1731 6 2016-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrejs.zlobins
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130285 ft
Latvia

Hi!
Which software shall I use to view the DNG files from my Phantom 3 with the settings I use when taking the shot? For example, I can view the NEF files with camera settings from my Nikon DSLR using Nikon's ViewNX 2. Is there something similar for the DJI camera, because I want to shoot RAW to get the best possible image quality without having to edit every picture in Photoshop!
Thank you very much!
2016-5-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What is the point in shooting in DNG if you don't post-process it in Photoshop or similar? The file appendix DNG stands for Digital Negative, the very idea of it is to 'develop' the image in an image processing application to get the best out of it. If you don't want to post it, then shoot in JPEG.

2016-5-3
Use props
andrejs.zlobins
lvl.1
Latvia

The point of shooting in DNG is that it is more lossless format compared to the JPEG.  And I know very well what DNG stands for, you dumbass. If you don't have any suggestions for the issue mentioned above, don't spam.
2016-5-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

andrejs.zlobins Posted at 2016-5-3 20:32
The point of shooting in DNG is that it is more lossless format compared to the JPEG.  And I know ve ...

Well, You obviously don't have much of a clue about the DNG format because it looks like crap until it is processed. So if you avoid processing it, you will end up with photos that look like shit. Good luck with getting a reply with your attitude.

Oh, BTW it is DNG, if you want a DNG viewer only, then the net is littered with them, try Google, it works.

2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Andrejs, as for me , I use the KUSO EXIF viewer. It is good.
2016-5-3
Use props
andrejs.zlobins
lvl.1
Latvia

Paladin, thank you very much, I will give it a try!
2016-5-3
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

andrejs.zlobins Posted at 2016-5-3 11:32
The point of shooting in DNG is that it is more lossless format compared to the JPEG.  And I know ve ...

I'm afraid Geebax is right.  You cannot view a DNG file without processing it through a RAW converter, which means you have no choice but to process every single one.  You may think you're not processing them, but really, your software is doing it, or you are only viewing the embedded jpg file from within the DNG file, which is a lot worse than the jpg files produced by the camera.

If you think you know better, then please elaborate, otherwise you owe Geebax an apology.
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules