Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with a Lightbridge 1
11196 54 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

See... And we have to pay to fix this when Dji made a bad design and chose not to at least put it in the owners manual telling people not to let the batteries go dead!  This is the kind of stuff they pull on a regular basis.. I wouldn't care if I wasn't the one stuck with a non or king product or a fat repair bill!..  This of all things should be a free repair! And this is exactly what happened to mine..  Worked great when I parked it.. Battery goes dead I charge it and now I am experiencing these same exact symptoms!
2017-4-20
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

I would love to hear what Dji has to say about this thread! And why if it's not Dji problem why hundreds of people are able to fix their light bridge 1 units by flashing the nand? Clearly Dji owes some people light bridge 2 that don't have this fault! I'm so displeased with how Dji treats people who buy their products....  Why does the battery even go dead in 1 month? The battery on my p3 pro doesn't and it has lightbridge
2017-4-20
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well...they say its out of warranty so $318 to fix....seems like a lot of people have this problem

Remarks:        The Lightbridge is out of its warranty period, the proof of purchase states 7/14/2014.

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
2.4G Lightbridge GSP printed circuit board assembly V2        1        240.00        240.00
Service Charge        1        65.00/H        65.00
Freight:                        13.00
Total Amount:                        318.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        318.00
2017-4-21
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Unreal...   Not quite 3 years old and never got the iPad app, the one there was is gone, and your system is a pile of crap...  I sure the hell ain't spending more than $200 on stuff Dji makes...  They are lucky they haven't caught a class action suite on a few of their products yet...  They know they are bogus so they could at least make the part available for cheap for us to buy.. And I bet 100 bucks all they do is reflash our boards and send em back! Are re-use our old boards...  There is no way that board costs them for than $40.  Screw us on the product and screw us to fix the pile they clearly know is a pile of crap... I can't see Dji lasting to long
2017-4-21
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

You can get replacement parts for everything but lightbridge.. I wonder why?  Cuz they have none..  That's why! Reprogram ours and send back... $315... What a joke
2017-4-21
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I hear the board is the issue and is pretty simple to replace..but like you said you can't buy it....
2017-4-22
Use props
fans996386a4
New

Guadeloupe

THE SOLUTION :post by Gaucho & Andrew

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... sistant-tool.77073/

Tank you so ! To Gaucho & Andrew
MERCI POUR SUPER VOTRE TRAVAIL ...
(BUT,I'm disappointed about dji )
2017-4-22
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

This may help...  I had same issues and I finally decided to plug my lightbridge 1 into ac power and turned it on and left it on for 3 hrs..  I then turned it off and back on for another 3 hrs...  I did this 4 times and then connected it to my computer and I was finally able to see each device in the assistant software...   Main controller had a firmware version shown but the encoder showed 0.0.0 for version.. So I hit update and reinstalled the firmware. The first time failed... So I power cycled it and tried again...  The 2nd attempt to reinstall the encoder firmware succeeded.  Then the transmitter showed up after but 0.0.0 was its version number..  So I clicked update and reinstalled its firmware...  Then power cycled again and now my lb1 is once again working...   So anyone with this issue do what I did...  I left it on for hrs at a time so it could repair itself and then it was able to do so and installing all 3 firmwares again was possible....  Hope it helps you all...  I was able to do this with the Dji lightbridge 1 assistant app for pc, without taking anything apart...  Just be sure you have a good sub cable to connect it to your pc
2017-5-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oh man....wish I knew this before I coughed up the $$$ But thanks for posting...hopefully somebody else will see this ....
2017-5-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok so I got the LB back...put it on but I had to re-do some mapping for my gimbal...after that works fine....took 3 weeks to get back
2017-5-9
Use props
Geronimo13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 529721 ft
France

Haa !
Same issue....
3 LBs. 2 of them are out after 3-4 month. The last one was used on a regular basis.
Sure it is the samehardware problem from DJI.

Not acceptable from DJI  not te be unable to reset factory configuration. Now my LB is out of warranty.

2017-5-21
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geronimo13 Posted at 2017-5-21 02:31
Haa !
Same issue....
3 LBs. 2 of them are out after 3-4 month. The last one was used on a regular basis.

Yea...sorry to hear that...scroll up a couple and look at what Mark did...he got his working without sending in. If you do try it please let us know if it works for you...bunches of us have LB1's
2017-5-21
Use props
Geronimo13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 529721 ft
France

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-5-21 07:20
Yea...sorry to hear that...scroll up a couple and look at what Mark did...he got his working without sending in. If you do try it please let us know if it works for you...bunches of us have LB1's

Yees ! 1 of 3 LBs is now operationnal. The procedure is exceptionnal and working well
Will apply it to the 2 LBs units  I have.
2017-6-6
Use props
rstekeur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167477 ft
United States

Has anyone else had any luck with this, no video or osd on the tablet. Is there anyway to install a previous firmware?
2018-4-13
Use props
Vancouver BC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1642001 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The sad thing is I have 6 new units not opened and DJI sent my customer  a repair bill for Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
2.4G Lightbridge GSP Printed Circuit Board Assembly V2 1 240.00 240.00
Repair Service Fee 1 65.00/H 65.00

looks like v1 is the problem still fighting with DJI on the repair of the other 6 units and I was a Sub-dealer, Once everything gets fixed I'm done DJI took all my money and ran problems 5 full-size ronin 1 cable had to be replaced they were new  22 inspire remotes had to be replaced out of 100 unit I bought  that is  22% of defective  so sad DJI
2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules