Almost Perfect
807 6 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I've been reading all the negative comments...  (I'm not arguing. I'll accept that most if not all of them are justified).

But... I just thought I'd share my  personal P4 experience after 3 weeks.  (32 Flights, 6+ hrs in the air and 60+ miles travelled).

It's great!   I had some distance issue with my video signal, but after locking on channel 20, that went away.  I get a mile easiily with solid video.  (I could probably go further, but I don't want to).

When I say almost perfect, I mean almost.  I do get a bit of horizon tilt..  Perhaps they'll fix it.

Other than that, the P4 is amazing.  I love the video.  It is better than the GoPro 2 Silver that I used for two years with my 3DR Hexacopter.  The longer focal length of the P4 camera doesn't bend the horizon as much as the GoPro.   I have a 50 inch 4K smart TV.   I connect my Micro SD to the TV directly using a card reader.  Wow..  When I record in 4K, viewing it on the TV is really impressive.  There is a school in a nearby town.  The name of the school s posted in 2 foot high letters over the front doors.  I can read the letters from an altitude of 300 feet.   

If you have a 4K smart TV, try read your microSD card 4K recordings directly using a card reader.

Other than the above...  The P4 is just fun to fly.  On many flights I don't even bother taking video or pictures.  I just carve up the sky, often in sport mode.   I'm trying to beat my best speed of 54.6 MPH

2016-5-1
Use props
ardrijewellery
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well said these copters are flying and enjoying, if we over think all the stuff we end up worrying whether we will get the bird in the sky or if we do we worry that it might never come down again, very positive feedback, I too have been having a great buzz since I got my first Phantom..
2016-5-1
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

I have nothing bad to say about Dji products or service. Yes some people have problems but the is the same with any product consumers buy.
2016-5-1
Use props
scott.wilson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1621759 ft
United Kingdom

yep had the same experience myself with my P4 - great bit of tech
i also just started using a 3rd party app (litchi) to build flight plans, waypoints and POI's
Stunning to watch it do an entire flight with no fingers on the stick , take off to landing !
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't know if you have tried yet but please do a cold imu calibration with a gimbal calibration right after. It might take a few tries to get it right though. Remember when redoing the calibration you must let the craft completely cool. I would also suggest to start the calibration as fast as possible to avoid doing it when the craft has already heated up. So have the RC and app already open and get to the sensor tab asap!
2016-5-2
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

scott.wilson Posted at 2016-5-2 11:07
yep had the same experience myself with my P4 - great bit of tech
i also just started using a 3rd p ...

Excellent, I was thinking of writing a similar post about my experience, namely that it's been very good both hardware, soft/firm-ware wise and customer service, not that I've needed any customer service other than prompt shipping. As someone else stated on this or Phantom Pilots forum, the feedback we read is mostly people having issues because the rest of us are too busy flying.

As, to 3rd party apps, Litchi is excellent. I'd also recommend trying out DJI Ultimate Flight v. 3[url]http://forum.dji.com/thread-51107-1-1.html[/url]. For me, I do mapping, I like UF  because it uses google elevation, or your own elevation data I think, to set waypoint AGL if desired plus it does continuous photo capture between waypoints for orthomosaics.
2016-5-2
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I do wish the range was better in some situations. I ran out of range sooner than I expected a few times last week in Nevada. That being said, mostly I was able to fly far enough to do what I wanted to. Otherwise the drone worked flawlessly. I don't think you can find a better drone for the money on the market today. I expect that to continue until the P5 is released.
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules