Do we need to do any maintenance on our Phantom 3 Drones?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scschulte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159370 ft
United States

I was thinking how the motors on my Phantom 3 Standard must be doing a lot of work!  I may be flying 5 hours/week or more-- is there any maintenance that I need to do on the motors, the camera gimble or ???

I checked the web and some of the advise (like removing the shell) would seem to void the warranty and also not something that I would feel comfortable doing.  I guess I am thinking more basic things like with my RC Boat I put a drop of oil on the bearings every 3-4 trips.

It does not seem there is a need to oil a Phantom 3-- and I don't find much routine mechanical maintenance advise in the manual-- IMU and compass calibration / firmware updates-- yes, great-- but on the mechanical side-- just like to know if anything I should be doing.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Tuesday 3 May 2016

10:21
2016-5-3
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

As far as I know, there are no user-serviceable parts on the P3 other than the gimbal suspension rubbers that can split & the props.  The best you can hope to achieve as far as I know is to just check the condition of the aircraft & its moving parts.  Make sure the motors don't grind or feel rough, maybe check the temperature after each flight which might increase if there's a problem, check the props for damage/chips/cracks etc., check the shell for cracks, check all the screws are tight/present.

Also, check the RC for damage or loose screws or controls.
2016-5-3
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Light some candles, wash the shell gently, file any rough prop edges with a nicely oiled crystal nail file, have a fruity-bomb chianti, calibrate the batteries and check the voltages, then polish the fingerprints off the lens filters. He/She'll be good as new!

2016-5-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The motors are a marvel of simplicity, the only thing that needs attention are the ball bearings inside them and you cannot get access to them anyway.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, hope this could help you: 保养.JPG
2016-5-3
Use props
scschulte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159370 ft
United States

Thanks everyone!  Really appreciate it and it seems this is a low maintenance bird!  Great!!

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Wednesday 4 May 2016
2016-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules