Manual vs Auto settings
1884 9 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kirkd1989
lvl.2

United States

So I have a couple questions if any one could be most excellent to help me lol. When you are in manual mode with a nd like everyone says, and you go from shooting the ground to the sky and the exposure and lighting changes drastically, what do you do? I mean auto looks bad because you see the change in your videos and it looks weird, but idk sometimes it seems better? Idk.

Then also...when flying low over a river my drone would float with the current. How do you stop this? Turn off some kind of sensor?
2016-5-2
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Disable the VPS if you are wanting to fly low over water
2016-5-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

' When you are in manual mode with a nd like everyone says, and you go from shooting the ground to the sky and the exposure and lighting changes drastically, what do you do? '

Firstly, don't shoot as much sky, and do them as separate shots, don't try to do a transition tilt between the two scenes. I never leave my camera in auto-exposure for this reason, only fly in manual.

2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Hello kirkd1989, when you fly your phantom 3 over water, please keep a appropriate altitude. Besides, if necessary, you can turn off the VPS in the MC settings.
2016-5-2
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

Given that this is in the P4 forum, you can't disable VPS.
However, some people have put sticky tape over the sensors when flying over water which seems to help.

We wrote an article, "Making better video with your DJI Phantom 4 / 3 / Inspire" that also covers manual settings and ND filters. Maybe some of the info can help you.

And like Geebax, already said do separate shots and set exposure for them separately. If you want to do a lot of combined /land sky shots consider using a graduated ND filter to even the exposure out a bit.

2016-5-2
Use props
murat-mutlu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311385 ft
  • >>>
Finland

It would be nice if there was "shutter mode"  for Phantom video settings that locks shutter speed and keeps ISO auto, cuz its there when i use with OSMO x3.
2016-5-2
Use props
kirkd1989
lvl.2

phantom-four.co Posted at 2016-5-3 15:20
Given that this is in the P4 forum, you can't disable VPS.
However, some people have put sticky tape ...

And what's the best way to upload our content? When i upload from app to anything the quality isn't anything like I see with people's on line. Is there a difference if I upload straight from drone to computer?
2016-5-3
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

kirkd1989 Posted at 2016-5-4 04:13
And what's the best way to upload our content? When i upload from app to anything the quality isn' ...

Yes, use the files from the SD card instead.
2016-5-3
Use props
kirkd1989
lvl.2

United States

phantom-four.co Posted at 2016-5-4 03:07
Yes, use the files from the SD card instead.

after importing from the SD card, what is the best way to get them on IG and youtube and stuff without compressing it more than it needs to? I still see people online with phantom 3 pics more clear than mine...
2016-5-10
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

A lot of that depends on post processing. We are working on an article that gets into specifics a bit more but as we currently still disagree on what's best that might take a while

A good place to start for youtube though is with their own recommendations.
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules