Does DJI have a single operator solution for A3/LB2/M600?
1512 4 2016-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam
lvl.2
United States

As a single operator who's been an avid user of DJI products (A2, Zenmuse GH4, iOSD MKII, Ground Station etc), I am wondering if there is a plan in the future for DJI to allow the single operator to be able to simultaneously pan and tilt the gimbal (pan/tilt mixing) with the A3, M600 and/or Lightbridge 2?  Because the A3 requires the LightBridge 2 (iOSD MII not compatible with A3 so therefore no OSD w/o LB2) and the M600 has the LightBridge 2 integrated, all single operator pan/tilt mixing has been eliminated.

Why has DJI decided to abandon the single operator professional/enthusiast market?

This video below shows smooth pan/tilt mixing via levers and/or 3rd party joystick that is not available in the A3, M600 because the LightBridge 2 RC radio isn't capable (all DJI pro platforms going forward) on one radio (single-operator radio).
Single-Operator pan/tilt mixing scenes showing what LB2 isn't able to do on one radio: 0:12, 2:50, 4:15, 6:53

2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

Thanks for your concern and the nice video!
If there's any news, we would announce in our official website.
2016-5-4
Use props
adam
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-4 16:07
Thanks for your concern and the nice video!
If there's any news, we would announce in our official  ...

How is the professional single operator community supposed to move forward with DJI when you don't seem to give a damnn about our ability to continue to provide professional grade video!

This affects the following, typical single operator DJI clients:
- Wedding videography
- Residential real estate videography
- Commercial real estate videography
- Local advertising videography
- Local emergency assistance, search and rescue, fires, accidents  videography
- Local government event promotions and coverage

All the single operators that provide that type of aerial videography will be obsolescenced out of the  DJI aerial products platform if DJI doesn't continue with what HAS BEEN PROVIDED with the A2/Zenmuse/iOSD MKII capabilities.  Downgrading the gimbal control and therefore downgrading video quality is going to ruin our businesses or force us to other  aerial videography manufacturers!

I cannot believe DJI doesn't care about the single operator market and their clients!

I cannot believe this response from DJI!

2016-5-4
Use props
fansfce7a254
lvl.2

Botswana

adam@kalita.tv Posted at 2016-5-4 18:31
How is the professional single operator community supposed to move forward with DJI when you don't seem to give a damnn about our ability to continue to provide professional grade video!

This affects the following, typical single operator DJI clients:

I think you didn't get it yet, that the crippled system is intentionally done this way. I have the answer for you....once they get you as  a client they want to sell you more ground units. I know is an idiotic marketing strategy, but is real life. Put 2 controllers in a tray you will have the same functionality you just pay double, for a sight tweak in the software what they will never do.
2016-12-8
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

iOSD MII not compatible with A3

It is compatible I use it self
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules