Vision 2+ Video Problem: Ripples in Video Capture
1975 11 2016-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdfotos
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I just bought a new Vision 2+ at the end of February (2016), and it has a problem with ripples in videos.  It seems to be worse when it is moving.  Please see the link https://player.vimeo.com/video/165733835 video.  The rippling is most noticable in the middle (about 28 seconds) until the end of the video

Please help!

Thank you,

JD
2016-5-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jdfotos, did the ripples exist when the drone is hovering? What's more , you can calibrate the IMU and change the vibration absorbers on the gimbal and try again.
2016-5-8
Use props
Jdfotos
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-8 17:28
Hello Jdfotos, did the ripples exist when the drone is hovering? What's more , you can calibrate the ...

Hi, I haven't seen the ripples when it is hovering.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Jdfotos Posted at 2016-5-11 14:31
Hi, I haven't seen the ripples when it is hovering.

Hello JD, does this issue still exist after the IMU calibration and changing the absorbers?
2016-5-10
Use props
Jdfotos
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-10 20:50
Hello JD, does this issue still exist after the IMU calibration and changing the absorbers?

Hi, thank you for the help.  Weather has me grounded.  Can you direct me toward the IMU calibration information, or is that the initial calibration (flip switch 5 times, rotate horizontal, rotate vertical) that I do before each flight?
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jdfotos Posted at 2016-5-13 02:28
Hi, thank you for the help.  Weather has me grounded.  Can you direct me toward the IMU calibratio ...

You're actually going to use the Phantom 2 Assistant software in order to perform an IMU calibration. If you haven't downloaded it yet, you could find it at the following link:

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/info#downloads

Here is a picture of what the Assistant Software looks like, you will go to the Tools tab where you would start the calibration. If you haven't done one before, I would recommend the Advanced IMU calibration. You would just leave the drone on a flat surface until it lets you know it's complete.
Phantom 2 Assistant Tools Tab.PNG

At least the weather will give you some time to do a little fine tuning.
2016-5-12
Use props
Jdfotos
lvl.1

United States

Did calibration.  Absorbers are normal.  Made 5 test videos.  Rippling happened briefly on two of the videos.  I can't see a pattern other than maybe the speed of flight, which is our average speed to record at.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jdfotos Posted at 2016-5-14 08:59
Did calibration.  Absorbers are normal.  Made 5 test videos.  Rippling happened briefly on two of th ...

The aircraft's speed can attribute to camera vibration. Combining that with wind speed would be a factor as well. I would try reducing the flight speed a tad to see whether the vibration persists.
2016-5-16
Use props
Jdfotos
lvl.1

United States

Wind speed was minimal and we flew at a variety of speeds: slow, medium, fast.  It seems to happen at slow or medium: our most needed speed.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jdfotos Posted at 2016-5-17 09:48
Wind speed was minimal and we flew at a variety of speeds: slow, medium, fast.  It seems to happen a ...

Just to clarify, did you replace the Vibration Absorbers, or just checked the ones you had? If you have not replaced them, I would recommend doing so. After that I would try a newer set of propellers as well, as it seems that the unit looks to be struggling a bit and getting props in the shot. What kind of temperatures are you flying in at the moment?
2016-5-20
Use props
Jdfotos
lvl.1

United States

OK.  All trials were around 80 degrees F.
2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jdfotos Posted at 2016-5-28 04:07
OK.  All trials were around 80 degrees F.

Your Phantom 2 Vision Plus should have also come with stiffer vibration dampeners. I would recommend switching to those for the warmer weather to try to reduce the vibration, especially if you are not noticing this issue while the unit is stationary. If this issue persists, I would recommend contacting the North American Repair Center for a potential RMA.
2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules