Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loose Shoes.....
2411 12 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I noticed that the landing gear risers on my Inspire Pro are 'sinking'. They are attached with double sided tape that seems to be coming loose.
I noticed also that the inside of theese extensions don't follow the coutour of the actual feet. So, all of the stress is on the vertical angled part of the inside.
I have considered drilling a hole through both and adding scrrews but am worried about damage to antennae inside the legs.
Is anyone else having this trouble? What solutions have surfaced?
I have attached some pictures of the problem and detail of screw installation.
riser1.jpg

riser2.jpg

riser_screwed.jpg

2016-5-1
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

How about a nice fresh piece of double sided tape???? If the 'floor' is damaged, it's time for new risers which would come with said tape.
2016-5-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I dont think it wise to place a screw there, it will invite stress cracks, I think as flightime 1 stated, get some fresh two way tape an re -install.

One trick on two- way tape is to wipe the areas to be taped with alcohol wipes and also be sure to wipe your fingers tips as well, any  oil is then removed and you will find the bond between surfaces  is much greater, do not touch the two- way tape on the sticky side, use a x-acto blade or razor, you will be amazed how much better the bond is this way.  

Both sides that are getting the two-way tape need to be wiped down thoroughly with alcohol wipes .

Or maybe instead of two way tape, use some GOOP, it has a nice bond but can still be removed if need be , just blace a dab on the bottom of the floor of the riser, this would make a nice clean install.  

donnie

2016-5-2
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

I wondered about that mod when I first saw it.  Double sided tape??  Maybe someone can come up with 3D version that will snap on and hold without the tape.
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please don't drill through that area with a screw. The antenna's panels are located there. They sell replacement feet with new double sided tape. Or just get 3m VHB tape and replace the tape.
2016-5-2
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

ALso isn't there a possibility that the "metal screw" could interfere with the antenna?
2016-5-2
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

Inspire feet on ebay...click here.
2016-5-2
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the feedback....
      I have 2 spare feet. Guess that's why they sell them in 6 packs! I wiped all contact areas with alcohol before installing. The only time there is any real pressure on the feet is when installing and removing props. Sometimes you have to give it a firm push downward to release the 1345T clasp.
      I manually land the bird gentler than it self lands, so it isn't due to hard landings. I just thought when I got the feet that this was a cheesey way to mount them. (Still do!) Of course, if the angle of the 'floor' inside them matched the angle of the actual landing gear there would le a lot less stress on the foam tape.
I'll just put on a spare and live with it I guess.......... I think I may put a nice blob of silicone in it instead of the foam tape.

Good points about interference and weakening by drilling. Or worse yet, hitting the antennae.

Thanks again to alll.

2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

I would say more glue inside and zip tie on top of it will solve the problem
2016-5-3
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

Silicone to the rescue!
Rainy day and off work, so I decided to fix it.

First, I pulled off the loose risers and removed the double sided tape.

prepped

prepped

Then, a nice blob of silicone inside and push them on.

silicone applied

silicone applied

Wipe off the small bit that oozed out and left it to sit upside down on a pillow for 8 hours.

installed

installed

Final result. Nice and tight and sitting level on all fours now.

done

done

tight & right

tight & right

2016-5-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-5-19 19:06
Silicone to the rescue!
Rainy day and off work, so I decided to fix it.

Well done Mate, That is just how I am going to do it when I get me X5

Donnie
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-20 21:17

Donnie

Whattttt, X5, nice my friend.
2016-5-20
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-20 21:17

Donnie

Thanks! I never thought much of the double sided tape. This is the answer.
I just got in from flying and these shoes are now an integral part of the landing gear. Not just something stuck on.
2016-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules