Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7907b414
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-6 01:43
Glad to hear you made it finally.
Enjoy it now.

can you address Mavic's 'Disconnect' problem. I am just about to get rid of the thing!!!
2017-4-23
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fans7907b414 Posted at 2017-4-23 02:38
can you address Mavic's 'Disconnect' problem. I am just about to get rid of the thing!!!

Can I have it then?
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans7907b414 Posted at 2017-4-23 02:38

Sorry to hear about the issue, we'd love to help.
May I know when you purchased it? it was working before?
You connect the mobile device to the standard USB port or the microUSB port on the left side?
What troubleshooting you've done?
2017-4-23
Use props
fans17c98ab7
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Due to my constant disconnects, i contacted support and DJi first said it was a firmware issue and would be fixed in the next version
As one of my mates does not have the same issue and is on the same firmware as mine i asked DJi why? and they said send my Mavic Pro back for repair.
At the time I have avaiable to me 3 Mavic Pros and 2 Inspire 1's,
The Inspires worked perfectly and one of the Mavic Pro's was OK.
I decided to do some tests and have concluded that this is a USB cable issue on the Mavic with the latest firmware.

During my test I had 22 USB to ipad leads available so I went through each one checking if i had the disconnect problem, carfully testing each cable on each machine

The USB Cables were of different makes and lengths and costs.

1) I tested each lead on both Inspire 1's and every lead worked on both of the Inspire 1's and they worked every time without issue.
This to me points to this NOT being a cable issue as they all worked.
2) I then checked each of the 22 cables by connecting them from my ipad to my laptop and they all worked perfectly, so again this points to the cables all being OK
2) I then tested by connecting my ipad to the Mavics and 19 of the 22 cables had disconnect issues on all 3 Mavic Pro's.
When I finally found a cable that worked it worked on all 3 Mavics. This points to 19 faulty cables which I think is an impossibility considering they are from different batches, lengths, manufactures, even colours.

So the issue is that the new Mavic firmware somehow has changed something so the Mavic has little or no tolerance on the USB cable it uses when connected to a Mavic.

So the disconnect is certainly an issue of the Mavic needing a matched cable with a certain resistance which is obviously going to be an ongoing problem as the cables work perfectly of everything other than
the Mavic Pro.

I contacted DJi support and they say they will get back to me.
2017-4-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I found out some of the mini USB cables are Charge only where others are Full USB Data.  The USB Data ones have that USB symbol on the ends and the Charging ones are usually unmarked and have no middle pair of wires  (Data D1/D2) or are tied together internally.  Wire resistance could be a factor too.
2017-4-28
Use props
RERaymond
New
Canada

Not sure if this fixes anyone else problem but I was able to change the connection type of my galaxy tab. It was defaulted to Media Transfer and I needed to change it to "Camera" to get it working.

Everything works fine for now.

2017-5-24
Use props
fansf54cd43a
New

United States

I fixed this problem by renaming the controller's SSID and password.
2017-6-22
Use props
OzzRod
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I'm an absolute Newbie (only 7 test flights with my 3A) and this morning struck the same problem.

I wasn't game enough at this stage to try the other steps suggested here, but I did try this. I'm using an Apple 6E iPhone with my RC and after disconnecting the phone I powered it down - ie swtitched it off with the power button, waited about half a minute and rebooted. I didn't do anything to the Phantom at all, but it reconnected first go and has done so on two more test flights.

I found this to be a reasonably common issue with all my previous iPhones too - when they don't appear to behave as they should eg as tethered modems (personal hotspots), powering down and rebooting the phone works every time. I don't know if this was just chance with the Phantom, but it's working again
2017-7-25
Use props
yooday
New
Flight distance : 18875 ft
Italy

fans17c98ab7 Posted at 2017-4-28 06:23
Due to my constant disconnects, i contacted support and DJi first said it was a firmware issue and would be fixed in the next version
As one of my mates does not have the same issue and is on the same firmware as mine i asked DJi why? and they said send my Mavic Pro back for repair.
At the time I have avaiable to me 3 Mavic Pros and 2 Inspire 1's,

Thank you so much for such a systematic check.. Kudos!

I've flown the Mavic for about 9h so far, but the recent firmware update really kills the joy of flight.

I experience frequent disconnects mid-flight (today it happened when the Mavic was hovering 30 feet away from me). When the Mavic is much further away, disconnects force a RTH (and it still continues to record footage which I will need to manually delete later).
My only "workaround" is to unplug the lightning connector to my iPhone 7+ and re-insert it.
This works sometimes.

Did DJI every get back to you?

Do you have any advice for me please? Would much appreciate !

Am using the latest firmware, iOS 10.3.2, DJI GO 4.
Thank you.
2017-9-16
Use props
colobus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45417 ft
Australia

I have the Phantom 3 Advanced. It's not much used but I always update the firmware in the remote controller and aircraft.  Never had any problems with connection up 'til today. I used fully charged batteries, and a mini iPad with updated DJI ap. On connection the ap stated that the remote needed updating, so that's what I did. I then went thru the usual connecting routine, but I got the 'aircraft disconnected' warning with "the gimbal disconnected" message below. I deleted the DJI ap off my mini iPad reloaded it and went the standard start up routine to no avail, i.e.  same problem as before. I checked the SD card to make sure it was clean. I then tried using an Android phone to connect and I got the same messages. The mini iPad is only a Wi-Fi version, whereas the Android can connect to cellular networks. On starting the Phantom, the gimbal swings around, etc, like it always did before.

Any suggestions to get this bird operating again would be very welcome. Or, it's going to land in the local tip as a piece of junk & I won't touch DJI products again

2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

colobus Posted at 2017-10-21 00:42
I have the Phantom 3 Advanced. It's not much used but I always update the firmware in the remote controller and aircraft.  Never had any problems with connection up 'til today. I used fully charged batteries, and a mini iPad with updated DJI ap. On connection the ap stated that the remote needed updating, so that's what I did. I then went thru the usual connecting routine, but I got the 'aircraft disconnected' warning with "the gimbal disconnected" message below. I deleted the DJI ap off my mini iPad reloaded it and went the standard start up routine to no avail, i.e.  same problem as before. I checked the SD card to make sure it was clean. I then tried using an Android phone to connect and I got the same messages. The mini iPad is only a Wi-Fi version, whereas the Android can connect to cellular networks. On starting the Phantom, the gimbal swings around, etc, like it always did before.

Any suggestions to get this bird operating again would be very welcome. Or, it's going to land in the local tip as a piece of junk & I won't touch DJI products again

Please ensure that both your RC and AC are the latest version. And you can try to flash your firmware of AC and see if the "gimbal disconnected" is still here.
2017-10-21
Use props
colobus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45417 ft
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-21 01:38
Please ensure that both your RC and AC are the latest version. And you can try to flash your firmware of AC and see if the "gimbal disconnected" is still here.

Thanks for your advice. Yes, as mentioned I updated the rc today with the firmware version  displayed on my min8 iPad. There were no firmware updated for the ac. How do I Flash the device?  I can no longer enter the ap at all. Note that I have also used an Androi$, with a new download of the ap. I have also deleted the ap on the mini iPad  and then reloaded it. Batteries are fully charged, SD card is ok.
2017-10-21
Use props
Kevin67
New
Australia

Hi Guys, had the same problem tonight with my P3 Std and after trying everything it seems it was the sd card in the camera. Popped it out and re-inserted it and bingo disconnected went away. Just thought I'd post as that seems to be an issue with no explanation. Just said camera disconnected in the app. Hope it helps someone.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

colobus Posted at 2017-10-21 06:29
Thanks for your advice. Yes, as mentioned I updated the rc today with the firmware version  displayed on my min8 iPad. There were no firmware updated for the ac. How do I Flash the device?  I can no longer enter the ap at all. Note that I have also used an Androi$, with a new download of the ap. I have also deleted the ap on the mini iPad  and then reloaded it. Batteries are fully charged, SD card is ok.

You can download firmware of AC and put it in the SD card. Please take the following video as reference.
2017-10-23
Use props
fans5a1e5b99
New
Flight distance : 57280 ft
United States

i just resolved this issue on my p4. you need to turn of the apple device, go to iTunes on your computer, while pressing the home button on your powered down apple device plug it into your computer continue to hold the home button until the restore screen pops up on your phone/pad. then on your computer select the update option. this will reinstall you ios if its already up to date. after its complete you should be good to connect to your controller again.
2017-10-30
Use props
djiuser_CNHwId2
New
Flight distance : 34843 ft
Italy

Hi, I have just fix the connection problems with these steps:
1- power on RC without left cable connected
2- connect the phone to cable
3- connect the cable to left port of RC.

In this mode the phone still connected with RC.

Smarthphone model: asus zenphone 3
Bye
Mor
2017-11-5
Use props
Grrrrrumpy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2316 ft
United States

davidthecloser Posted at 2016-10-28 19:08
this is killing me 12 hours from store and still no connect w my ipad 2
help

Ipad 2 is too old. Cannot use it with Mavic.
2018-1-28
Use props
PCHbird
lvl.1
United States

Doesn't work for me either.  I tried re-linking the RC but when I select this menu pic it does not present the re-linking sequence so its not relinking.  

Huge problem for DJI.  I already lost a Phantom 4 due to disconnect.  This issue on my Mavic means DJI doesn't get that they will lose customers.  Its my last DJI drone.  This is bull $#1+
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI_ALEX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=163263&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D534%26typeid%3D534
2018-8-25
Use props
iansaggers
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-6 01:43
Glad to hear you made it finally.
Enjoy it now.

As an admin that's all your input?
Lol. I've seen this a lot.
2018-9-11
Use props
iansaggers
lvl.2

United Kingdom

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-5-2 01:55
Forgot to mention that this method is for both the P3 and P4

This won't work for many. You won't get much cache at all on a new device!!
2018-9-11
Use props
HowDoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23579 ft

Georgy Posted at 2017-2-14 13:04
I FOUND SOLUTION FOR MAVIC:... it worked for me in under 30 seconds.  it seems for some reason the aircraft just un-linked itself from the RC, so all what u need to do is to link it back. refer to user manual page 36 to so that,  here is the user manual link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20161226/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.2.pdf  i went to my RC, put it on, linked my iphone, turned on mavic, showed disconnected aircraft, hit the 3 dots menu on the top right corner, go to remote control, scroll down all the way, and hit linking remote control, u hear a beep and u have some 45 seconds to go to ur aircraft,  open the side where u have ur sd card, and hit the small tiny button once... this is it, worked perfectly.   let me know guys what u think...

This post was incredibly helpful. I sent my P3S in for repairs. When it came back, it would not connect. I tried many things and finally found this post. Did the trick. THANK YOU.
2018-10-6
Use props
Graz64
New

did not work for me
2018-10-8
Use props
boont
New

Two things to try. Turn on aircraft, turn it over, look for either a green light in what looks like a tiny screw hole. If it is not green but red, then used a pencil or pen point to click it.  Another option is to go on your cell phone settings for "wifi" and make sure it is seeing you aircraft.
2019-9-12
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

Apart from the above-mentioned ways, I know there is a tool that can help solve disconnected issues. This is TunesKit iOS System Recovery. If can fix your iPhone or iPad disconnected issues without data loss.
2021-4-27
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

Apart from the above-mentioned ways, I know there is a tool that can help solve disconnected issues. This is TunesKit iOS System Recovery  (https://www.tuneskit.com/ios-system-recovery-for-win.html). It can fix your iPhone or iPad disconnected issues without data loss.
2021-4-27
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

Apart from the above-mentioned ways, I know there is a tool that can help solve disconnected issues. This is TunesKit iOS System Recovery  (https://www.tuneskit.com/ios-system-recovery-for-win.html). It can fix your iPhone or iPad disconnected issues without data loss.
2021-4-27
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

Try to force restart your device and reconnect it to the iPhone. This may help. Or feel free to use ios recovery tool like TunesKit (https://www.tuneskit.com/ios-system-recovery-for-win.html) to fix the issue without data loss.
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules