Packaging not as expected
1282 13 2016-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, new P4 owner! Apologies if this is a silly question, but having watched the dji unboxing tutorials and having read a few threads on this forum, I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not.

I have just received the P4, and upon opening the box, there was no protective sticker on the poly case. Additionally there were no protective stickers on any of the sensors nor on the camera lens.

I haven't had chance to fly the thing yet, but should I be concerned about these things? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
2016-5-5
Use props
markhowerton1
lvl.2
United States

I read in another thread people are getting them both with and without.

Mark
2016-5-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same experience about 10 days ago. So far I have found no problems. Not had much flying time, but functionally all looks as brand new and working well. Happy with gimbal although very, very  slight scratching noise (Ribbon cable) that in no way affects the operation of the gimbal. Horizon 100% , yet to prove but video gained so far looks fine. Likewise with drop after fast forward & stop, not yet proven, but observation suggests that it might be minimal. All calibrations completed before 1st flight .
2016-5-5
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

That's good to hear, I've just got in from work and switched it all on, no FW update required, controller connected to phantom first time. The horizon appears horizontal, slight squeak on start up. Likewise the rest of it all looks new, hopefully with the good weather in the uk at the min I will take it out for a flight tomorrow.
2016-5-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-6 08:44
That's good to hear, I've just got in from work and switched it all on, no FW update required, contr ...

Then after reading the manual and watching the tutorials, go out and fly it. Don't try to update the firmware until you know your aircraft better. Lots of people immediately try to update the firmware and get themselves into all sorts of bother. It will fly just fine out of the box.

2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello James, welcome to the forum and don't worry about that. Here are some safety tips for you :https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNqoF71lWL0ZCztUE9JaFK8
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies, Geebax and Paladin, I have spent all week watching the tutorials and reading the manual, but i gave them another going over last night, so hoping for a smooth first flight later today!!
Edit: Well thats not going to happen, as the unit is now returning a Camera Sensor Error. Contacted online support who simply said sorry you have a problem email EU Support, which i have now done. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from DJI on these sorts of things?

I cant believe I've spent £1300 and 3 weeks waiting, only to get stuck with a faulty item. The weather was amazing today too
2016-5-6
Use props
andynewson01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62100 ft
United Kingdom

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-6 11:22
Thanks for the replies, Geebax and Paladin, I have spent all week watching the tutorials and reading ...

Hi James andy here from Ipswich suffolk i received same message on mine i am now waiting for  number 4 to arrive on Monday wherd did you buy yours from mate mind from apple who havd been fantastic
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

andynewson01 Posted at 2016-5-6 21:30
Hi James andy here from Ipswich suffolk i received same message on mine i am now waiting for  numb ...

Hi Andy, im over in Oxfordshire i really wish i had used Apple, i do for everything else, but i was foolishly drawn in with a deal which included an extra battery and a bag from Drones Direct. Im kicking myself now because i am now going to have to go through the ordeal of paying to return this faulty item (which wasnt cheap) and from what i am now gathering from the forum, there is no guarantee that the next one will work either!!!

Are you not losing the will to live after 4 of them?
2016-5-6
Use props
Markylad
New

United Kingdom

I recently bought the phantom 3 advanced from spencermann and my instruction were all in Chinese (or something similair) as well as the stickers on each of the motors were also in foreign language. The adaptor was an English one. Has this happened to anyone else in the UK.
2016-5-6
Use props
andynewson01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-6 22:35
Hi Andy, im over in Oxfordshire i really wish i had used Apple, i do for everything else, but i wa ...

Hello mate why are you paying postage you
have a money back guarantee hit them with
trade and standards Apple can not believe this is still happening its gone to top level and i can say  they have all been fantastic let me know how you get on mate .
2016-5-7
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

andynewson01 Posted at 2016-5-7 21:54
Hello mate why are you paying postage you
have a money back guarantee hit them with
trade and st ...

To be honest that was me just assuming that i would have to pay to post it back, i havent actually had a response back from the retailer or dji support yet as its the weekend and both customer service returns depts are mon-fri. I have since educated myself on the consumer rights acts and like you said its not something i should be paying for.

I was really looking forward to starting this new hobby and combined with the long wait i had to actually get it in the first place, this has tarnished my enthusiasm.
2016-5-7
Use props
andynewson01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-7 22:05
To be honest that was me just assuming that i would have to pay to post it back, i havent actually ...

Hi ya James
I know its frustrating but if they can get it sorted it is worth it just to be able to view what is below  you from 400 plus feet is amazing.  Answer to your question mate is why i have been patient its not apple's fault well maybe they should not sent the last one out but hopefully tomorrow will be a good day and the new one will be new hold in there mate
2016-5-8
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

andynewson01 Posted at 2016-5-8 12:13
Hi ya James
I know its frustrating but if they can get it sorted it is worth it just to be able t ...

Well after a painful week and a half wait, Drones Direct are sending me a new P4 to replace my faulty one. I'm looking forward to seeing wait delights await me with this one, its a shames the camera sensor was faulty on the last one, as everything worked fine!
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules