Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to fix "disconnected" issue in the Go App
12Next >
201049 67 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

For the record, this is "Jussaguy" over at the PhantomPilots and RCgroups forum.

In the somewhat random looking problem of having the Go App on an IOS tab or phone, there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it but because there were so many of these "disconnect" issues where it would either give you the "how to connect" of "diaconnected" camera screen, I had discovered a pattern and I am now pretty sure that the problem is seemingly always with an iPhone 6 (any iteration) and an iPad (any iteration) when at first glance it may seem like just the Mini, especially the Mini 2 but the fact is, is that it's just most people flying with that tab.  By the way, mine before it permanently disconnected, disconnected from my Mini I'd mid air and I had to once switch it to ATTI and another time, I just plugged in my working phone.

The solution is a hodgepodge of solutions that have sometimes worked and sometimes not.

Here is the method to fix this issue. There have been many methods posted and some (especially the boot from iTunes) seems to fix the issue but I think that's just the long way of getting to this. (Below is a step by step version of the paragraphs)

If you go to the settings of the Go App on the offended tab or phone app, you should then delete the cache for all of the options.

The thing I think it is, and I'm just working on hunches and I was waiting to post this until I gathered up all the info for what was working for people and what wasn't, is the firmware cache.

This just lets the app know, I believe, what firmware you currently have installed for purposes of the app, it does not erase the actual firmwares (app, AC and RC). I can't give you an exact reason but my hunch is there is something happening that is confusing the app as to what firmware it actually has and erasing the cache, deleting the app and re-installing it, re-caches the info and somehow that fixes it.

I am not techy on the hardware side of things so I'm not sure if the reason I just gave even makes sense, let alone is correct.

What I am sure of though is that it works.

Here is what to do if you are having a "disconnected" issue with I'm sure is an iPhone 6 and a IPad laid out in easy to understand instructions:

1) on the phone or tab that won't connect, go into the settings on the main part of the app and delete all cache (don't worry, we are reinstalling anyway) but we want the firmware cache gone when reinstalled so this assures it will be.

2) Delete the app.

3) go to settings of the phone or tab, go to "about" and "erase factory settings and all content".   (Back up first to both computer and iCloud if possible. The reason we deleted then app on #2 is because I don't want it to reinstall the app from a restore.

4) I would personally recommend a clean set up but it's not necessary but either do that or restore from iTunes, not iCloud.

(The going theory is that the iCloud restore won't work but the direct from iTunes and your computer back up is the way to go and this has been met with some success but not 100%. It is my theory that doing this over an iCloud restore, clears the cache that we already did so this whole step might not even be necessary but I'm not sure so let's just go with what I know has been generally working so restore or "upgrade", to create a new pad or phone. Whichever you want.)

5) Reinstall the Go App to the "new" device. (Previous firmwares will all be there).

This should fix the problem and you should be able to connect the craft.

I want to keep track of how well this is working. I waited until it fixed several people with the issue that were going nuts before I posted this and I would like to keep track so if you had this problem, please post your results (bad or good).

Good luck!

Adam
2016-5-2
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

Forgot to mention that this method is for both the P3 and P4
2016-5-2
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

I have a Huawei Honor 6 and get disconnected all the time since the last updates. What I do today is remove USB connection, restart RC and reconnect. Then I am able to fly.
I deleted now my cache, removed the app and re-installed. Will try when I get home to see if is still disconnecting. Thanks for the tips.
2016-5-2
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Tested yesterday and I didn't get the no signal/disconnected issue. The bad part that I forgot to sync my logs and my 37 log flights are gone. That means I have to catch up and fly more
2016-5-2
Use props
Thunderbird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

Im on S6 Edge Plus
While in flight 2km away got disconnected message, restart app same issue, been trying for almost 5 minutes and it get connected again, by the time i view the video the p4 almost return to home
2016-5-3
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

I have now 5 flights without disconnecting issue after re-installing the app. Thanks for the tip.
2016-5-3
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

sweet! I love it. Hope you're still flying well. I hope I'm even posting in this thread. DJI went to a new format on the mobile forum but it seems equally as difficult to traverse but just looks different. Still love ya DJI ;)
2016-5-10
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

Yeah, I can't tell you how many hours I lost by not syncing.

I should have reminded. In fact, I wrote a more concise version of this and so far the success rate is strong. I was so frustrated that when I found out the combination of other people's tips, I was so pleased.

Sorry for posting 2x in a row but I meant to say something about the syncing. I'll edit it when in at a computer to remind people but yeah SYNC YOUR HOURS BECORE DELETING APP.

37 is nothing to scoff at but some people could lose even plenty more.
2016-5-10
Use props
taetob
New

Ecuador

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-5-10 03:18
Yeah, I can't tell you how many hours I lost by not syncing.

I should have reminded. In fact, I wro ...

Did not work,
But the stranger thing was that i downloaded the app to another phone and had no problem..
2016-5-14
Use props
info
New

Argentina

Hi, Ray in Costa Rica, trying this now. Bought a DJI Phantom 3 Pro a week ago, a very experienced friend (who had done Pro work for me with DJI Phantoms and larger octocopters and big cameras)

He came and delivered it to me and got me flying 1st couple lessons, he hooked my iPhone 6 Plus to it, and everything was working great with the iPhone 6 Plus, now have 20 flights.

Then I went and bought a iPad 2 Mini 2nd generation JUST for the bigger screen for the Phantom, no other use really.

brand new factory reset, no apps, just the DJI Go app

DJI Go connects far enough to move gimbal and camera, but no camera image, says "disconnected" top left of screen
2016-5-15
Use props
info
New

Argentina

did everything above, no change, still does not connect

1/2 the time wont go beyond the "how o connect" to the camera screen
2016-5-15
Use props
deyonker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft

I am so frustrated about this problem.  I bought a new iPad mini 3 after my iPhone 6plus stopped working.
I've only seen a camera image 2 or 3 times, but had disconnected message.
Now cannot get past "How to Connect" at all on any device or any cable.  Even new out of the box iPad mini.

2016-8-20
Use props
MM55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 628527 ft
Canada

It's happened to me 2x in the last 10 days, using an iPhone 6 Plus. I wasn't aware it was a common problem until now. I just sent it back to get the Gimble tilt fixed.
2016-8-20
Use props
boonken.tang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327644 ft
Singapore

i had the same issue, and the drone is just 100m above of me. and my RC is not able to control.
so what i did is turn off the remote controller, and on it. without connecting to my iphone 6s plus and land the drone safely. phew.
2016-8-25
Use props
roberthorder
New

Just bought a phantom 4. Having same disconnect issue with phantom 4 and DJI go app.Tried on 4 devices iphone7, iPhone6, iPad Air and an older iPad. First I downloaded app to my iphone7 and for a few seconds could view the camera and than disconnected. Downloaded on my wife's phone ipnone6 when she dropped in for lunch and it worked. I got  home from work in the evening and tried the iPads and same error message. When my wife got home I thought beauty I can give this thing a go and plugged it in to find same bloody issue. Tried reinstalling as suggested above, tried different cords. I think there is a problem with the software and the app. Not happy!
2016-10-27
Use props
davidthecloser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188402 ft
United States

this is killing me 12 hours from store and still no connect w my ipad 2
help
2016-10-28
Use props
Kenny66
New

United States

I bought the Phantom 3 Advanced from a friend and when he brought it over we installed the DJI Go app on my phone. (Galaxy Note 5) It had no issues and he flew it around showing me how it all works.

I pulled it out today to show to someone and it wouldn't connect. Remote connected to the aircraft fine, but the Grey Disconnected bar was showing in the app, or it wouldn't even get past the "Select your aircraft" page.

After several hours I started trying all the USB cords in the house and finally came across ONE that worked. The charging cable that came with the Note 5.
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kenny66 Posted at 2016-11-6 12:22
I bought the Phantom 3 Advanced from a friend and when he brought it over we installed the DJI Go ap ...

Glad to hear you made it finally.
Enjoy it now.
2016-11-6
Use props
Mohawk13th
New

Germany

I got the same problems after i changed to an shorter USB cable. Now i tested some cables and only two worked well. For sure the DJI cable worked always.
2017-1-2
Use props
Mohawk13th
New

Germany

I got the same problems after i changed to an shorter USB cable. Now i tested some cables and only two worked well. For sure the DJI cable worked always.
2017-1-2
Use props
Joker8
New

New Zealand

The phantom 4 remote is also known for faulty usb boards in them which also causes not connected issues.
2017-1-5
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

This post was awesome- thank you.  I believe your hunch- I had the same hunch as this "Disconnected" problem happened to me today; basically after my first true flight.  Sooooooooo frustrated by this; it did not make sense!!!  I tried everything I thought.  Then, I noticed when I tried to set a value in the app (that somehow was set to something that I DID NOT SET, nor was it a default setting) that the app have the popup msg "password reset login error" (or I forget exactly).  This made me think: why would it matter if I was connected to DJI's site/internet?  Then the idea of the cache being corrupted rang a bell.  As soon as I logged into my account, the "Disconnected" error went away...this is because the app then took my settings from the cloud/dji's site and refreshed the app with the correct settings as the other ones caused the "Disconnect" state.  

Do my conclusions and how to fix are:

1. Log into your DJI account within the app;

2. IF #1 didn't work then:
    a). Clear your cache within the app (make backup first! just in case.  fyi, not sure how to recover these settings, haven't researched this yet); backup flight logs too!
    b). Now reinstall DJI Go4; the default settings should now be there and problem gone/can Connect

Not sure if b is necessary; might work if you clear cache then just restart the app; might have to select "reset to default".

#2 I think is the only way to fix if you can't do #1 (e.g. you don't have internet).

There is also something strange with how the app's code is written and how it detects the firmware on the drone/and or the RC.  Very fishy- this could be the root cause but I can't put my finger on it.

DJI PLEASE FIX YOUR SOFTWARE----PLEASE!!
2017-1-29
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

the only time i had disconnect issues with the iphone was when i used a usb cable which proved unreliable, cause as soon as i replaced it it never disconnected unexpectedly.
2017-1-29
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-1-29 18:41
This post was awesome- thank you.  I believe your hunch- I had the same hunch as this "Disconnected" problem happened to me today; basically after my first true flight.  Sooooooooo frustrated by this; it did not make sense!!!  I tried everything I thought.  Then, I noticed when I tried to set a value in the app (that somehow was set to something that I DID NOT SET, nor was it a default setting) that the app have the popup msg "password reset login error" (or I forget exactly).  This made me think: why would it matter if I was connected to DJI's site/internet?  Then the idea of the cache being corrupted rang a bell.  As soon as I logged into my account, the "Disconnected" error went away...this is because the app then took my settings from the cloud/dji's site and refreshed the app with the correct settings as the other ones caused the "Disconnect" state.  

Do my conclusions and how to fix are:

Thanks for adding to the fix.

I had forgotten about this thread until the post just now.

I suppose it is two road to the same path but yeah, I agree that DJI should be able to have the software easily know what firmware it's on without issue, especially if the result is a disconnection.  
2017-1-31
Use props
fansa41d2adf
New
United States

I have the disconnect issue as well & still cant get it to work I think I have tried it all ! Any input would be most helpful..
2017-2-6
Use props
Georgy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20108 ft
Canada

I FOUND SOLUTION FOR MAVIC:... it worked for me in under 30 seconds.  it seems for some reason the aircraft just un-linked itself from the RC, so all what u need to do is to link it back. refer to user manual page 36 to so that,  here is the user manual link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.2.pdf  i went to my RC, put it on, linked my iphone, turned on mavic, showed disconnected aircraft, hit the 3 dots menu on the top right corner, go to remote control, scroll down all the way, and hit linking remote control, u hear a beep and u have some 45 seconds to go to ur aircraft,  open the side where u have ur sd card, and hit the small tiny button once... this is it, worked perfectly.   let me know guys what u think...
2017-2-14
Use props
fansca3f4894
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1709035 ft
United States

info@cararacost Posted at 2016-5-15 06:29
Hi, Ray in Costa Rica, trying this now. Bought a DJI Phantom 3 Pro a week ago, a very experienced friend (who had done Pro work for me with DJI Phantoms and larger octocopters and big cameras)

He came and delivered it to me and got me flying 1st couple lessons, he hooked my iPhone 6 Plus to it, and everything was working great with the iPhone 6 Plus, now have 20 flights.

hi..i have an ipad mini 2 and every now and then it says "disconnected" i just power down everything,power back up and it's working fine..(p3 pro 4k)....thanks
2017-2-16
Use props
FLAMINGTREE3D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891555 ft
United States

Good evening everyone,

For everyone reading this post who have tried every troubleshooting thing in the book to fix their Disconnected issue with the Inspire 1, I've found a solution. I tried everything to fix it and, naturally, DJI tech support, after 7 hours on the phone with them, did not help me. I even called an outside DJI tech who offered me a job because he had never run into someone who had done so many troubleshooting techniques (even a few he didn't know about).

I fixed it by replacing the HDMI modules (Part No. 54) on each Remote Controller. Now, these modules are about $100 a piece, so make sure you exhaust all other avenues first.  Here is the YouTube video that helped me do it:

I hope this helps everyone!

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard
2017-2-19
Use props
Aliboojax
New
Flight distance : 96916 ft
United States

Read somewhere to just turn off the cellular data on the phone. It worked for me.  
2017-2-28
Use props
Aliboojax
New
Flight distance : 96916 ft
United States

Aliboojax Posted at 2017-2-28 17:51
Read somewhere to just turn off the cellular data on the phone. It worked for me.

I have the phantom 3 standard, forgot to put that morsel of info.
2017-2-28
Use props
JayM
New

United States

Never Had this problem until app asked for remote control firmware / software upgrade.  Started glitching out.. now upgraded firmware also for drone..
deleted app on iphone and reinstalled   now cant even get to camera stuck on how to connect.. didnt delete and reinstall app on ipad can still get to camera but still disconnected..???
This has wasted a large amount of my time and also prevented me from multiple once in a life time video shoots.. What is Up DGI ?? Spend good money to be grounded.. these "professional" drones are very unprofessional, Not Fair .. Is there actually any TRUE method to this madness other than everyone having to find their own solutions.  Please Help frustrated upset and still cant fly and film or shoot photos...  Ridiculous ................................................{:4_157:}{:4_173:}
2017-3-3
Use props
JayM
New

United States

JayM Posted at 2017-3-3 20:47
Never Had this problem until app asked for remote control firmware / software upgrade.  Started glitching out.. now upgraded firmware also for drone..
deleted app on iphone and reinstalled   now cant even get to camera stuck on how to connect.. didnt delete and reinstall app on ipad can still get to camera but still disconnected..???
This has wasted a large amount of my time and also prevented me from multiple once in a life time video shoots.. What is Up DGI ?? Spend good money to be grounded.. these "professional" drones are very unprofessional, Not Fair .. Is there actually any TRUE method to this madness other than everyone having to find their own solutions.  Please Help frustrated upset and still cant fly and film or shoot photos...  Ridiculous ................................................

I have a Phantom Pro FYI.. How long will we all have to deal with this???
Ive been grounded for months allready, was thinking it was just software or upgrade to fix bug was coming & trying all above methods to no avail.... Plus been traveling driving and flying multiple states with a drone that i cant use.. Super Bummed.. about to to point of selling and working with different manufactures.... Options? or suggestions.. anyone .. can we just bypass DGI software and use 3rd party ..
Not to mention not buying a 7 thousand plus Infrared upgrade or 12,000 DGI partnered with FLIR cameras either with problems like this, will also definitely share with all industry professionals I know and beyond, if there isnt some support or help..  I was just at a tradeshow past 3 days in vegas where everyone is pushing sales, software, cameras and services..  Want to hurt your sales?? dont help your customers.
Regardless I dont care if you dont have a solution YET, accept responsibility and reply to questions and comments even if you dont have answers.. Unacceptable. done fighting and wasting my time and money with this problem, untill I get more input and some type of response. Very upset. Just found this post about the problem..{:4_177:}
2017-3-3
Use props
JayM
New

United States

JayM Posted at 2017-3-3 21:09
I have a Phantom Pro FYI.. How long will we all have to deal with this???
Ive been grounded for months allready, was thinking it was just software or upgrade to fix bug was coming & trying all above methods to no avail.... Plus been traveling driving and flying multiple states with a drone that i cant use.. Super Bummed.. about to to point of selling and working with different manufactures.... Options? or suggestions.. anyone .. can we just bypass DGI software and use 3rd party ..
Not to mention not buying a 7 thousand plus Infrared upgrade or 12,000 DGI partnered with FLIR cameras either with problems like this, will also definitely share with all industry professionals I know and beyond, if there isnt some support or help..  I was just at a tradeshow past 3 days in vegas where everyone is pushing sales, software, cameras and services..  Want to hurt your sales?? dont help your customers.

If its a cheap USB, admit it & replace your design with more heavy duty, or state the issue, Ill drop $100 in a heartbeat, but if that doesnt fix it and there is no other suggestions, hard not to just give up and quit wasting my time..
2017-3-3
Use props
JayM
New

United States

JayM Posted at 2017-3-3 21:16
If its a cheap USB, admit it & replace your design with more heavy duty, or state the issue, Ill drop $100 in a heartbeat, but if that doesnt fix it and there is no other suggestions, hard not to just give up and quit wasting my time..

No advice tried all the above options and also even used different brand mobile devices with app. no dice, no drone use...........................................................
2017-3-13
Use props
SoulTrain
New

United States

P3A disconnect message after I had to replace gimbal Assy and load firmware. Will try your suggestions. Drone will fly with full RC input but  with no camera. Worked initially with new gimbal Assy install but shows disconnected when I did a .bin file load to gimbal.  
2017-3-23
Use props
fans10797124
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55594 ft
Singapore

P3A disconnects occurences even before flying, and mid air. RC can still control the drone. I'm using Ipad Pro 9" with latest OS, firmware and app, using Orico USB-Lightning cable.

When using Ipad's original cable and Android phone + orig cable, never disconnects. When back using Ipad + the Orico cable, disconnected so many times (no pattern).

When go back using Ipad + it's original cable, never ever disconnects.

My RC has one of it's antennas broken but with it's antenna cable still connected, and it seems that one screw inside has detached somehow, so if I shake the RC you can hear something inside it bouncing.

My drone had hardly hit some trees in the mountain because of this disconnected issue, and I need to climb the hill at the night until finally found it.

But in my case, the RC is fine, the drone and gimbal are also fine. It's the faulty cable that caused the issue.

Hope it helps.

Mark
2017-4-18
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

FLAMINGTREE3D Posted at 2017-2-19 20:59
Good evening everyone,

For everyone reading this post who have tried every troubleshooting thing in the book to fix their Disconnected issue with the Inspire 1, I've found a solution. I tried everything to fix it and, naturally, DJI tech support, after 7 hours on the phone with them, did not help me. I even called an outside DJI tech who offered me a job because he had never run into someone who had done so many troubleshooting techniques (even a few he didn't know about).

I have the HDMI installed and it doesn't work with my P4 with two Android devices that worked prior to last GO 4 version.  Always remains "Disconnected"now.

Weird part is I can plug in my iPad Air 2 and it always connects.

I've read about some issues with the USB on other forums where they speak of using a powered USB hub that keeps the RC from acting as a charger and keeps it as a Communications device.  Seems plausible as my Samsung shows a charging icon in the top when plugged into the RC.  I've set it to USB in the device software and it seems to stay on charging or it reverts back to charging instead of working with the RC live feed.  That reverts back to Charging mode might be why it drops out and crashes with the Androids (Samsungs) too.

I think something is wrong in the way the DJI app or firmware views the USB connection.  Why Apple works and Android doesn't looks like a hardware issue so maybe the firmware in the RC is wrong?  I don't have a powered USB hub to try the above suggestion.

2017-4-18
Use props
fans7907b414
lvl.1
Australia

Georgy Posted at 2017-2-14 13:04
I FOUND SOLUTION FOR MAVIC:... it worked for me in under 30 seconds.  it seems for some reason the aircraft just un-linked itself from the RC, so all what u need to do is to link it back. refer to user manual page 36 to so that,  here is the user manual link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20161226/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.2.pdf  i went to my RC, put it on, linked my iphone, turned on mavic, showed disconnected aircraft, hit the 3 dots menu on the top right corner, go to remote control, scroll down all the way, and hit linking remote control, u hear a beep and u have some 45 seconds to go to ur aircraft,  open the side where u have ur sd card, and hit the small tiny button once... this is it, worked perfectly.   let me know guys what u think...

nop not working on mine
2017-4-22
Use props
fans7907b414
lvl.1
Australia

Aliboojax Posted at 2017-2-28 17:51

nop, iPad mini2 dosn't have cellurar
2017-4-22
Use props
fans7907b414
lvl.1
Australia

can you address Mavic's 'Disconnect' problem. I am just about to get rid of the thing!!!
2017-4-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules