Traveling
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cujoAir
lvl.1

Hey Guys, gonna be traveling to a different country (I'm from USA) this summer and will be taking my drone for the first time. Any advice on how to travel with or any rules I should be aware of.

i.e. carry on or check batterries and drone?

thanks so much
2016-5-3
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do your homework to learn about the rules in your destination country.
Check your airline's website for their requirements for carrying lithium batteries.
Your batteries must be in your carry-on and not in checked luggage.
2016-5-3
Use props
davidathomas42
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had a 1 hour hassle at security in the UK with Ryanair because it told the woman at security it was a drone in the case. I should have just said camera and left out the flying part. She said there banned on airlines. What she meant was hoverboards. But in her little world of a bit of power she God carried away. I stood my ground though as I know there not and been an ex captain for Ryanair I know the dangerous goods manual better than her. The main point you need to be aware in order to tell them to do one is the size of the battery. On the hoverboards there big heavy ones as they are for moving people. On the drones there not much bigger than a decent SLR camera really. As long as there packed sepeatly with there terminals protected and in carry on your good to go. As I say watch out for little hitlers and stand your ground with them. And give yourself extra time for it.
2016-5-3
Use props
davidathomas42
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sorry for poor grammar. Hard to edit mistake writing on the iPhone app
2016-5-3
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

We just wrote this article about traveling with your Phantom
Short version: what labroides said. Don't forget your RC has a lipo inside as well so carry that on too.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

One tip for carrying the battery onto the airplane: 电池上飞机.JPG
2016-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules