Swollen Battery TB48
1135 3 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jono
lvl.1

United States

Hey,
Seeing if I can get some guidance on what I should do with a swollen battery, I did not drop/crash this battery, I took it out of the case after being stored for a little over 2 weeks, charged the battery because it seemed to have discharge, but I am almost positive I left the battery already fully discharged before leaving it. Any suggestions on what I should do? Return it? can I even ship something like this? possibly refund or replacement?

Thanks,

Jonathon
2016-5-1
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Depends on how old it is - warranty on batteries is 6 months.
If it is badly swollen then it's dangerous and a hazard - best you get rid of it.
2016-5-1
Use props
Scotflieger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26875098 ft
United Kingdom

A battery should not be left fully charged for as long as 2 weeks. The battery firmware has a default setting to discharge after 10 days. It is recommended by DJI that batteries be discharged to 50% if they are to be placed in store. Leaving a battery fully discharged is also not a good idea.

There is little point trying to ship the battery even if you could find a courier who would handle it especially if it is damaged. As Farnk666, DJI only give a 6 month warranty for batteries.

2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

Jonathon, when did you purchase the battery?  You said you fully discharged the battery before storing? That could be bad for the battery. We recommend to store the battery discharged  to the 50%
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules