969 7 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=85528&cid=TW430

CEO of INTEL to chair a new drone advisory committee. He has vested interest to make sure this works for UAS pilots. This should be good news for us.
2016-5-8
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I'm thinking Intel probably cares about Commercial use and probably couldn't care less about hobby use.

My gut feeling is that anything Intel does will benefit Commercial use (especially HUGE corporations) and actually hurt the hobbyist.
But that's just a WAG so who knows.
2016-5-8
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

no  they are after both commercial and hobbie level. Intel just bought Ascending Technologies this winter and they plan on making UAS systems that use cell towers to help control them instead of the 2.4ghz LOS system that in currently being used.
2016-5-9
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

lb11778 Posted at 2016-5-9 21:03
no  they are after both commercial and hobbits level. Intel just bought Ascending Technologies this  ...

gonna have to look at the flip side of the coin,   the commercial drone industry is going to go thru a major overhaul soon.   when they start preparing for commercialized deliveries drones that could be flying anywhere from 300-2000 feet,  i have no doubt this will in some way or another hamper the 400 ft current ceiling that the faa has already been pushing. then even more restrictions
2016-5-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

quickpoint Posted at 2016-5-10 14:18
gonna have to look at the flip side of the coin,   the commercial drone industry is going to go th ...

'when they start preparing for commercialized deliveries drones that could be flying anywhere from 300-2000 feet,'

I think that is an 'if', not a 'when'. Commercial deliveries mean drones operating in purely autonomous mode, and there are plenty of organisations who will oppose that idea, and for good reasson.
2016-5-9
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-10 00:28
'when they start preparing for commercialized deliveries drones that could be flying anywhere from  ...

its a When.   its coming sooner or later.    it doesn't matter how much how many people oppose.   if an idea has enough money backing it, opposition is useless.    anything can happen with enough money and people in your pockets.  
2016-5-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

quickpoint Posted at 2016-5-10 14:32
its a When.   its coming sooner or later.    it doesn't matter how much how many people oppose.    ...

If you put a lot of thinking into the technicalities of the idea, you will find it is almost unworkable, just like flying cars.
2016-5-9
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-10 02:45
If you put a lot of thinking into the technicalities of the idea, you will find it is almost unwor ...

same thing with the thought of flying machines.  powered flight in general was thought to unworkable until 12/17/1903 then all those views changed.       drone deliveries are almost unworkable but that word almost will be completely shattered with in the next 10 years, more likely 5.  

bet ya 5 bucks we will have commercialized deliveries by 5/10/2026   you can mail me my money in 10 years and have it delivered by drone =P   ICBM style drone delivery!   
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules