conditions are safe for takeoff. The aircraft will go to an altitude of 4 ft and hover in place" There is a slide bar to Takeoff. I slide the bar and it shows a box in the upper left saying "Warning the IMU is calibrating and do not move aircraft". It then disappears and it comes back to the camera screen showing the "IMU Error. Calibrate IMU". I can't find a way to get the calibration started again or whether it is even doing anything. I left it for over an hour with no change. Is there a way to just go back to the beginning of the process to get this thing going again. Is there a place other than the tutorial that shows you have to calibrate the IMU based on the most recent release of the firmware. My App version is 2.8.0 and my Firmware is 1.5.70. Any help would be appreciated.
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried a IMU calibration yet?
From the home page, go into the general settings, then MC settings, then advanced settings, then sensors. From there put the aircraft on a perfectly surface and you can do the calibration.
2016-5-1
Use props
Dwbsr
lvl.1
United States

i am having same troubles took drone to vegas with me came back and it wont do nothing but give me IMU error and check calibration it just sit there on floor and beeps i left it for 5 hours to calibrate and nothing but the beeping any help out there please
2016-6-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you show us a screen shot of the IMU calibration screen?  Your IMU mod values should be be 0, 1.0, and between 1400-1600.  
2016-6-9
Use props
Dwbsr
lvl.1
United States

in my sensors screen               Gyroscope (degree/s)
all 4 boxes are blank no numbers at all same with Acceleration (g) and the compass all blank under Calibrate the two boxes check IMU and IMU calibration are not highlighted now cant do nothing with them. on my main screen highlighted in yellow it say's IMU Error. Calibrate IMU.and the aircraft status drop down says everything is normal the pictures i took with phone are to big to upload here.
2016-6-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

Remove the App, power cycle your device and reinstall the App.  Is your firmware up to date?  If so let us know if this helps.  You can download to a server and provide us the link.  If this does not work, then please contact dji.com/support, select your region and method of contact.  They can assist further.
2016-6-15
Use props
boycee2539
New

United Kingdom

Hi  Dwbsr did you sort your problem out with the imu I have the same problem all my boxes are blank and it won't click on the imu button, I have  uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but still won't work, any help would be good thanks
2016-10-3
Use props
Alex Brasil
New
Brazil

Values ​​of imu empty phanton 3
2017-6-14
Use props
Ceeps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87441 ft
United Kingdom

Did you sort this mine is the same after a crash?
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ceeps Posted at 2018-8-5 07:08
Did you sort this mine is the same after a crash?

Hi Ceeps, I'm afraid that the performance cannot be ensured after the crash. I sincerely suggest sending the unit in for diagnosis. You may start a case from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-8-5
Use props
jfj17frontier.com
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-9 12:51
Can you show us a screen shot of the IMU calibration screen?  Your IMU mod values should be be 0, 1.0, and between 1400-1600.

I'm having the same problem. My mod numbers are: 0.01, 1.41 and 1478.35 varying up to 1494.00. Also although I can see the camera view on my phone, I have no control over the drone. I cannot start the motors from the controller.
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules