Phantom 3 Advanced Crash - Compass error
8376 9 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
netdadou
New

France

Hi Guys,

i just want to share here my bad adventure this week-end with my P3.
After a nice flight with a very sunny weather in the country side of North of France (no wind, very flat area i flew like 15 times before), my P3 falls down from 80 meters with no reason.
Hopefully it has crashed in the wield field with nobody.

I did the calibration and all checking as usual.

here is the video:

Here is the log screenshot that shows a compass error:
Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 09.46.53.png

I have opened a ticked with EU support, i will keep you updated about the progress.
Here some pictures of my P3 (53 flights done before), I hope DJI will cover this (it is 6 months old only):

IMG_7677.JPG IMG_4316.JPG IMG_3658.JPG

2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, netdadou. I'd suggest you to download the flight data from the drone and send them to our EU support. We will do a data analysis.
Method to download Flight Data (.DAT files)from drone
1.Connect your drone to your PC with the USB cable through the Micro USB Port under the Phantom Label in the front.
2.Turn on both your drone and controller, connect your phone to your controller and open DJI pilot
3.This option is under MODE_MC Settings_Advanced Settings_Enter flight data mode.
4.Select that DAT files with the correct date on your PC and copy them to your hard disk.
2016-5-9
Use props
netdadou
New

France

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 10:08
Sorry for your crash, netdadou. I'd suggest you to download the flight data from the drone and send  ...

Dear Paladin,

Thanks for your quick answer !
I already have a ticket 205296 opened to EU support. should I send this there ? or any other email address?

David
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

netdadou Posted at 2016-5-9 16:19
Dear Paladin,

Thanks for your quick answer !

Just send them to support.eu@dji.com and tell your ticket number in the mail.
2016-5-9
Use props
netdadou
New

France

Dear All and DJI team, after analysis DJI support team in EU will take my drone on free RMA. the error is due to compass interference.
I want to congratulate DJI support team for their responsiveness and professional way to manage this problem.
My drone is on it's way to their NL facility for reparation.
2016-5-13
Use props
johnnie12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76591 ft
Sweden

netdadou Posted at 2016-5-13 15:14
Dear All and DJI team, after analysis DJI support team in EU will take my drone on free RMA. the err ...

I hade the sam problem and they did the same for me, the best support
2016-8-16
Use props
Drone Thanh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11013015 ft
Vietnam

Dear DJI team,
I had the same problem, could you show me what i need to do.
Thank you.

2017-3-9
Use props
Drone Thanh
lvl.2
Vietnam

Drone Thanh Posted at 2017-3-9 09:47
Dear DJI team,
I had the same problem, could you show me what i need to do.
Thank you.

I follow instruction but i could not find .DAT file
http://www.upsieutoc.com/image/Y565ts
http://www.upsieutoc.com/image/Y56HRB
2017-3-9
Use props
Drone Thanh
lvl.2
Vietnam

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 00:08
Sorry for your crash, netdadou. I'd suggest you to download the flight data from the drone and send them to our EU support. We will do a data analysis.
Method to download Flight Data (.DAT files)from drone
1.Connect your drone to your PC with the USB cable through the Micro USB Port under the Phantom Label in the front.

Could you please show me by images.
Thanks
2017-3-9
Use props
AndyAndrei
New
Flight distance : 67001 ft

Romania

Hello,
I am writing here because I had the exact same issue with my Phantom 3 Pro and DJU EU Support is very unhelpful. I had this error two times during a flight, both times is caused my craft to loose control and fall, exactly as above. First time it managed to recover before hitting the ground, but the second time, about 2 min later, it caused it to fall hard and be heavily damaged. I have opened a ticket with eu support but they initially made a rushed decision that this will not be covered under warranty and now they are avoiding to change their decision despite the huge amount of evidence. If someone from DJI is reading this, please contact me so I can share my video, flight records and full description of the event. I'm in desperate need of some help, thank you. (andrei_lupas@yahoo.com)

http://imgur.com/a/dmvfQ
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules