Can you fly phantom 4 without app/device?
26922 45 2016-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-5-5 11:30
I believe you are mistaken about seeing videos of people flying without some sort of monitoring device. Why would you want to? You'd have no idea about the drone's status. Is there anything "off" with it? your battery levels, etc. Not a good idea, even if it is possible.

Not trying to be mean either......But that would be the Dumbest Thing you could do with a $1,500 Drone!!! I've been Flying over 50 yrs.... And I wouldn't do it for Anything!!!!!
2019-11-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

P4PCommander Posted at 11-13 15:38
Not trying to be mean either......But that would be the Dumbest Thing you could do with a $1,500 Drone!!! I've been Flying over 50 yrs.... And I wouldn't do it for Anything!!!!!

Not trying to be mean either......But that would be the Dumbest Thing you could do ..
A bit like replying to posts that are 3.5 years old??
2019-11-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

This thread contains numerous rebirth posts.

It has arisen again, like a Holy Ghost...

RedHotPoker
2019-11-13
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

Not the first or last thread to get resurrected .........

Having been in a discussion online with another forum - I actually tested my P3P without Display ... just the AC + RC. The FW kicked in its default failsafe of 50m radius and 50m altitude - it just stopped !! All I could do was fly back to me or to the side ... . Sadly I misjudged the distance to a tree that I thought I would be clear of - but hit it and ended up with a 300 euro repair bill.

Video is on my YT channel.

Point is though - the model would not fly outside that 50m limit ... and I assume the P4 series and others will do similar ?

Is there any real point to purposely flying without screen ? With a DJI - none that I can think of as its a camera platform ... not an aerobatic multi-rotor.

People mention failure of screen / APP while flying ... had that - got the T shirt ... you can just hover and restart screen / app or just hit the controller RTH ... nothing hard about it ... just don't panic !
2019-11-14
Use props
darrell4
New

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-23 12:18
I agree on the auto stuff, tested when new to see them work
then no more..

Oh hell yeah.i think half the fun of flying drones is fixing/rebuilding them AFTER ya crash. Take 'em apart and put'em back together..with a few mods.
1-18 23:58
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

darrell4 Posted at 1-18 23:58
Oh hell yeah.i think half the fun of flying drones is fixing/rebuilding them AFTER ya crash. Take 'em apart and put'em back together..with a few mods.

Parts are becoming more difficult to find as the drones are aging.  You have to be careful with the drones.  I know there are some parts yet that there are plenty parts yet available, but things for the gimbal and camera.  I know I still find the landing gear out there, but still I have to be ultra careful with the drone.  I almost want to reserve it for when I fly it in fields without trees.  When I am doing mapping for farmers.  I will fly my Air2S for everything else.
1-21 08:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules