P3A Issues after update. Battery sig error.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fizzlefish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16073 ft
United States

Hey guys. I just got a P3A from a friend who wrecked it for a really good price. I spent a bit of money and fixed it and has been working flawlessly for the past 3 days. I decided to update the firmware so DJI Go would stop yelling at me, also usually firmware updates are a good thing. I was wrong... Updating the Phantom itself was easy and encountered no issues. Found out i cannot use the controller with the new firmware and would need to update as well. After over a hour of trying to get it updated i found out that i needed to update to 1.3.2 before i could update to 1.6 which is required for the new firmware. I get it all updated. So I get setup for a new flight and i get a bad battery signal error right away, then invalid battery then it turns green and is fine for a brief second. Losing signal constantly as well I really only have it for a minute or so after initially turning it on. Also the battery no longer charges. When i turn the Phantom on i get several flashing lights then all 4 lights go red and i cannot do anything. Anyone have any suggestions? Hoping i did not brick it.
2016-5-7
Use props
fizzlefish
lvl.2
United States

Apparently the battery that came with it was a 3rd party battery and the new firmware does not allow for the use of it.  Might have solved my own issue though the constant disconnecting is concerning.
2016-5-7
Use props
fizzlefish
lvl.2
United States

Is it possible to roll back firmware?  I know you can roll back the RC via DJI Go but can you roll back the P3 itself as well?
2016-5-7
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

No more rolling back of the FW from what I've been able to glean from these boards.  The cheapest way to make the battery work, is to use a different app than the GO app. You need to use Litchi or DJI Ultimate Flight (android only). 3rd party apps like these works with 3rd party batteries.
2016-5-7
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

As I understand you cannot roll back from 1.8.80 I've heard you might be able to on a pro, but not advanced! But.. Amazon does have REAL dji P3 batteries for $99, so at least it's not 150....
GT
2016-5-7
Use props
fizzlefish
lvl.2

Thanks for the info guys.  I am going to end up buying another battery.
2016-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules