Inspire 1 Remote "RC Signal Lost" after update
6437 26 2016-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SiRhk
New

United States

Hello after updating the firmware on my remote it is showing a "RC signal lost warning". I am unable to downgrade because is not showing any firmware available. Remote turns on, lights are coming on and remote does connects to the iPad too.

I have the lastest version of DJI GO, I have done research about it but I don't seem to find anything useful that can help me fix my issue. DJI support is offline on Saturday's and I would like to fly on the weekend honestly.
2016-5-7
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you update your inspire 1 to the latest firmware?
2016-5-7
Use props
SiRhk
New

United States

Solution found; after trying updating it on iOs (iPad and iPhone) I decided to try with an Android Device and I was able to downgrade and fix the issue.
2016-5-7
Use props
reto
New

Switzerland

I have update my inspire 1 today too (with newest firmware 1.8.1.00 from dji homepage). and i have the same problems: RC Signal lost. i can move the camera but not start the engines...
i have not the posibility to change to Android. i have only two ipads.
After update i have checked the logfile: succeful
but no rc signal

2016-5-8
Use props
robbert
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have the same problem 'Remote control singal lost'.

Does anybody have a solution?

@DJI is there a problem with the filmware?
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

reto Posted at 2016-5-9 02:12
I have update my inspire 1 today too (with newest firmware 1.8.1.00 from dji homepage). and i have t ...

Now the RC needs to be updated to 1.6 and that is done through the app. You did not get a RC requires update message in the status bar. Once you have 1.6 on the RC then you will be on matched firmware on both the aircraft and RC.
You need to be on WiFi so the RC knows it needs to be updated and download the update to your app then upload it to the RC.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

robbert Posted at 2016-5-9 18:51
I have the same problem 'Remote control singal lost'.

Does anybody have a solution?

What did you update first, in the about page what versions are you on for the RC and aircraft. They both have to match (A/C 1.8- RC 1.6) or A/C 1.7 - RC 1.5.8)
2016-5-9
Use props
Emil
New
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-9 18:15
Now the RC needs to be updated to 1.6 and that is done through the app. You did not get a RC requir ...

I have the same problem, trying to get the RC updated, but there is no update alert coming from the dpi pilot-app, is there any other way to update the RC, can I reset the app somehow?
2016-5-9
Use props
Emil
New
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-9 18:15
Now the RC needs to be updated to 1.6 and that is done through the app. You did not get a RC requir ...

I do not get a RC requires update message in the status bar, What can I do, having a commercial flight tomorrow....
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Emil Posted at 2016-5-10 04:25
I have the same problem, trying to get the RC updated, but there is no update alert coming from th ...

You mean DJI GO app right?, We no longer use the Pilot app
2016-5-9
Use props
patrickmhenry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2382808 ft
Canada

I am getting the same issues right now as well - just updated both machines to the latest firmware. It's saying RC Lost Signal but will not offer an update via iPad on Wifi. DJI Go APP is up to date as well... any luck?
2016-5-9
Use props
patrickmhenry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2382808 ft
Canada

patrickmhenry Posted at 2016-5-9 16:32
I am getting the same issues right now as well - just updated both machines to the latest firmware.  ...

I relinked the RC to the machine and was told to update but was not given the option via iPad on Wifi....
2016-5-9
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107776 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-9 09:17
What did you update first, in the about page what versions are you on for the RC and aircraft. The ...

Hey Ken

Just received my gimbal camera and new T48 battery. DJI go apps shown A/c 1.7 R/C 1.6 on the new battery but the rest of my old batteries shown the latest firmware and never have any issue of flying with the new battery. Should i keep the AC1.7 and RC1.6? or upgrade A/C to 1.8.

Thanks Jeff
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

japoyiii Posted at 2016-5-20 04:08
Hey Ken

Just received my gimbal camera and new T48 battery. DJI go apps shown A/c 1.7 R/C 1.6 on  ...

Strange, the firmware has to be matched, the battery doesn't have an update number, the app just notifies you if the battery needs to be updated or not.
So with either battery you should see RC signal lost after the aircraft warming up message goes away.
The app should tell you the RC needs to be updated.
You either have to be on AC 1.7 and RC 1.5.8, or AC 1.8 and RC 1.6.
2016-5-19
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-19 13:36
Strange, the firmware has to be matched, the battery doesn't have an update number, the app just n ...

Yes the apps notifies me to update the camera and battery. so i inserted the sd card to download the latest firmware 1.8 then power up the AC with the new battery then the yellow light was flashing without beeping for more than a minute. But everything works without any issues.
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

japoyiii Posted at 2016-5-20 04:50
Yes the apps notifies me to update the camera and battery. so i inserted the sd card to download th ...

Ok, then you are good to go. If another one of your batteries isn't updated, the app will tell you.
2016-5-19
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-19 13:57
Ok, then you are good to go. If another one of your batteries isn't updated, the app will tell you ...

You the man!
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, I'll take it
2016-5-19
Use props
johnmcmahon.ie
lvl.1

Ireland

It seams lots of people here are having the same problem after the 1.8.1.00 update.. I updated last week and I've No Signal too, DJI support told me the craft need to be send back for repair.. I can't even roll back the craft to the last version (DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA).. Stuck somewhere in the middle and can't use my flying camera..
2016-5-20
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

johnmcmahon.ie@ Posted at 2016-5-20 12:03
It seams lots of people here are having the same problem after the 1.8.1.00 update.. I updated last  ...

Did you update the RC as well to version 1.6 ?  If not please do so.  If the aircraft is at 1.8 you must get the RC to 1.6.

Give more details , perhaps we can help .  

donnie
2016-5-20
Use props
johnmcmahon.ie
lvl.1

Ireland

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-20 20:16
Did you update the RC as well to version 1.6 ?  If not please do so.  If the aircraft is at 1.8 yo ...

Hi Donnie,

Yeah had updated everything to the latest.. I took it back to where I bought it and they can't fix it either. FIX for the moment was to roll back the craft to the 1.7 version and it seam to be ok. I'm not sending it back to DJI or I'll never see it again.
2016-6-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

johnmcmahon.ie@ Posted at 2016-6-2 07:33
Hi Donnie,

Yeah had updated everything to the latest.. I took it back to where I bought it and th ...

Ok, if you ever want to try  ( Update ) let me know and I will try to help you.

Thanks for the update

Cheers - donnie
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

johnmcmahon.ie@ Posted at 2016-6-2 20:33
Hi Donnie,

Yeah had updated everything to the latest.. I took it back to where I bought it and th ...

What warning messages are you still getting?
2016-6-2
Use props
johnmcmahon.ie
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-2 20:36
What warning messages are you still getting?

NO SIGNAL!! on Android (I get an image for a couple of seconds and then none with the warning message..
2016-6-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

johnmcmahon.ie@ Posted at 2016-6-8 20:03
NO SIGNAL!! on Android (I get an image for a couple of seconds and then none with the warning mess ...

That's strange, I can make mine give me no signal if I swipe down while not in the app and change the USB for charging to MIDI or Software installation. The only way to get signal again is to unplug the cable, power off the RC, plug it back in and power up the RC then it automatically opens the app up.
2016-6-8
Use props
johnmcmahon.ie
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-8 14:55
That's strange, I can make mine give me no signal if I swipe down while not in the app and change  ...

Well not really strange but true.. It seams lots of people on this form are having the same problem after updating..

If you look at the Inspire 1 Release Note for the latest firmware
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Notes_en_160516.pdf

Major Updates
1. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission. Both the aircraft and the remote
controller must be upgraded or else they will not link.

Obliviously a transmissionsoftware BUG
2016-6-8
Use props
jamac
New

Poland

As posted in the another thread on this forum, I have the exact same problem. After upgrading/downgrading both the controller and the i1 and doing everything that was recommended the problem still exists. Got an email from DJI today saying that there's nothing else to be done from my side and that the unit has to be sent in.
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules