Problem with Phantom 4 (brand new out of box!!!) *Video*
2347 25 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

I purchased my Phantom 4 from my local Apple Store.
Right out of the box, I noticed that the video transmission was terrible. I thought maybe after I update the firmware it would be fixed.

It made no difference...

2016-5-8
Use props
fishmanrich
lvl.1

Australia

hi mate, i just updated the latest firmware on my pro3 and did does not work. cant use or fly the bird at all. "signal lost, GPS signal lost" and yet the controller is about 1m away from the craft.
2016-5-8
Use props
fishmanrich
lvl.1

Australia

just watched your video, that is exactly how my craft is reacting. This is a serious issue DJI need to fix ASAP!!
2016-5-8
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

A guy on YouTube said my iPad processor may be too slow and that I need a newer version.

I found the model number in the General > About section. I says md531c/a. What version do I have?

I also have an iPad air that I am going to try out.... I will report back soon.
2016-5-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not caused by local interference is it , the signal is @ 2.4GHz, same as wifi, so that might be causing problems? Try it outside in a clear area, see if it's the same.

It's reporting compass error, so you are close to something metalic, that might also add to the problem ?
2016-5-8
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

I just tested my iPad Air (model MGKM2CL/A) and it works perfectly!!!!

This is a bitter sweet moment. I am glad I found the issue. I just need to buy a new iPad mini. lol
2016-5-8
Use props
radiomike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82438 ft
United States

That is great info, I've wanted a Ipad mini
2016-5-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dansouliere@me. Posted at 2016-5-8 15:03

This is a bitter sweet momen ...

"This is a bitter sweet moment. I am glad I found the issue. I just need to buy a new iPad mini. lol"

That is so sad, I had a similar experience and got an iPad pro 9.7 inch, and not regretted it one bit. It is blisteringly fast

As an aside the P4 device holder holds the 9.7 inch pro or Air (2?) just perfectly albeit slightly heavy, I'll live with that given the picture quality.
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

dansouliere@me. Posted at 2016-5-8 22:03

This is a bitter sweet momen ...

Here is the support devices list:
兼容列表.JPG
2016-5-8
Use props
mlu_penguin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1812192 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have found that I get strong interference from my computer or if the transmitter is too close to the drone.

Or your antennas are pointing their 'dead zone' at the receiver on the drone.  (There isn't an actual dead zone, just as area where the transmission signals are weaker - this is why there is an 'Antenna best practices' video).

Try it outside and at a greater distance as someone else has indicated.

Good luck
2016-5-8
Use props
matthewrayhaine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 989160 ft

Had this issue on my android devices. All the forums pointed to an app issue. Zero problems on my new iPad mini that I purchased just for better comparably. I think they do it on purpose. ;-)
2016-5-8
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331391 ft
Malaysia

i was using ipad air and had that problem, but once i switch to iphone 6, then its  ok. wonder how come my ipad air couldnt perform.
2016-5-8
Use props
Infinite loop
lvl.1

Philippines

Same Experience here with my old iPad Mini. Hope DJI will update their App to support old iPad Mini i guess its just like a bloatware on how they code the DJI Go App that consumes too much memory to process which iPad Mini processors can't provide.
2016-5-9
Use props
virtualimagedes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happened to my ipad mini. I have the 1st gen ipad mini and it worked perfect but once I updated the firmware it instantly got the dreaded green screen. My iphone 6 plus is still ok.
2016-5-9
Use props
Ruud de Rooy
lvl.2

Netherlands

fishmanrich Posted at 2016-5-8 15:49
hi mate, i just updated the latest firmware on my pro3 and did does not work. cant use or fly the bi ...

Then you need to update Your controller firmware as stated in the release notes.
Check if you can see the firmware version when connected to the phantom if it doesn't show a version the controller firmware needs to be updated.

If it doesn't updates when connected to the phantom reinstall app (i also needed to do this).

good luck,

Kind regards,

Ruud de Rooy
2016-5-9
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please humor me and try this. Make a Video and Photo (recorded and taken) to the SC Card and put it in your card reader and open it in your computer and see what you have.
2016-5-9
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fishmanrich Posted at 2016-5-8 09:49
hi mate, i just updated the latest firmware on my pro3 and did does not work. cant use or fly the bi ...

Sounds like you have no link. Try reloading your updates to fresh unused media. Remove any text files on the card after downloading. The trick is fresh media.
2016-5-9
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dansouliere@me. Posted at 2016-5-8 09:58
A guy on YouTube said my iPad processor may be too slow and that I need a newer version.

I found th ...

That is what I am thinking and why I asked earlier to try playing the media in your computer. "About" should give you the processor, version, and memory. If not Google the Model or call "Apple Care" or go to Apple.com and do a chat on the model #. They are very accommodating.
2016-5-9
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

Is it me, or does it seem  like the  bulk of the issues with  the P4 are the ones, that were purchased from Apple? I just purchased a p4 bundle from Amazon (Camerise)-good deal. I took maiden flight yesterday and didn't have any of the issue's mentioned. However, the battery fitting snug into the the aircraft is a little worrisome as it as a bit of a small gab between it and the p4 body. More to come
2016-5-9
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-8 21:58
Here is the support devices list:

How to delet one's post? (Sitting down and shut up now.)
2016-5-9
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-5-9 09:21
Does that means my iPad mini one doesn't works with P4? It's not on the approved list.

Just a thought here but if its not on the approve list, but the ipad mini 2.    My guess is the ipad mini 1 is not on the approved list because its not approved and doesn't work.   I may be totally wrong with this interpretation.   

Can anyone else read the list?  is the ipad mini really not on the approved list because of its age and lack of performance to be able to run the app properly?  
2016-5-9
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-5-9 13:25
Just a thought here but if its not on the approve list, but the ipad mini 2.    My guess is the ip ...

OK, I got it professor Quick. Sorry for you have to read my post.
2016-5-9
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-5-9 15:44
OK, I got it professor Quick. Sorry for you have to read my post.

it happens j/k.   hope you get your hands on a lovely ipad pro 9.7.    fly with style =P
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need at least a iPad Mini2 for the GO app to fully work.
What can help but not sure it if will even work with your device is to go to the Image Transmission Setting page and choose custom and lower the bitrate to 4mbps.
But you really do need one of the recommended devices from the list posted earlier.
2016-5-9
Use props
Infinite loop
lvl.1

Philippines

Its just need to test your Smartphone's.

Same it happens to me with my iPad mini, then i tried with my cheap Android phone (R7Kf) and it works smooth like butter
2016-5-9
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

It would have been nice if the DJI Go app detected that I am using an old 1st gen iPad mini and tell me its not compatible.
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules