No Video Feed on Galaxy Note 8.0
4252 18 2016-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lapicoa
lvl.1

Australia

Hey everyone,

I just got my Phantom 4, but when i use my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 with DJI Go I dont get a video feed displayed on the tablet (just black).
I can still controll the aircraft and the UI settings etc... and Im getting full signal. I have also tried unistalling and re-installing the app twice and updating the controler and drones Firmware.

For now im just using my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus which runs everything Fine, I just would like having a larger screen as the video feed.

Galaxy Note 8.0 Specs:
Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.4 (KitKat)
Exynos 4412 Quad
Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9
GPU
RAM
Mali-400MP4
2GB

Any Suggestions?
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Hello lapicoa, please make sure both USB debugging mode and MTP mode have been enable in your samsung tablet.
2016-5-4
Use props
Adroso
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 21:00
Hello lapicoa, please make sure both USB debugging mode and MTP mode have been enable in your samsun ...

Hey Paladin,
I have enabled debugging mode in developer options and MTP is enabled when connected. And still no image.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
China

Adroso Posted at 2016-5-4 19:12
Hey Paladin,
I have enabled debugging mode in developer options and MTP is enabled when connected. ...

Does the app show "Disconnected" or "No signal"? Have you killed the other apps in the background?
2016-5-4
Use props
Adroso
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 21:14
Does the app show "Disconnected" or "No signal"? Have you killed the other apps in the background?

Its "Safe To Fly" and yes DJI Go is the only App running.
The signal strength of the controller and Video feed are also at full bars.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
China

Adroso Posted at 2016-5-4 19:20
Its "Safe To Fly" and yes DJI Go is the only App running.
The signal strength of the controller an ...

Did you try to switch the camera mode to Auto?
2016-5-4
Use props
Adroso
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 21:27
Did you try to switch the camera mode to Auto?

Image Transmission is in Auto,
I also just tried custom with different channels and quality feeds, but there's still no feed.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
China

Adroso Posted at 2016-5-4 19:32
I also just tried custom with different channels and quality feeds ...

It seems like the compatibility of your Note 8 is not so good .Also, I'd suggest you to check whether there are any plug-ins or Apps which may have some influence on the DJI GO
2016-5-4
Use props
radioflyerrick
New

For some reason I am not getting a video feed on my galaxy note 8.0 Model Number GT-N5100 with the Andriod 4.4.2, everything seems to work but no video feed? But it does work on my Galaxy tab. SM-T330nu and it works, but the video feed is very choppy when flying in first person view, also the P4 seems to loose contact with the pad too, so the pic will freeze then connect again? is anyone else having this issue? it happens on my iPhone 6S Plus too.. not as bad though.. But I figured the P4 would work better with the LightBridge.. But it looses contact with it a lot.. One last thing, what tablet would work the best with the P4?
2016-6-18
Use props
ArcticM39
lvl.2

United States

Some of these older tablets do not work well with the P3 or P4. The video will be choppy to the point of being unusable.
Ipad Air 2, the Nvidia Shield, or the newer model tablets do work much better.
2016-6-18
Use props
izwan_muhari
New

Malaysia

Hi,
I got mavic & use dji go 4 app in my samsung note 8.0 (GT-N5100)..everything works fine except video feed does not display on my tablet.Fyi,i had activate debugging function n choose mtp function..please anyone help me..
2017-6-13
Use props
izwan_muhari
New

Malaysia

Adroso Posted at 2016-5-4 03:32
I also just tried custom with different channels and quality feeds, but there's still no feed.

Hi mate..does the problem solve?mine got same problem..samsung note 8.0
2017-6-13
Use props
BadZ28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15965 ft
United States

izwan_muhari Posted at 2017-6-13 15:38
Hi mate..does the problem solve?mine got same problem..samsung note 8.0

Note 8 does not work, I bought one last year when I bought my P4, same problem, not compatible. Sold it and bought a ipad mini, works fine. DJI told me it's not on the list and won't work.
2017-6-18
Use props
Riku02
New
Finland

i have same problem but me it says rc disconnected and i can still fly with controller but cant see image or change options my phone is honor 8 it worked before but then when i chanhed my battery on my phantom 4 it didnt work after that and i forgot to do an firmfare update. can you help me
2017-6-23
Use props
fans1d202650
New

Singapore

Hi!
Samsung Note 8 Andriod 7.1.1 has issue to be detected by OSMO Mobile. Anyone could advice? Thank you.
2017-9-21
Use props
fans1d202650
New

Singapore

I meant connecting via DJI Go. Tks
2017-9-21
Use props
Hypnodrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161024 ft
Singapore

I have just got myself a Samsung Note 8 for a week and had to use it with my MP. Upon connecting it the first time I could get everything to run as normally expected, The RC works and video fee was also working fine. However the very next day I was in for a disappoint because when I set up the MP with the Note 8  I have a 'Disconnected" issue the camera gimbal can be operated from the RC button however this time no video feed at all. Anyone has found a way to overcome this "Disconnected" issue please share.

Charlie
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hypnodrone Posted at 2017-11-20 15:01
I have just got myself a Samsung Note 8 for a week and had to use it with my MP. Upon connecting it the first time I could get everything to run as normally expected, The RC works and video fee was also working fine. However the very next day I was in for a disappoint because when I set up the MP with the Note 8  I have a 'Disconnected" issue the camera gimbal can be operated from the RC button however this time no video feed at all. Anyone has found a way to overcome this "Disconnected" issue please share.

Charlie

Are you using the original USB cable of your Note 8? Please check the Developer Option of your phone.
2017-11-21
Use props
SLaU
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 03:14

Bom dia, espero que todos estejam bem, eu também estou tendo problemas de compatibilidade com o note 8 e o drone, procurei em vários forúns e não achei nenhuma resposta gostaria de saber se será possível eu utilizar o Note 8 se eu abaixar o android para o 7.1 cujo oque que está instalado é o 8.1, o mais estranho que eu minha esposa tem o Motorola One que o android é 9.1 e funciona perfeitamente, eu desconfio que a DJI bloqueou o uso desse aparelho pelo fato da tela ser de alta qualidade e perder vendas do Phantom 4 PRO PLUS, pelo fato da tela do Sansung Galaxy Note 8 (Celular) ser muito nítida, porque não ha explicação cabível se os outros celulares da linha S por exemplo os Sansung S7 S8 S9 funcionam perfeitamente e o Note 8 não funciona qual é a questão que ele tem esse problema ?

Aguardo Ansiosamente para usar o meu Galaxy Note 8 (Celular)
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules