Camera Sensor Error
1785 23 2016-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So after waiting more than 3 weeks to get my P4, I finally get my hands on it. Weather is epic so get everything ready to go for my first flight, and the unit is returning a Camera Sensor error!!! Im guessing this is going to be a royal pain!
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I forgot to ask, is there anything i can do about this problem myself? has anyone suffered this issue and resolved it?
2016-5-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-6 08:23
I forgot to ask, is there anything i can do about this problem myself? has anyone suffered this issu ...

can you be a little more specific on the error?   try to take a screen shot off the error.   

guessing you updated all your firmware because you said getting everything ready for your first flight.  just had to ask anyway.   is the error present after restarting everything?  
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing this.
Power it on/off a few times. Also, in the about page what firmware version does it have?
If it tells you to update then update the aircraft then RC and see if you still get camera sensor error. If so then you may need to contact support http://www.dji.com/support
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-6 17:26
Power it on/off a few times. Also, in the about page what firmw ...

Thanks DJI-Ken and quickpoint for your replies. The error simply says "Camera Sensor Error" its in the aircraft status window.

I didnt update the firmware it came shipped with
Aircraft : 01.01.0301
RC : 1.6.0

I have restarted everything several times, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, performed all the calibrations several times each, just in case that helped.

All i have is the blank screen and the status error message.

screenshot

screenshot
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-7 01:42
Thanks DJI-Ken and quickpoint for your replies. The error simply says "Camera Sensor Error" its in  ...

OK, connected to the internet and the app on and RC on, have the aircraft OFF and see if the homepage asks you to update the RC. You are on the latest A/C update but one behind on the RC, the latest RC is 1.6.
If after a few minutes (also move the sticks into the CSC position) you do not get a RC requires update then delete and reinstall the app and connect again (aircraft OFF) and you should get RC requires update.
When all updated and if you still get that error then it will need to be sent in.
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-6 18:56
OK, connected to the internet and the app on and RC on, have the aircraft OFF and see if the homep ...

DJI-Ken really appreciate the help, but Just to clarify im on RC firmware 1.6.0, is this not the correct version, because i have done as you directed (additionally to the attempt i made earllier at reinstalling the app), reinstalled app, internet connected, rc on, aircraft off, waited, moved sticks to CSC position, waited some more. Its not asking me to update?
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-7 02:39
DJI-Ken really appreciate the help, but Just to clarify im on RC firmware 1.6.0, is this not the c ...

It is the correct version if your aircraft is updated to v1.1.301.
I was attempting to try and get rid of your camera sensor error but it looks like it may need to be sent in.
Can you contact the support center and someone should contact you in the beginning of the week.
I am sorry about that.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-6 19:47
It is the correct version if your aircraft is updated to v1.1.301.
I was attempting to try and get ...

Ok thanks for your time DJI-Ken, as i have to wait over the weekend anyway, is it possible for me to attempt to install the previous FW version and then back again? or is this not possible as this is how it came in the box?
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-7 02:52
Ok thanks for your time DJI-Ken, as i have to wait over the weekend anyway, is it possible for me  ...

Yes it is, you can connect the P4 to the Assistant2 software then downgrade to 1.0.288.
After that connect the RC to the app via USB cable (aircraft off) and on the home page the top right icon (graduation hat) and press that for 5-10 seconds and it will take you into the RC downgrade to 1.5.8.
For everything to work correctly with the new video transmission security encryption the RC and aircraft need to be on matched firmware.
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ok, I will try and give that a go, see if it makes any difference whilst im waiting for the EU support guys to get back to me. What about the aircraft can that be downgraded as well, again just to see if it makes any difference.

Again thanks for your time and help DJI-Ken
Sorry disregard the aircraft bit, i just re read the post, you explained it all there!!!!
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-6 19:56
Yes it is, you can connect the P4 to the Assistant2 software then downgrade to 1.0.288.
After that ...

Trying to downgrade the P4 with assistant 2, but it keeps failing. Do i need the controller on at the same time?
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-6 12:52
Trying to downgrade the P4 with assistant 2, but it keeps failing. Do i need the controller on at  ...

Turn the RC off.
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks DJI-Ken, i did have the RC off, but the first 4 times i tried it said the downgrade had failed, it seems to be doing it now!
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-6 13:19
Thanks DJI-Ken, i did have the RC off, but the first 4 times i tried it said the downgrade had fai ...

Ok, it also may take a few minutes for the Phantomt to show up on your computer. After you do the downgrade cycle the aircraft while is still connected to the Assistance software and verified that the downgrade to .0288 was successful. Then use the instructions I gave you previously to downgrade the RC to 1.5.8.
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-6 21:27
Ok, it also may take a few minutes for the parent to show up on your computer. After you do the do ...

Thanks for your help last week with this, I briefly got rid of the error by downgrading and re upgrading, but on both occasions the fault returned after a short time. I contacted the online support guys who then directed me to EU support, I got on reply which included my case number and since then I've had nothing.

I have politely requested a response each day, but I am ignored every time. I attempted to get in touch through the online support but they were unable to deal with EU support matters apparently?

Any suggestions on how to proceed DJI-Ken?
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-11 15:58
Thanks for your help last week with this, I briefly got rid of the error by downgrading and re upgr ...

I am sorry you have not been contacted yet, what is your email and ticket number and I will send a message and make sure they contact you.
2016-5-11
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 14:57
I am sorry you have not been contacted yet, what is your email and ticket number and I will send  ...

Thanks DJI Ken, actually managed to get through on the phone a short while ago.
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-5-11 23:15
Thanks DJI Ken, actually managed to get through on the phone a short while ago.

Sounds good, glad you have been taken care of.
2016-5-11
Use props
Arul
New
United States

hi this is Arul from india i have camera sensor error how to slove can you help me
2016-9-30
Use props
Arul
New
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-6 09:26
Power it on/off a few times. Also, in the about page what firmw ...

hi Ken this is Arul from india how to slove camera sensor error
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Arul Posted at 2016-9-30 20:34
hi Ken this is Arul from india how to slove camera sensor error

If you have a P4 you can try to do a factory reset from the Assistant2 software on your computer.
If it does not clear, then you would need to contact support.
I'm sorry about that.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-9-30
Use props
silvanoivan.ig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 340433 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 12:17
If you have a P4 you can try to do a factory reset from the Assistant2 software on your computer.

Hello Ken, look, I'm having the same problem with the Dji Phantom 4, I updated yesterday for Ipad 3.0 ai version today made a 4 flights and 5 flight did not appear but the image of the camera in Dji go only appears telemetry but I can not shoot and take pictures, which could be ?? I live in Brazil and is unfeasible to send DJI due to tax are high !! I am grateful !!
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

silvanoivan.ig Posted at 2016-10-13 09:13
Hello Ken, look, I'm having the same problem with the Dji Phantom 4, I updated yesterday for Ipad  ...

Did you have a crash or hard landing?
If you take a photo does anything show up on the SD card?
Need to see if it's the video transmission or the camera.
2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules