RC firmware 1.6.0 lowered my RC output from 24mw to 14mw (Glitch.??.)
18770 251 2016-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft
United States

yarik83 Posted at 2016-5-16 11:19
My phantom can do about 9-10 miles more or less. If I used 5200 mah battery and a 5200 mah split s ...

Hello there, I must tell you .. I think you nailed it .. and I know now what I suspected is true .. it is not a finger of blame .. it is just a fact .. nothing more .. nothing less .. thank you so much for you story (data) .. it has opened all our eyes to the truth .. and fact that we need real change from DJI to stop forcing us to fly their way .. just because we have their product line for our equipment .. safe flights...!!! ;-)
2016-5-15
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

yarik83 Posted at 2016-5-15 23:19
My phantom can do about 9-10 miles more or less. If I used 5200 mah battery and a 5200 mah split s ...

Morning Yarik,

Again, you may have to get to DJI for the other pieces and comments, but was trying to help based on my experiences.  When that warning about a need to update on the RC came up (at least on my RC and DJI Go App) it also listed that the Remote, the Aircraft and the Camera all needed to be upgraded (again if they're going to remain in synch).  We never have to upgrade (I waited quite a while before moving to 1.8), but once you go there part way, I think you have to go there all the way so everything is talking at the same level..  Again though, with the warning that an upgrade was needed should have come the list of additional updates.  As for the sequence, again, just repeating what others have said is successful here in the forum.
2016-5-16
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-16 07:27
Morning Yarik,

Again, you may have to get to DJI for the other pieces and comments, but was tryin ...

There IS a problem with the latest updates.  See info from flight Saturday at link.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 2&fromuid=44780
2016-5-16
Use props
Tintin007
lvl.1

Ecuador

Here is the place where I was having signal lost problem while trying to do a top map survey ... odd don't you think ... no problem k'MON

bye

A place with connection problems ... DUHHH

A place with connection problems ... DUHHH

2016-5-16
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

I have readed this topic, and I would aks: on what configuration You have problem?

on 1.8 bird and 1.6 radio or something other (i mean P3P)?
2016-5-16
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Tintin007 Posted at 2016-5-17 11:58
Here is the place where I was having signal lost problem while trying to do a top map survey ... odd ...

Tintin..

So where's the beach? (in the first picture you were standing by the shoreline)..  Is it at the bottom of this picture?  Odd that you lose it close, but are OK when distant (if I read the other post correctly).  I assume you tried to erase and reload the DJI Go app, reset and relink RC and Aircraft, things like that?  Looks like you had company in that other flight pic..  Some Sea Bird looked liked it was interested in what you were doing!  :-)
2016-5-17
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3

Tintin007 Posted at 2016-5-17 11:58
Here is the place where I was having signal lost problem while trying to do a top map survey ... odd ...

Hello there, thank you for sharing your story (data) .. we have been told over and over again that DJI has not added anything to the update that would reduce range.??. .. so if that is true it will be fixed in the next upgrade RIGHT .. because we can see in this thread something has infact changed .. via the shared stories (data) that DJI has said over and over again said .. it must be how the pilots are holding their RC .. have their antenna pointed .. in my case how I did my testing .. it must be my third party antenna that has worked perfectly before the upgrade to 1.6.0 on the RC and 1.8.80 on the bird .. our bench test found what had in fact changed in our case .. the output of the RC type A .. and I tryed to share that data with all .. of course there is that good stand by it is where you are.??. in your case so I must tell you and all reading this .. message #197 .. 201 summit it all up .. and hits the nail on the head .. as that user rings in with his story (data) using the same third party antenna I and the department use .. messages #197 .. 201 that are fact .. nothing more nothing less .. and do not point the finger of blame like messages #165 ..168.. 170 ..172 .. and 174 .. 175 .. 178 .. 181 .. 182 ..184 .. 186 .. just to list a few that show a definite pattern .. 174 the poster praises DJI for double posting a link to a video proving me or the test I posted about wrong with a completely different test as I stated in message #176 .. that has nothing to do with what the techs and I did .. and chastise me for double posting some links to share more stories (data) from another thread in message #184 .. when they did the same thing in message #184 duplicating a post I did in message #179 .. but they think we are just not able to see the pattern .. or like I said IMO in message # 176 to sum it up in my debrief on the data to that point .. again thank you for ringing in and telling your story (data) to help us build this necessary data base of truth .. truth will set us free...!!! ;-)
2016-5-17
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-17 15:35
I have readed this topic, and I would aks: on what configuration You have problem?

on 1.8 bird and  ...

Hello there, all birds and RCs are afected by upgrades and glitches from DJI .. but I must tell you .. this thread as evolved to a place to share or for posting your story (data) to build a data base of truth .. by telling YOUR story (sharing your data) on what has changed for you .. with the firmware upgrade from DJI .. 1.6.0 RC and bird 1.8.80 and your / our resolve .. YOU help build that database of truth .. nothing more .. nothing less .. thanks for ringing in with your story on what has changed for you...!!! ;-)
2016-5-17
Use props
Tintin007
lvl.1

Ecuador

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-17 02:35

on 1.8 bird and  ...

Here's what is telling my About

App: 2.8.1
Aircraft: 1.8.80
Remote Controller: 1.6.0
2016-5-17
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

I've made other tests about those weird transmission problem.  I catch it with the shadow in the field of view (Requiring to fly very low ... lol) but the effect is nice in my perspective.

ha ... and changed my username ... lol  don't be surprised
2016-5-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Marty Be Free ! Posted at 2016-5-18 06:19
I've made other tests about those weird transmission problem.  I catch it with the shadow in the fie ...

Thats weird. Something is definately going on. DJI should look into it... on 150m in open space it should work flawless.
... or they intentionally reduced transmission quality/range to make long range flight impossible.

In a any other case i would say a someone make a bug and it will be fixed, but we know DJI is known from pushing some dirty stealth updates.

... or maybe it is really just a bug. I have hope DJI fix it - power output seems to be correct - DJI palladin showed movie, but not only output power can lower the range or stability of transmision.
This is not a problem of one person. I see many topics on different forums and fb about signal quality reduction.
2016-5-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marty Be Free ! Posted at 2016-5-18 05:19
I've made other tests about those weird transmission problem.  I catch it with the shadow in the fie ...

Did you switch off VPS there ?
2016-5-18
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-18 03:47
Did you switch off VPS there ?

no why should I ?
2016-5-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just curious, I thought it may have had some effect flying so low, trying to stabilize the aircraft.
2016-5-18
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-18 10:28
Just curious, I thought it may have had some effect flying so low, trying to stabilize the aircraf ...

No, I confirm you that I've done it soooo many times to get High Speed shots and if you where looking at my remote control you would have seen signal drops at the same time.  P3P has no problem at all at flying low quick and steady, done it many time before because I pretty like this paticular effect and never disable the Vision Positionning System for that.  In fact it must help to stabilise because the VPS is mostly effective in low altitude and stop working in high altitude ... it's like the LASER sensor under our mouses .. lift the mouse and the sensor is loosing track.
2016-5-18
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a fundamental question here that I haven't seen in this thread yet.

Although the labelling of the quadcopter remains Phantom 3 Professional or Phantom 3 Advanced, there have been a number of changes to this product since it was introduced in May/June of last year.   Key items that come to my mind are the CSC board and the new motors.   Was there anything ELSE that was changed on the mainboard that potentially is having firmware updates causing different effects whether you have an 'old' Phantom 3 version the 'new' Phantom 3?

Can someone from DJI please verifiy that ALL firmware changes are being testing on ALL version changes of the Phantom 3 professional and Phantom 3 Advanced?
2016-5-18
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Seriously. Silent adding of NFZ, without any info, cracks, video lags years ago, CE/FCC gate and nowe we have rangegate.

Only in one case DJI confirmed issue and admited something is wrong - the cracks. In all other cases they are saying 'do not worry, everything is ok', but everyone know it is NOT ok.

I do not feel a need to fly my P3 anymore because of all of that. I lost my faith into it. P3 is lying in a bottom of wardrobe. I just even not like my p3 at now. I am getting more fun in flying parrot 2.0 or simple syma x12s. I am just tired of dji.
2016-5-18
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Marty Be Free ! Posted at 2016-5-18 12:19

So clearly if you're losing the signal that many times there's an issue.. Get the flight logs, get on the DJI site, start a case and provide them the info.. The reason has to be somewhere in the data files..  I flew two soccer field lengths 7 to 10 feet off the ground out and back straight as an arrow and without a blip... and on 1.8 aircraft, 1.6 RC and 2.81 on iPad Mini 2.. The telemetry data has to have some record of the transmission loss and erratic behavior..  There's an app I saw on one of the Drone forums that converts the .dat file into a format that can be plotted and linked to video (syched) that shows all the telemetry on screen (Windows app but runs under a virtual Windows on a Mac) .. Will find the thread and report..  Seemed pretty sophisticated (and was free to boot).  

Update:  Video of a run (mentioned above) from data on Youtube..

Application is Dashware (I'm sure some of heard of it?)..
Thread on Phantom Pilots site..

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... datconverter.66872/

Looks like it would recreate what happened during the flight..
2016-5-18
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

wow ... I want that ... too cool ... that may be helpfull for sure
2016-5-18
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Marty Be Free ! Posted at 2016-5-19 08:25
wow ... I want that ... too cool ... that may be helpfull for sure

Be interesting to see if you can recreate your flight..  Downloaded pieces but haven't learned it yet.
2016-5-18
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

This evening I've got a really strange experience.  I boot my tablet and it says Firmware must be update in your RC ... and it says that it would put the 1.6 version that I already have ..

So I let him do that, Reboot my RC and get a night flight just to see what append.
Hence night flight are always more easy on the signal because the sun is set, I was having no connection loss ... Like if every problem vanished.

May that be that the update wasn't done correctly at first ... ? let see how it goes tomorow, I'll try to do that shot that I can't just not do since I'm here because signal there is always poor... I'll keep you in touch folks
Crossing my fingers
2016-5-18
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

You should have a f/w file on the RC. Please download it and put on forum, and it will be good if someone else will download a update file from temp files, without connection to the internet. Then we can compare both  1.6 files.

2016-5-18
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

Marty Be Free ! Posted at 2016-5-18 20:23
This evening I've got a really strange experience.  I boot my tablet and it says Firmware must be up ...

For the record ... this Firmware "re" update had not make anything better ... today, same problems flying at 20 meters with a lot of connection loss ... If I would guess ... I would say hat "IF" they had lower the power output of thos RC, they should have replaced it by a complicated algorythm in terms of "phasing" both antenna to be able to do the long range, sacrifying the short range bat that is just guessing ... I was once doing this in RF radio transmission signal and that makes short range connection impossible but long range connection crisp and clear .. as soon as everything is in phase so it's a bit tricky with a thing that is moving like a drone so that would explain such bizare behaviors  but again ... just guessing
2016-5-19
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-19 02:37
You should have a f/w file on the RC. Please download it and put on forum, and it will be good if so ...

I don't understand what you want ... the file is either coming from my DJI GO App from "firware update process" or I once done it manualy via the downloadable file on the DJI Website .. but in your message you seems to ask for me to "Download the file FROM the the RC" ... how did I do that ?
2016-5-19
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-19 15:37
You should have a f/w file on the RC. Please download it and put on forum, and it will be good if so ...

The firmware on the RC comes down over the internet and installed directly to the RC via the App.  I don't know of any way to extract the file and not sure what good that would do?  How would you compare files?
2016-5-19
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Marty Be Free ! Posted at 2016-5-20 00:36
For the record ... this Firmware "re" update had not make anything better ... today, same problems ...

Highly recommend your getting the .dat files of these flights from the flight log.  I'm not talking about the less detailed flight text files but the very detailed flight data recorder files that can only be gotten by hooking the aircraft to a computer (Windows seems to work much easier for this one) via the front USB port (under the silver or gold name badge) and activating the retrieval process in the DJI Go app.  Once you have those you can supply to DJI..  Doesn't not make sense that you can cannot fine at a distance but fail when close..  I am having no issues, short, long, high, low, etc.. all with the latest firmware..
2016-5-19
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

File is downloaded from the internet to temp location and you can download it or swap to previous if you have one (change name or something like that). However i forgot where was that - i found a guide on phantompilots forum, and i have done this procedure once. I will link it when i find it again.
2016-5-19
Use props
Columbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436686 ft
United Kingdom

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-19 21:43
File is downloaded from the internet to temp location and you can download it or swap to previous if ...

To change your software on the DJI Go app, open the DJI Go app (you might have to have your app connected to the Phantom). When the app opens tap and hold the Academy button top right hand corner for at least 10 secs. When released you should have current software page displayed. From here you should/might be able to revert to an earlier version of the app.

2016-5-19
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Columbo Posted at 2016-5-19 23:43
To change your software on the DJI Go app, open the DJI Go app (you might have to have your app co ...

The way i have done it, was swapping f/w on temp in app or usb on rc. Really i forgot how i have i done it. I will try to find it again on phantom forums. Folks was able to downgrade more than one version down.
2016-5-20
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

Columbo Posted at 2016-5-19 16:43
To change your software on the DJI Go app, open the DJI Go app (you might have to have your app co ...

That is awesome ... how did you discover that ?
It's not writen anywhere I know of
2016-5-21
Use props
ramseyc
lvl.1

United States

I too have noticed a range issue. Flying today to look at a beaver dam. Never had a problem before. Thought something  was interfering with my signal.
2016-5-21
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Have You tried re-link a bird with RC?
2016-5-22
Use props
Columbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436686 ft
United Kingdom

Marty Be Free ! Posted at 2016-5-22 01:15
That is awesome ... how did you discover that ?
It's not writen anywhere I know of

Thanks for the kind words, saw this when scanning the DJI site can't exactly remember where though. Useful to know though.
2016-5-22
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-20 04:43
File is downloaded from the internet to temp location and you can download it or swap to previous if ...

I'd be interested as well as where you found that info..  As far as I know it is a direct download an installation on the RC (there may be an intervening temp file, but know of no way to get to it)..  Best way was to hold down the Academy button and find the one you want when the list appears.
2016-5-22
Use props
mikeandaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8577454 ft
United States

mdazel Posted at 2016-5-3 22:22
in line RF meter / reader connected between the RC board output jack and antenna each output tested ...

Did you use the 30 DB attenuator that goes with that meter? It doesn't show the attenuator attached. Also, to use that power meter properly, depending on the attenuator, you will have to enter  the atennuator values of the attenuator you've used.  

Power Meter

Power Meter
2016-5-22
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3

mikeandaya@hotm Posted at 2016-5-23 07:09
Did you use the 30 DB attenuator that goes with that meter? It doesn't show the attenuator attached ...

Hello there, if you have a story (data) to share PLEASE do .. check .. message #167...!!! ;-)
2016-5-22
Use props
Marty Be Free !
lvl.1

Ecuador

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-22 04:27
Have You tried re-link a bird with RC?

Yes already try that
2016-5-22
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Hmm it sounds to be connected with " Improved encryption to enchance security during transmission...." - it is from 1.8 changelog.
They changed something.
2016-5-23
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-5-23 20:31
Hmm it sounds to be connected with " Improved encryption to enchance security during transmission... ...

Hello there, thanks for ringing in .. bingo .. do you have story (data) to share.??. ...!!! ;-)
2016-5-28
Use props
nemisusdm
lvl.1

United States

Mr.buGSy Posted at 2016-5-7 19:44
Hi mdazel,
I apologize, of course you're right. I was just to frustrated with the foggy answers we ...

555.1m reduction in total distance.
2016-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules