Want to buy a Droid specifically for Osmo
963 2 2016-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ned
lvl.2

United States

As many of you are, I am a freelancer and live by my phone booking gigs, etc. I do not want to dedicate my Droid as an EVF for the Osmo during shoot days. I asked at Best Buy and they sell older model new smartphones starting at $30 and you don't need a data plan. When I explained that I need to use it via wifi with a DJI Osmo they warned me that some of the older phones may not have the correct, latest firmware to connect via wifi and from the reviews the wifi connection seems to be a recurring problem with some users.

Anyone here know what I should look at on the Best Buy phone's settings to make sure it will work with the Osmo? I see on their spec sheet:

2.412-2.462 GHz; 5.180-5.805 GHz

but could not find a firmware version number. I prefer Droid to an iPhone.

Thanks!

2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

Hi,
Please be noticed the following recommended mobile devices for the DJI GO App. For your reference, you may wanna have a look at the specification of following recommended devices.

iOS Version v2.8.0.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-5-4
Use props
ned
lvl.2

United States

Thank you Adela!
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules