The next firmware update for the P4!?!?
1542 8 2016-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

It's been a while now since the last update. when can we expect a new firmware update and what improvements can we expect for the Phantom 4?
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi projeffrey11! I'll post a release note a here on a forum as soon as the new firmware comes out
2016-5-4
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's been less than a month since the last FW update, how often are they normally released?
2016-5-5
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Advocate Posted at 2016-5-5 22:28
It's been less than a month since the last FW update, how often are they normally released?

Hi Advocate

I may be wrong, but I don't think DJI have a regular code release train/window.

A lot of companies release code either when a major bug needs to be quashed, a number of bugs have been fixed or on release of major functionality. So it's not always possible to accurately forecast how often a fw is released.

Whilst all the above/irregular fw release is normal practise, majority of the releases are always accompanied by detailed release notes that list exactly what has been fixed, changed, removed and known issues including workarounds. That is the practise followed by professional development groups and individuals.

Unfortunately I have never seen detailed release notes accompanying any FW release from DJI. I sincerely hope they change that for the better.

As a growing company playing with the big boys and forming partners with the likes of Apple, they will sooner or later need to have a robust and tightly controlled Dev, Test and Release cycle. It would greatly benefit them and end users if they did it sooner rather then later. I look forward to that day.
2016-5-5
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-5 00:55
Hi projeffrey11! I'll post a release note a here on a forum as soon as the new firmware comes out

Thank you.
2016-5-5
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

Advocate Posted at 2016-5-5 05:28

Not sure but at one point I believe it was ever two weeks or so.
2016-5-5
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow that's quite quick, do they often add new features or is it always bug fixes?
2016-5-5
Use props
per6
New

Denmark

I have just updated my P4 with latest FW and now I cannot get in contact with the drone;-((
Any help or do I need to send it in to the repairshop?
Only had it for 2 days and with one flight!

2016-7-23
Use props
jtapex1
New

United States

Try updating using your computer and the dji assistant, rather than using the app.
2016-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules