No Vision on my Phantom 2 Vision plus
4437 22 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lesnam98
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi fellow Phantom pilots

I have a phantom 2 vision plus that has all the firmware upgrades for the fllight controller/gimball etc. The Phantom flies perfectly with no problems.

When i connect my Samsung Note 4 to it wirlessley i can see all the telementry data (satelites/battery etc) however i have no video. I can control the tilt of the gimbal from the Note 4 and the gimball works for stablisation.

The camera does work and will write video to the sd card (Class10 32g)

is there anything i can do to get vision on the Noote 4?

thanks

Stu

2016-5-2
Use props
dino54
lvl.2

United States

Try reformatting your sd card and clean all battery contacts.......including the data pins.......on bird and batt. with DeOxit Gold or similar product.mRemove and reinstall the app on your mobile device.
Hope you get it going.
2016-5-3
Use props
Lesnam98
lvl.1

New Zealand

Thanks Dino54

I will give your suggestions a try and let you know how i get on.

cheers

Stu
2016-5-3
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The 4 pin connector from the Phantom body to the gimbal could be damaged. Unclip, inspect and reinsert firmly,
Worse case scenario could be a dead overheated wifi module. This is becoming more frequent as the P2V+ starts to age. Try dropping the FPV resolution to its minimum 240 resolution @ 15fps. Lowering down the bitrate will also increase range.
2016-5-4
Use props
Lesnam98
lvl.1

New Zealand

HI
Thanks for the advise, tried all suggestions, however still no video, still get the telemetry (GPS, battery etc) but no video.
Also tried a samsung S6 with a fresh upload of the app.
Regards
Stu
2016-5-7
Use props
Lesnam98
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi All
I have tried a few suggestions ans looked on other forums and goo old you tube.
the diagnosis so far that its the video transmitter that needs replacing.
Is there any test i can do to finally "prove" its the TX module.
does anyone have one for sale?

If i cant get this working, i might as well sell the P2 and look at a P3

Many thanks
Stu
2016-5-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Lesnam98@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-12 10:10
Hi All
the diagnosis ...

Check the wifi module in the Range Extender and the wifi mod in the Phantom. There are tests to ping it,  you will have to search to see what they are. Ie. Ping wifi phantom
Also, as the camera can record and take Picts it is proof that the issue is most likely a transmission issue.
FYI...Dji have issues with wifi mods bricking via an Android update, cannot verify this is your problem but been ongoing for several months with no support to speak of from DJI....
2016-5-11
Use props
Lesnam98
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi

Thanks to Northofthe49th.

i googled the ping test. http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/no-live-video-feed.62334/

The ping test proved that the lower part of my wifi tx is buggered (Kiwi term for not working)

Time for a P3 or P4 upgrade.

Cheers

Stu
2016-5-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Lesnam98@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-24 21:06
Hi

Thanks to Northofthe49th.

DJi should repair that for free!
It is likely the android update buggered it as has done for so many folks and DJI have never acknowledged they had anything to do with it but have said for folks to send the faulty part back and they would repair it....You can search the threads below, some have done an RC reflash, one or two of these cover that,
i would not spend the money if i did not have to nor invest in another if the manufacturer cannot back up their blunder!

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41364
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D370%26typeid%3D370
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... typeid%3D370&page=3
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D370%26typeid%3D370

Good luck!
2016-5-25
Use props
dCon0ne
lvl.2

United States

I have the same issue,  My P2V+ works in ALL aspects, except the phone(LG3), will not display the video.  :-(   
Went back to my OLD Samsung S3 Skyrocket, and the video is working.  The Samsung has been off the Cell
network(no SIM Card), for over 9 months now.

I tryed updating the Apps(DJI Vision, and Litchi), on the LG3 phone, but the video still does not work on THIS phone.

2016-5-27
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft

Lesnam98@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-12 10:10
Hi All
the diagnosis ...

I think it is the Wi-Fi module in the Phantom2, mine is the same way.
2016-5-28
Use props
dkaustin
lvl.1

United States

Just an additional data point--  I have all the familiar symptoms, but my WiFi module checks out good.  Was able to successfully ping both boards in the module, and my module is the newer vented type.  Continuity of all the cables to the camera is good, and all connectors are firmly seated.  All firmware has been updated to the latest version.  The Vision app has been deleted and reinstalled from my tablet.  The problem is the same on two different devices and two different apps.

I think it's time to admit to myself that I wasted my money on a shoddy toy and move on.  If I buy another drone, it will NOT be from DJI.
2016-6-11
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well my "shoddy toy" still works perfectly after 2 years.
Don't forget to shut the door on your way out....
2016-6-11
Use props
Lesnam98
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi All, Thanks for all your help, the P2 still flys great but have decided to on-sell the P2 and give a P3 a try. Regards
2016-6-14
Use props
Lesnam98
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi all, latest update

Strange, the other day, was flying at the local park, all of a sudden i did have the camera view on my samsung phone, only for a few seconds then it went blank again.

Could the wifi card be ok?

Regards
Stu

2016-7-7
Use props
Dimzin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37392 ft
Canada

This is ridiculous, Why do so many devices fail suddenly after f/w updates?
This is the 3rd product I own that has failed AFTER a F/W update. I WAS running a P2V that I bought from a friend.
I have had several great flights w/it and am always amazed at the pics once they're upped to my PC.
Unfortunately it seems I have fallen victim to the fried TX board also. I know this can this be attributed to "aging" components.
I'm not a believer of that excuse, basically I think this is by design and is just an easy way to gain more of my/our hard earned $.
I was quoted $300+ for a repair on this unit. It's never been crashed/smashed/flown in inclement weather.
When I first got my P2V I thought DJI was an amazing company w/great service and support. Well, after soooo many forums and threads, I'm disappointed.
I'd actually considered an inspire as my next platform but NO WAY am I going to fall victim to the "aging/worn component" excuse on a $2k + paperweight.
REALLY P'd and VERY discouraged.. Thanks for destroying my foray into aerial imaging DJI.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dimzin Posted at 2016-7-23 07:20
This is the 3rd product  ...

To clarify, did you have your friend's proof of purchase when you sent in your unit? Could you happen to provide your RMA number for further follow up?
2016-7-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Dimzin Posted at 2016-7-22 16:20
This is the 3rd product  ...

Not sure if you were in any way a victim of the infamous Range Extender debacle as per this link which DJI have removed from the forum posts...but could it be a factor?

Also, check the version history upgrades on your itunes for the vision app, my belief is in the 1.0.58 update they screwed with the transmitter as per the notes in the version history, same could be true for a lot of android users who suffered also

http://forum.dji.com/thread-57702-1-1.html

hope you get it sorted.
IMG_0022.PNG
2016-7-23
Use props
Dimzin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37392 ft
Canada

My Phantom has not left my possession. No RMA # as I have not contacted DJI about it yet, 2nd hand phantom so pretty certain no warranty whatsoever.
Is the fix for this as simple as latest f/w, swapping out the RE500 w/A RE700 and re-bind?
I have a line on a crashed P2V+ that'll cost me a little more than the repair I've been quoted.
Comes w/4 Batteries (Low use), P2V+, Box, Remote w/RE700, Charger.

2016-7-29
Use props
francrev489
lvl.1

Spain

I had the same problem and I had to buy a new wireless module to solve this problem.
Not DJI took over repairing a basic design problem for not foreseeing the heat accumulation in the module.
More and more people are buying other brands of drones.
2016-7-31
Use props
Lesnam98
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi All

Thanks for all your responses, i have now upgraded to a P3S that i have just crashed

I also brought my son a P3A which is flying fine

cheers

Stu
2016-8-10
Use props

DJI is the worst customer service I've ever dealt with (and I have comcast)...  

They bricked all of our Vision + drones and left everyone hanging.  I'm still waiting for the class action suit because one should definitely be coming.  DJI is a PIECE OF SHIT company.  I would never recommend them.  I will definitely never buy another one of their products.  

Suck it DJI...  
2016-10-16
Use props
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

I have a post called "Bad companies" discussing DJI's response to this problem.  You should go there and chime in as I am the only one in the thread with this problem.  The rest of the people are saying I'm a jerk
2016-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules