Battery Fault
874 6 2015-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brett
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a battery that is about 5 months old, only chrged about 20 times, without warning the PT2 software now says "not dji intelligent battery", when inserted  the phantom turns on even though the battery is off  and when charging the charger light blinks red. To me it looks like a circuit has become faulty,  contacted the dealer in the UK who said the warrenty was only for 3 months, surly on a battery with what looks like a faulty part this cant be the case as well.

Any ideas to what is wrong with it.

2015-1-17
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hmmm, the Phantom turning on spontaneously when the battery is installed is not something you want to happen.  How many lights are showing when you push the button to test?  Are there any obvious bulges or signs of swelling?  Does the same thing happen with any other battery?

Sometimes a simple cleaning of the battery contacts to remove oxidation and verifying the movement of the spring contacts in the battery compartment will solve this problem.
Battery Box contacts.gif
2015-1-17
Use props
brett
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have three other batteries, they are all good, everything works fine,  checked contacts and all ok, also on the faulty battery when charging the red light flashes on the battery, it is about half charged at the moment, it will charge. No signs of swelling.

Yes turning on when inserted is not good.

2015-1-17
Use props
jenseser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same happened to my battery today after only 9 days in operations.. 2nd battery works fine, thus it's not the contacts.
Hope to get the broken battery replaced asap.
2015-1-19
Use props
jenseser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same happened to my battery today after only 9 days in operations.. 2nd battery works fine, thus it's not the contacts.

Hope to get the broken battery replaced asap.
2015-1-19
Use props
brett.email
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for that, I have been told out of warranty but its the electronics inside the battery, it would be good to get a clarification on 3 months covered.

2015-1-19
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

In this case it cant be because of the contacts since the bat. Itself shows abnormal behaviour
2015-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules