o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-13 05:01
Has been sent in thr past for shell repair.*

My email i have given to you already, ryanlam115@gm ...

I saw the other flight in the park the other day, I now am looking at the one where the home point was reset to the highway.
After it set the RTH to the highway I see it heading in that direction. Then it looks like you cancelled it and went into ATTI mode then there were erratic stick movements and then full forward stick for 30 seconds or so towards the highway and not back towards you. Was that you doing it since the sticks show that or are you saying that you still had no control. And then after ATTI mode you put it into F-GPS mode.
2016-5-12
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341355 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-12 18:11
I saw the other flight in the park the other day, I now am looking at the one where the home point ...

I only had control of the left stick. The aircraft did not respond to any of my right stick movements after the home point jumped and rth initiated which then was cancelled, as you said.

I tried F -Gps to try to use IOC and bring it back but it kept drifting towards the highway. So i think i then set P-gps and the aircraft stayed relatively in the same spot you can see in the video, until connection regained at 21:05 point in the video.
2016-5-12
Use props
ricknyce
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-12 21:56
Can you please sync your flight records to the cloud and provide your email address and I will ana ...

ricknyce@gmail.com.

I have already started a ticket.
2016-5-12
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 05:06
I was only talking about resetting the home point from within the 20m radius because when you reset ...

hi dji ken.
i had sync the flight record onto cloud as you requested. the flight was on 20th april 2016. i stared this as well for easy reference.
my email address is hihi_shrek@yahoo.com.hk
i hope you can shed some lights of whats happened. and maybe relay this to your engineering team for analysis in order for future updates. thanks.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-13 06:24
I only had control of the left stick. The aircraft did not respond to any of my right stick moveme ...

That's strange, the video shows full forward stick inputs (right stick w/mode 2) but you only had left stick control ?
In your flight records, play back the flight and tap the transmitter icon and then you will see the stick movements for the entire flight. You are flying mode 2 correct?
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ricknyce Posted at 2016-5-13 08:35

Give me a while and I will look at your flight, if not tonight, then I'll do it in the morning.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-5-13 10:09
hi dji ken.
i had sync the flight record onto cloud as you requested. the flight was on 20th april ...

Give me a while and I will look at your flight, if not tonight, then I'll do it in the morning.
2016-5-12
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-12 23:31
That's strange, the video shows full forward stick inputs (right stick w/mode 2) but you only had  ...

Should be correct.
If I had any control over it, I would have flown it back safely as I have many times over, when it is not trying to head towards a newly set home point .
2016-5-12
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-12 23:31
That's strange, the video shows full forward stick inputs (right stick w/mode 2) but you only had  ...

I want to let you know, i purchase this quad for my university graduation. With my own hard hard earned money as a gift to myself for finishing undergrad.

This quad has also sentimental value to me as it marks the end of my University career. I am not ready to just throw this quad out, this is why I went to the highway merge entrance to try to get it back, putting myself in potential harm. If i could have brought the quad back to me, i would have, as i have done so many times over in the past.

If you look at my other quad reviews, for example, mjx 600 hexacopter, i take off from my windbreaker, sent it out, and land back on my windbreaker without any problems or second guess. And the mjx does not have gps or any of the advanced technology the p3s has. I am more than capable of flying remote control things solely based on their movement, even then they are far away.

But in this case, the phantom set its new home and i had little limited to no control of it.

I honestly feel like, i have answered all your questions and have told you everything that i know, and have even recorded exactly what i have done for this flight, to you, Ken, and Dji but up to this point Dji has provided no solid answer, response (other than we are looking at the case), or resolve or compensation.  Im pretty sure youre getting tired of hearing from me by now....but if you have more questions of want to think it is still my error, please, bring it to the table so maybe i can learn from this too. What would you have done if you were in our situations? And you loved your quad?  
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-13 13:24
I want to let you know, i purchase this quad for my university graduation. With my own hard hard e ...

I am only trying to get answers to assist you. I asked for your email so I can look at the flight record to see if I  see anything.
I am here to answer technical questions and I do not work in the customer service or repair center. I have no say-so if your aircraft will get repaired under warranty or you being charged for it. DJI has it's own flight analysis team and they make the decisions and not me. Again, I was only trying to assist you.
The playback of the flight record showed different from what you are saying with the stick movements. But DJI will analyze the flight data recorder in the aircraft and they will know if it was a malfunction and if so then your aircraft will be repaired at no cost to you in it's still under warranty.
And DJI has not provided an solid answer because they do nt have your aircraft yet, but when they do you will get a solid answer.
2016-5-12
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 01:41
I am only trying to get answers to assist you. I asked for your email so I can look at the flight  ...

Thanks for clarifying that.

Sorry Keñ. I got the feeling that you were vonstantly questioning me to the point that i felt like you were accusing me of sending out my aorcraft on purpose.
Im glad we àre both more clear of where each of us are coming from.
2016-5-13
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 01:41
I am only trying to get answers to assist you. I asked for your email so I can look at the flight  ...

So i think the most logical conclusion at this point for me, is that, dji will not do anything because they have "no way" to determine what happened unless they physically have my aircraft.

Well, its a good thing i still even HAVE it.
But there will be nothing covered or done under warranty.  

Thanks Ken , you have been great to us, sorry for some of my words here.
2016-5-13
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-13 20:01
So i think the most logical conclusion at this point for me, is that, dji will not do anything bec ...

give them a few days and see what's their response. international companies takes time to do things.
2016-5-13
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-5-13 08:38
give them a few days and see what's their response. international companies takes time to do thing ...

Thanks. Guess so. Since it us weekend now.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-13 19:43
Thanks for clarifying that.

Sorry Keñ. I got the feeling that you were vonstantly questioning m ...

I was only asking many questions to try and find out why this happened.
Remember, I am here to help you.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-13 20:01
So i think the most logical conclusion at this point for me, is that, dji will not do anything bec ...

You do not know if anything will be covered under warranty or not, you really need to send it in.
I have forwarded your ticket to the data analysis team for review.
2016-5-13
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 09:49
I was only asking many questions to try and find out why this happened.
Remember, I am here to hel ...

Thank you
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

No problem, I want to see what's causing it.
Since you still have the aircraft can you please upload the DAT file of the two flight to Dropbox or something like that and then they will get much more data than from the flight log in the app. Then post the link in your ticket and I will have the DAT file read as well.

Use the DJI Pilot app to enter "Flight Data Mode".  

1. Click the top right corner of the main screen to enter the settings menu.
2. Choose the blue highlight icon to enter the MC Settings menu.

3. Select Advanced Settings.
4. Select "Enter flight data mode".

There will be a prompt that tells you to connect the Phantom 3 via USB cable and you will be in flight data mode.
A drive will show up on your computer that contains a log file for the most recent times you have turned on your

Only upload the last flight with the issue to Dropbox.

2016-5-13
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 10:47
No problem, I want to see what's causing it.
Since you still have the aircraft can you please uploa ...

I believe this is the one where it went to the high way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjli0vxrl8oudvc/FLY117.DAT?dl=0
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-13 22:57
I believe this is the one where it went to the high way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjli0vxrl8oud ...

OK, thanks. I added it to your ticket and sent another note to the analysis department.
2016-5-13
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 11:21
OK, thanks. I added it to your ticket and sent another note to the analysis department.

Much appreciated
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

No problem, an for the other two users I will look at your flights in just a bit.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-5-13 10:09
hi dji ken.
i had sync the flight record onto cloud as you requested. the flight was on 20th april ...

Have you started a ticket yet, start one with support and provide your flight record.  http://www.dji.com/support/product

The common thing I see no GPS enabled device and you all have a maximum distance enabled and then it's gets the maximum distance reached.
Also, it looks like you were 300ft out and you used the auto landing feature.
It's best to have the repair center review your flight log to get a better idea of what happened.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ricknyce Posted at 2016-5-13 08:35

Yours looks like you took of without GPS signal then 30 seconds into it you got GPS.
You also had maximum distance enabled. I also see you hit RTH and it kept going the opposite direction. I do not see the home point being reset. But I do see that you were at 1,000ft up. Can you look at the winds in your area for that day, it's very possible that the winds were very strong and too much for the aircraft to handle. I do se you had some stick movements of full forward but the aircraft still was going backwards and that leads me to believe it was very high winds. Also it was not flying to a new home point, if it was you would see the aircraft turn around and head that direction but the aircraft was pointed towards you the entire time.
Anyways, the repair center will evaluate it further.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

They are going to send you a prepaid shipping label to send it back and have it looked at.Last question, have you played it back in your app, you can turn on the RC sticks overlay by pressing the RC icon on the bottom of the flight record.
After you switched it into ATTI mode from RTH mode, can you see the stick movements how they are all over the place and the aircraft acts accordingly to the sticks. Then it looks like it's drifting further away in the wind and a few times the right stick is full forward and it travels faster in the opposite direction which is the correct direction because the aircraft was pointed away from you. You are saying that you were not doing those stick movements correct?
If you lose video, you can still see the aircraft orientation on the map view and did you try to point it towards home ?
Just trying to make sure that you were not giving it the stick movements, because it was doing what the sticks were telling it what to do.

2016-5-13
Use props
ricknyce
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-14 04:08
Yours looks like you took of without GPS signal then 30 seconds into it you got GPS.
You also had  ...

There were no winds that morning. I did the weak signal then reception lost. I then raced to the area closer to it and it still wouldn't reconnect.. The aircraft vanished, I still haven't been able to recover it yet.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ricknyce Posted at 2016-5-14 07:38
There were no winds that morning. I did the weak signal then reception lost. I then raced to the a ...

OK, the repair shop will evaluate your records.
2016-5-13
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-14 03:57
Have you started a ticket yet, start one with support and provide your flight record.  http://www. ...

thanks dji-ken for the reply.

so i should always turn GPS on on my phone when flying? pls confirm.
secondly, i should disable the max distance limitation ? if so, how am i going to draw an enclosed area for my drone to fly within? im not saying this function is essential, but if this can trigger a new home location, dji tech team should take a look at it.
yes, i did push auto land 300ft away from home point, but whats wrong with it? are you suggesting this auto land function should not be used or it will trigger a new home point as well ?
2016-5-13
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209537 ft
United Kingdom

hihi_shrek has asked some good questions that need answering as quick as possible.
DJI sell it's products by saying how clever they are. Lose a signal? It'll return home. If the home point is moving that makes everything DJI say a joke.
I really like my P3A, it's the best thing I've bought for years, but the events recorded on this thread worry me.
2016-5-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

richmars Posted at 2016-5-14 15:03
hihi_shrek has asked some good questions that need answering as quick as possible.
DJI sell it's pro ...

This seems to be happening with the standard version. I have never had any issues with my home points on p3p and I use dynamic home point a lot, to do this you need to have a GPS enabled device.
2016-5-13
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 17:34
They are going to send you a prepaid shipping label to send it back and have it looked at.Last ques ...

The app is showing no flight records.
I did not remove them. I can not longer see it.

I did, however, record on my camera the map for this flight i will have a look again.
I recall i was going erratic on the sticks, but no directional right stick movements were followed by the aircraft as it is drifting to the highway new home point. It kept driftimg away and fast.
I àm not sure if you said you still can not see the home point jumping? If so, just zoom out of the map.

I flew at around 6am in the morning, wind speeds were less than 10mph.
I know the phantoms ability to be able to fight through even 29mph winds.-i know it is suggested to not fly if winds are above 21mph.

I am thinking of not sending my aircraft in. And perhaps i will just stay away from using the set aircraft current position function. As mentioned before, i do not rely on it. Nor do i rely on rth, i have flown the aircraft out and brought it back to me without any issues. Ill think about it. And if there is an issue, i guess then i will send it in or open a new ticket.

I dont want to really really wait another three weeks without my phantom for only a "possible" defect. Even though all this happened, and that i am still alive, and my aircraft is still within arms reach.

I guess for now i will think about it.
Thanks for all your time Ken! I guess this is as far as this case goes unless i send my aircraft in.even though you said it will be prepaid label. Ill think about it i guess.. But maybe it is not smart to not send it in since i am under warranty. I wouldnt be able to send it in like this if 1 year warranty was over... Hmm
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-14 21:10
The app is showing no flight records.
I did not remove them. I can not longer see it.

The reason for sending it it in is to have it looked at for the home point resetting to the other location.
So yes, I saw the home point new location. I think you had full control over the aircraft as the stick movement equaled the aircraft movements. I jus think that since you did not see it, you didn't know how to bring it back. It was it ATTI mode just about the whole time so it drifted with the wind because even though it set a new home point and maybe headed that direction, you cancelled and put it into ATTI mode but were flying the wrong direction ( and drifting in the wind). If this is not what happened, then you really need to send it in to have the aircraft looked at.

Also, the flight records are in your phone, because you synced to the cloud and that's how I saw them. Maybe you deleted them but since they are on the DJI server all you have to do is tap the cloud and it will download them back to your phone. Then you will see the flight with your stick movements the same as I am seeing.
2016-5-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-14 10:51
The reason for sending it it in is to have it looked at for the home point resetting to the other  ...

Alright.

It says syncronizing flight records failed.

If you can see the first flight log..maybe the april 12, or on the same day of may 6th, in my video, when it drifted withóut being in atti mode.

There is one thing i hàve not tried, to turn on mobile phone gps and select , set current position. As you suggested to test in an earlier post.i might or might not try it. If i do, ill let you know.

But right now , i can not view my flight logs for some reason.

I did not delete anything. I did not touch my dji app since you asked me to sync .
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-5-14 14:09
thanks dji-ken for the reply.

so i should always turn GPS on on my phone when flying? pls confir ...

If you want to play around and with resetting your home point you should have the GPS in your phone enabled.
You do not need to disable the max distance if you don't want to.
Honestly, I have not used auto landing from a far distance, I would think it would auto land where it is just like it says. If you want it to return home then auto land, you should use the RTH function. I will see about getting a P3S next week to see if I can test out these things.
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

richmars Posted at 2016-5-14 15:03
DJI sell it's pro ...

The home point is moving because the users are resetting the home point.
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-14 23:42
Alright.

It says syncronizing flight records failed.

Can you use a different device, install the GO app and login to your account then sync the flight records?
I looked at your 5/6 flight an I do not see any drifting. You reset the home point and it started coming towards you then you switched into ATTI mode and it looks like it drifted in the wind.
Again, we've gone over these for quite a while. My suggestion is to send it in to be looked at. I was able to talk to management to get an escalated RMA that would cover the shipping from Canada. If you do not want to send it in then don't keep trying to reset the home point. Enable your GPS.
Take my advice and send it in.
2016-5-14
Use props
richmars
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209537 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-14 16:46

The first post in this thread says:
'When I select : "SET CURRENT POSITION AS HOME"
the drone sets a NEW HOME 500 M away from where it is CURRENTLY. and initiates RTH.'

Are you saying this is to be expected?
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

richmars Posted at 2016-5-15 00:31
The first post in this thread says:
'When I select : "SET CURRENT POSITION AS HOME"
the drone sets ...

No, that is why I told you several times to send the aircraft in so the repair department can see why your aircraft is doing that.
2016-5-14
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-14 23:46

sorry, i didn't reset the home point. the craft found itself a new home point without telling me!
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-5-15 01:18
sorry, i didn't reset the home point. the craft found itself a new home point without telling me!

It looks like you initiated a auto landing at 4:51 into the flight when you were 310ft away, when it got down to 26ft you cancelled landing and went into P-GPS mode at 5:30. Then at 5:38 it shows you reset the home point and you also have max distance enabled and either you or it initiated a RTH to the spot over to the trees. Did you recover the aircraft? If not I can give you the GPS coordinates where it landed (in the trees I think. But you should be able to see where it went down by reviewing your flight records.
Have you started a ticket, I suggest you send it in if you recovered it.
2016-5-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules