PC Ground Station/Datalink 900/Zenmuse Z15 - Shutter Channel Map
2640 4 2015-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hmarnold
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

Can anyone point me to where I can learn how to get the shutter to work in PC Ground Station?

It works fine with my A6000 through the Futaba/Lightbridge/Zenmuse in manual flight, but I can't find where to map it to something recognized by the PC ground station.

I think I need to find a way to map a channel though the Datalink 900 signal to the "GP Servo" or "F Channel Servo" that then goes through the Zenmuse, but I can't find where to set this up

Any assistance appreciated.
2015-1-17
Use props
hmarnold.email
lvl.4
United States

It turns out that if you hook up the F2 Channel on the A2 into the SHUT port on the Zenmuse, the PC ground Station can control the shutter.

The reason I couldn't figure it out is that there doesn't seem to be a way to test it with the PC Ground Station without actually flying a mission.

Right now the missions only take pictures at the waypoints, not along the grid legs, but hopefully that is something I can figure out
2015-1-27
Use props
HMArnold
lvl.4
United States

After further testing over several weeks, including numerous requests to DJI both in Email and in the CONTROLLERS forum, I still can't get the images to activate at the correct locations.

Using the Photogammetry tool I can define missions that have multiple action points that show up as green triangles on the screen as the drone flies along, but the only time the camera activates is at the end of each leg, basically just the waypoints, not the action points.

If I plug the SHUT signal back into the SBus controller that causes the camera to work normally for manual flights, no images at all are taken for autonomous missions. If I then plug the output of the A2 F2 port back into the SHUT port on the Zenmuse, autonomous missions begin to take images at the waypoints again.

This leads me to believe that the A2 has the ability to control the shutter through the F2 port, so the problem isn't electrical.

On the CONTROLLERS forum I asked if anyone had ever been able to get the A2/Lightbridge/IOSD MK II/900 Mhz Datalink/Zenmuse gimbal to work, and after one week so far there have been no responses.

The only response from DJI so far was to point me to the manual to get action points, without taking the time to note that I already have action points.

At this point I don't think this capability is possible, which makes all DJI products that use an A2 controller useless for commercial orthographic imaging applications.

On the non-DJI forums there are a number of people that say they have been down this road and finally given up, and either swapped controllers or got away from DJI altogether for commercial applications.

2015-2-17
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh wow!.  So in other words their current implementation does not work for photogrammetry ?
Or has this been fixed? I am glad I found this thread.
2015-6-5
Use props
HMArnold.msn
lvl.4
United States

No, it turns out the Photogrammetry function on the PC Ground Station works fine now.

There are so many posts with people having problems, that I didn't remember to come back and mark this one when I finally got everything working.

With the release of the A2 Firmware upgrade a few weeks ago, all the required pieces are now in place.

It's just that there are a BUNCH of things that don't make sense in the settings/definitions, and there is no assistance whatsoever from DJI.

I can now regularly fly missions of 18 minutes using 15000mah battery on a S1000+, covering about 40 acres per flight at 100 meters, then go back home, download the images from the camera and the flight information from the A2/IOSD, then stitch the images together into a single mosaic image using Agisoft.

At first I thought the Photogrammetry camera definitions were silly because of the requirement that you measure the sensor on your camera, but I have since learned that if you do that, the overlap values work out quite nicely for any altitude you choose.

I have an S1000+, A2, Lightbridge, IOSD Mk II, DataLink 900 MHz, Zenmuse Z15 gimbal and use a Sony A6000 camera with a 50 mm lens.

My system works after months of trial and error, and I'll do whatever I can to assist anyone trying to get things set up for photogrammetry

HMArnold@msn.com
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules