Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will a radio frequency tracker interfere with controlling my P3S?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scschulte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159370 ft
United States

I would like to install a tracker on my P3S drone.  Extra security-- but also just to test the tracker (which I use on my HP Rockets).  OK but it utilizes the following frequencies:

Frequency coverage: 222.000 to 224.990MHz in 10kHz steps
(covers all 128 transmitter channels)

My transmitter is set to: 224.750  --- and just wondering if anyone knows if this is going to cause interference with my controller and the Phantom 3 Standard?

I believe the P3S is using 2.4 GIGAhz so I really don't see that there can or will be any interference??  Be nice to find a website or text with some explanations of the various frequencies used etc.

Thanks for any comments, directions or links!

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Saturday 7 May 2016

2016-5-7
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The P3 Standard uses 2.4 ghz for the fpv video stream,  but it uses 5.8ghz for the r/c controller signal.
2016-5-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

It shouldn't, but you don't know how clean the 224 transmitter is either.  Try it and see.
2016-5-7
Use props
scschulte
lvl.2
United States

OK IT WORKED!  I first tested the P3S on the ground with the Tracker attached via a sack to let the antenna trail.  (Sack permits me to land by having the soft sack land first, then I have the P3S move forward dragging the sack and then land so that the sack/transmitter is behind the P3S -- the drone does not land on the transmitter).

All seemed fine.  Take-off and maneuvered at low altitude.  Then up to 400' then at 400' out to about 1000' - then auto-landing there (checking for trees etc.)  Signal very very strong in the air but upon landing much less but still easy to know which direction to walk.  If I had lost all communication with the P3S but had this tracker attached (and I am sure I could have just strapped it on to the landing gear - no necessary to have this bag set-up if I would want to use the tracker all the time)-- I am fairly certain I would have found the P3S.

/Users/scschulte/Desktop/IMG_8735.JPG

/Users/scschulte/Desktop/IMG_8738.JPG

I am trying to attach some images by dragging them from a folder on my Mac to this message but I have not been successful in having photos appear-- if they don't appear this time I'd appreciate any comments on how to attach photos from a folder on my Mac to these posts.  (I'll check on this myself, too).

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Monday 9 May 2016
2016-5-9
Use props
scschulte
lvl.2
United States

OK I am trying another way to possibly get the photos into a reply:

2016-5-9
Use props
scschulte
lvl.2
United States

I am once again trying to include an image - seems you have to go to advanced then Picture…

IMG_8735.JPG
2016-5-9
Use props
scschulte
lvl.2
United States

OK It seems to have worked in the above post -- will try again…  one more image - nice sunset, too:

Tracker transmitter in Sack - at sunset

Tracker transmitter in Sack - at sunset
2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules