1073 6 2016-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi just updated to the latest firmware today inspire pro + updated the RC. However when I went out for a test just after take off the landing gear auto dropped and the craft hastily started defending to land in a field of crops I was filming. Luckily I managed to fly it back before it completed the auto landing BUT why did it do this? The battery was at 60% and it was only a short flight... Maybe 5m.
I powered down & tried with another battery. Same thing but this time it did it in the middle of the field with little warning. It said critical battery voltage. Even though it's all in the green in the app & started to auto land. I had to try very hard to fly it back out the field to land.

Is there known problems with this firmware?
My batteries are pretty new so shouldn't have any issues. I shall try a full charge & fly again tomorrow.
Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

image.png

2016-5-4
Use props
Peter Silver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Never fly without the batteries fully charged.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Always start with the fully charged battery.You also can perform the discharge cycle. First discharge your battery to 5% and fully charge it again.
2016-5-5
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I get 12.5 minutes per battery and always land at 30%, which is considered the 'safe' approach. Your 5 minutes represents 40% of a flight and you took off with your battery at 60%. The I1 did you a favor in my opinion. Had you continued, things might not have ended so well.
2016-5-5
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah it's 5 meters not 5 minutes. I knew the batteries were low hence only intending to fly 5 meters to test the firmware then land. I've spent today trying to discharge all the batteries manually with out flying given the above issue & have recharged them so will try it again tomo & report back.
I've also been looking at different logging apps.

The best seems to be dronelogbook & https://healthydrones.com the latter can actually give very detailed info from the log files including battery health etc. Pretty cool.

2016-5-5
Use props
Stephen Marley
lvl.2

Australia

dopeytree Posted at 2016-5-6 08:05
Ah it's 5 meters not 5 minutes. I knew the batteries were low hence only intending to fly 5 meters t ...

Have you uploaded the flight log onto healthy drones to see what happened ???
2016-5-6
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

recharged the batteries and all fine now.
2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules