Formatting SD-Card failed
12106 12 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeverwoerd
lvl.1

I usually take out the SD-Card and put it in my computer to get off the video's.
Today i did the same and put it back into my drone with all the video's removed(Notice that all the initial folders were still there).
Normally it would just say SD-Card oke. Now i'm getting the error that the SD-Card is invalid.

When i try to format it through the DJI Go app it says: "SD Card Formatting Failed".

Already tried to format it on the pc and put it back on. This doesn't seem to solve the problem.
I tried to format it fat32 and once NTFS with a  few diffrent sizes. But it doesn't seem to solve any problem.

The SD-Card that i use is the one that came with the drone. Never had any problems before.
I'm on the latest firmware.

Notice i'm still a Rookie with these things. Never owned a (DJI) drone before.
2016-5-8
Use props
mikeverwoerd
lvl.1

I'm currently trying another sd-card. Waiting for the formation.
2016-5-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a less than joyous time with that faulty micro sd card.
Was this the sd card provided by @DJI with your drone?
If so, you may have to send it back, and purchase a replacement until they send you a new one.
Atleast you will know if it's truly the sd card acting up, or the drone.
It's good to have one or a few extra cards anyway.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-8
Use props
mikeverwoerd
lvl.1

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-5-9 03:02
Sorry to hear you are experiencing a less than joyous time with that faulty micro sd card.
Was this  ...

Thanks for this! I installed another SD-card which was formatted and empty. Couldn't get it to work.

Also the SD-Card is indeed provided by DJI. I've been using it for the last couple of weeks and never had any issue until last weekend.  
I'll try another option provided by someone on facebook which i will paste here:
"Let the drones software format the card and then put into your computer and copy the firmware upgarde will end in .bin. then turn everything off. insert the card into drone and turn on JUST the drone."

I'll hook it up to my pc and see whatever i'll be able to fix. Just hoping i don't need to send it (again) to DJI. That would be ashamed because that would already be the second time.
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mikeverwoerd Posted at 2016-5-9 16:15
Thanks for this! I installed another SD-card which was formatted and empty. Couldn't get it to wor ...

""Let the drones software format the card and then put into your computer and copy the firmware upgarde will end in .bin. then turn everything off. insert the card into drone and turn on JUST the drone.""

Sounds like dubious advice.
Forget about the firmware .bin file completely.
Once you have done an upgrade, it's job is done and you have no need for the bin file any more.
Try formatting the SD card in your drone and/or the Phantom.  It doesn't matter which.
Sometimes the cards just give up and have to be replaced.
If you can't get that one to work, you can't get it to work.
2016-5-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

On the off chance that is indeed the card reader in the drone, trying a second card would likely confirm this. And you already have this completed.
I would hate for you to need to return it a second time, but what other options might there be?

RedHotPoker
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello mikeverwoerd, if you have tried different cards and failed to format them in the drone , it is probably a hardware issue of the camera mainboard and it is recommended to contact our tech support for the diagnosis at that time.
2016-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@DJI-Paladin,
Ah, that's a nice new avatar bud. ;-)
Thanks for all the help you provide here.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-9
Use props
Crazyhouston
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 17:02
Hello mikeverwoerd, if you have tried different cards and failed to format them in the drone , it is ...

That would be a shame already! I contacted them so i'm waiting for a reply.
The SD-card(DJI) when inserted is saying initializing sd card.
Where the SD-Card i other used is just not working from the start.

any idea on that?
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Crazyhouston Posted at 2016-5-10 01:09
That would be a shame already! I contacted them so i'm waiting for a reply.
The SD-card(DJI) when  ...

If the camera mainboard and the sd card slot work normally, basically most of the cards could be read normally. I think your case is not related to cards.
2016-5-9
Use props
Crazyhouston
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-10 09:35
If the camera mainboard and the sd card slot work normally, basically most of the cards could be r ...

Thanks for your help!
2016-5-10
Use props
sd card format
New

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 01:02
Hello mikeverwoerd, if you have tried different cards and failed to format them in the drone , it is probably a hardware issue of the camera mainboard and it is recommended to contact our tech support for the diagnosis at that time.

I got a 32GB microSD card with DJI spark in the box. Drone works but won't take any pictures or record videos. I noticed in iPad DJI Go4 app that SD Card was invalid, and when I formatted, I got error that Card Formatting failed, with a button to click OK.
I've bought cards of 16 & 32 GB and the drone won't format them either.
Recording has never worked since I got the drone. Does DJI Spark record or is the Go4 app have a record feature but will work for only those drones that support it?
Thanks.
2021-7-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sd card format Posted at 7-4 02:13
I got a 32GB microSD card with DJI spark in the box. Drone works but won't take any pictures or record videos. I noticed in iPad DJI Go4 app that SD Card was invalid, and when I formatted, I got error that Card Formatting failed, with a button to click OK.
I've bought cards of 16 & 32 GB and the drone won't format them either.
Recording has never worked since I got the drone. Does DJI Spark record or is the Go4 app have a record feature but will work for only those drones that support it?

The camera does the recording direct to the SD card in the drone.
If your cards aren't formatting, that suggests a problem with the cards.
If  you try formatting them in your computer, how does that work?
2021-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules