565 2 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gegetrane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219462 ft
Canada

Hi.
I don't like that we are so limited in ISO selection. Since we don't have f:stop selection, we could at least have 1/3 stop ISO selection so as to modulate better the capture speed in video. This should not be so intensive an upgrade, I believe ! PLEASE do it !
2016-5-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

With a digital sensor and a fixed aperture lens, there are only really two factors that can be varied to affect the exposure, exposure time and video gain. ISO is really a 'manufactured' parameter, because it has no equivalent in modern sensors. Its original meaning was as a measure of the sensitivity of the emulsion in film, but since we are now using electronic sensors, we have a new parameter to play with, the video gain of the system. Digital sensors still have a native sensitivity rating, and that is still measured as an ISO reading. But we can vary the gain of the image, so that has become variable ISO.

The Phantom gives you the ability to vary the exposure by changing the exposure time, as the shutter speed. This is quite effective, and does not have the disadvantage of increasing the noise in the image, which is what you would get if you made the gain variable.

2016-5-1
Use props
gegetrane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219462 ft
Canada

The gain is ALREADY variable, and can be handy on occasion. I try to always shoot at ISO 100. But if and when I decide to adjust the ISO, I'd like MORE control, just like on my standard camera. We all know that exposure time can have a negative effect on video look (jello, etc...) , and sometimes on photos I'd rather rise the ISO by 1/3 or 2/3 stop instead of lowering speed.
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules