Obsolete after RC latest update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vg
lvl.1

Greece

Phantom 3 pro , was asking for a RC firmware update. Did so,and since then,there is no RC signal
Only thing that might have gone during the process  wrong was that it did the update a couple of times ,but now it says that the firmware is OK  

2016-5-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried relinking the RC to the aircraft ?

Is the aircraft firmware at latest build as well ?
2016-5-2
Use props
vg
lvl.1

Greece

Hello
How can I relink it?
How can I check my current firmware version?
Extra difficult question to whom it may knows: can I connect- directly- an iPad with the bird in order to update firmware without having to remove the sd card?
2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

vg Posted at 2016-5-2 09:57
Hello
How can I relink it?

Sounds like u may be at different levels on Aircraft and RC..  The Aircraft can only be updated with the SD card and there is a preferred sequence to doing fw upgrades, which is make sure you're on the most current version of the DJI GO app, then Aircraft (with the remote control off), then the remote control, then batteries (if needed).  There are both DJI tutorial and user videos on doing upgrades, but you may already be out of synch.  Sounds like the RC needs to be reconnected but it also should be talking to its paired level of firmware on the aircraft.  Start up the app and RC, go to the about section in camera view and tell us what you RC fw level is..
2016-5-2
Use props
Montana Monk
New

United States

I had the same problem when I last updated the RC.  Took me a while to realize I also had to use the SD card to update the aircraft.  After that, everything was fine.  My panic died down a few minutes after it worked.
2016-5-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vg Posted at 2016-5-2 14:57
Hello
How can I relink it?

"Extra difficult question to whom it may knows: can I connect- directly- an iPad with the bird in order to update firmware without having to remove the sd card?"

For the P3 the short answer is no, the .bin file needs to be on the SD card in the aircraft.
2016-5-2
Use props
BMK1
lvl.2
United States

Yes it does say in the release notes "Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link"

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Note_en_160411.pdf
2016-5-2
Use props
cmmettler
lvl.2

United States

Delete the app of your device. Then re-install it.
Worked for me.
2016-5-2
Use props
vg
lvl.1

Greece

I m on a island with limited resources,Internet,pc etc. so I really appreciate your help
I have started a firmware update for the aircraft,if that fails I will try desparate measures
Sure thing is that I will skip any future update
2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

vg Posted at 2016-5-2 14:45
I m on a island with limited resources,Internet,pc etc. so I really appreciate your help
I have star ...

Updates are OK..  Typically I wait 3 weeks or so to see what the fall out is, but if you follow the prescribed sequence to doing it, you should be OK..  Sometimes the updates add new features you may want.
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

vg Posted at 2016-5-3 02:45
I have star ...

Hello vg, when you finish the drone's upgrading, feel free to post the log file which could be found in the hidden folder MISC of the card if the result is failed. Besides, you can relink the RC and drone without DJI GO app. Here is the method:
1.Turn on both of the drone and RC
2.Press C1,C2,recording button and shutter button at the same time.When you hear "D-DD" from the RC, release these buttons and press right dial quickly.Then you will see the RC indicator turns into blue.
3.Find the linking button on the drone and press it.
2016-5-3
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-3 04:43
Hello vg, when you finish the drone's upgrading, feel free to post the log file which could be fou ...

It sounds like he has to do the Phantom itself with the SD Card as well.
2016-5-3
Use props
vg
lvl.1

Greece

After upgrading the aircraft all seems fine. However it was a very unpleasant experience which ruined my trip. Never update again
2016-5-7
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

vg Posted at 2016-5-7 19:42
After upgrading the aircraft all seems fine. However it was a very unpleasant experience which ruine ...

If you really won't update in the future you will miss a lot of improvements and new features.
Just read the instructions, follow them and you will be fine.
2016-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules