Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD Card Problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robert.p.johnso
New

Sweden

5 day old drone, number of problems that ive learned to fix and understand but this on is totally confusing me.

just want to say that im pretty confidiant with sd cards owning to much equipment that relise on it, including gopro, zoom mics and canon cameras. so i thought i knew enough but this one has had me going crazy.

The drone is up to date.
when I record with the drone i sometimes come back and they are files missing.
i have done everything, left the sd in the drone for up to 2 mins after i have stopped recording. one time i had film in two clips in 1 flight so when i went to look at them it was only 1 file and it was missing a short file of 5 mins that was not so important but i had seen here that if you place the card back in the drone it might recover it,so i put it back in and it did deleted everything from the sd card before i had chance to transfer it.
is there a step by step on that process? if you turn the drone off and on again does that mess up the recover file process?
they are a few things i want to know:
what is the format of the sd card that goes into the drone? ex-fat, ms-fat....
i wish to reset the 8gb card that came with, also i have a 16gb (same make and speed as the freebie) witch has been in a gopro it whole life doesnt seem to like the like just yet so what to factory reset it for the p3
what can you do by putting the usb cable into the gimbal and does that usb slot work?

my main problem is that sd card, just want a bit more secuirty when im out recording something that i dont have to use the 240p that records to the phone haha
thankyou in advanced,

2016-5-3
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

You might try reformatting the card on a regular basis after you copy the files you want off of it.   You could also try running chkdsk.exe /f from a command prompt on the card.  You can plug a usb cable into the camera and the other end into your computer and it will be just like a usb drive that you can access to copy,  delete,  format,  etc.  But regular formats will help keep the card in good shape and can alert you to impending failure.  If the card is difficult to format,  or will not format,  get a new card.  They are pretty cheap these days.    Kind of amazing,  really.  I remember paying $150.00 for 1 Megabyte of RAM back in the old days.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Hello Robert, when you use cards of 32GB or smaller capacity, it is recommended to format it into FAT32 with 32KB unit.Besides, in your case, I'd suggest you to try different sd cards because it looks like the card you use has some problems.
2016-5-4
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 07:13
Hello Robert, when you use cards of 32GB or smaller capacity, it is recommended to format it into FA ...

I Paladin. I'm having trouble with a san disk pro extreme 64 GB card I just bought. With the factory card, everything seemed fine, but with my new card it lags every time i take a photo/video. Do you know what might cause this? How do you properly format an SD card? In the app i go to the camera setting and click format SD. Are there more steps to be taken than this?
2016-5-4
Use props
robert.p.johnso
New

Sweden

ok so i have fixed this problem (i think)
went around to figure out what the format should be for the sd carry files over 4gb. i have a 16gb and the 8gb that comes with the device. (this is also written in the spec for the dji phantom 3 on the website but on a phone it was pretty hard to find the specs, all i found was overviews.
yes you need to figure out how to format the card on the laptop first to fat32 or on a mac it is called exfat! that was my problem i had to know which one was fat32 for mac haha. once i formatted the card put into the drone and formatted there it seemed to work fine
my other problem may have came from putting the micro into a gopro hero 3 to do the file transfer (dont know why) i also was using a sd card adpater which i am not using anymore i just use a usb adapter in the micro slot.
(tj i guess the card is a speed 10... so i think maybe you should follow the steps i took it and should work. or is your lag shown on the phone/tablet?)
2016-5-4
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

robert.p.johnso Posted at 2016-5-4 10:25
went around to figure out what the format should be for t ...

Sorry for being a complete noob, but how do you format an sd card on your computer? And yes, it lags on my phone. I'll push the shutter button, and the line will go around the circle a few times (like it's loading)
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

TJ10 Posted at 2016-5-4 22:49
Sorry for being a complete noob, but how do you format an sd card on your computer? And yes, it la ...

To format the SD card in the computer, insert into a SD card reader then put it in your computer. It will see the drive, then right clock and chose format.
Also, what mode are you shooting in, if your using HDR then it may take a few seconds to process anyways.
Chose single shot and see if still lags or is instantly ready for another photo.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

TJ10 Posted at 2016-5-4 21:34
I Paladin. I'm having trouble with a san disk pro extreme 64 GB card I just bought. With the facto ...

For 64GB cards, it is necessary to format it into exFAT. Besides, timing is really important but it is not able to be found on the card's packaging.What's more, the card's quality is also very important. Here are 3 recommended cards with good compatibility:
1)        Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I ;
2)        Panasonic 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 ;
3)        Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3
2016-5-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TJ10 Posted at 2016-5-4 23:34
I Paladin. I'm having trouble with a san disk pro extreme 64 GB card I just bought. With the facto ...

It is always best to format the card in the aircraft using the Go App, much easier than on a computer, because the aircraft always knows what format it wants to use. It also sets up the necessary files and directories that the aircraft uses.
2016-5-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

robert.p.johnso Posted at 2016-5-5 00:25
went around to figure out what the format should be for t ...

'my other problem may have came from putting the micro into a gopro hero 3 to do the file transfer (dont know why)'

When you put the card into a GoPro, it decides the file structure on the card is wrong, which it is for the GoPro, and it writes new directories onto the card.
2016-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules