Wifi signal problems / range issue
1777 2 2015-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wolfain
lvl.1

Singapore

Hello everyone

I need some help with my phanton 2 vision+. I bought it in december 2014 and am having some problems now, just out of the blue.

1) I tried to find the wifi connection and it seems to break off rather frequently (I use an iphone 6+ for the DJI vision app). If it does connect, the wifi signal strength stay weak (1-2 bars) despite the fact that I am currently standing closely to the phantom.

2) After resetting the drone, my phone and controller a few times, I do get a full strength signal, take off and within 10 metres, my camera connection breaks off. Phantom wifi signal to my phone is unstable at best.

3) I tried to search for forum articles/threads for help but I'm still at a lost. I have tried to rebind my Wifi-extender twice, but with similar results, no improvement. Could it be a faulty wifi extender or wifi module? Just out of the blue this started to happen, really weird.

I am at a lost, any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2015-1-17
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

On your phone, if you have "search for better wifi" turn it off.  Airplane mode works well also.
2015-1-17
Use props
wolfain
lvl.1

Singapore

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-17 19:43
On your phone, if you have "search for better wifi" turn it off.  Airplane mode works well also.

Not using airplane mode hasn't been a problem for me, although I did try it to no improvement.

Not sure how to turn off the search the better wifi on iPhone? Not sure there's that function...
2015-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules